[1004] Enter Sakura! 161206 EP.1

Cheonsa | 1004 | Angel

Here is Episode 01! Please be sure to vote for your bias at my blog! If you are unfamiliar with Korean words, here is the glossary of terms used!


 

Cheonsa | 1004

[1004] Enter Sakura! 161206 EP.1

 


 

December 06, 2016

Tueday

Caffeseoul

12:00 PM

The soft tinkle of music filtered through the cafe and Sakura sighed, shoulders slumping as she leaned back in her chair. She lifted her gaze from the papers scattered across the table in front of her, and glanced out the large window to her left. The sunny weather was a direct contrast to her gloomy feelings.

She hadn’t gotten the stylist position at Senju Entertainment, which she had really wanted. The giant company was home to some of her favorite musical groups, with mammoth groups like Cheonsa, P2K and ANBU under their expansive list of artistes. It had become her dream to work there, rubbing shoulders with the people who inspired her daily with their music.

So she was now back to the drawing board and stuck with the task of creating a new portfolio. Maybe if she reorganized it, she would have more luck with at the next company.

“You’re back?” Taeyoung asked as he passed her table. She came to Caffeseoul a lot when she had to think. The ambience of the cafe was perfect for her creative juices. She looked up and gave him a smile that lacked its usual brightness.

“Yeah…” she returned.

“I guess it didn’t work out?” he murmured, tucking his notepad in the pocket of his apron and ruffling her hair. “I’ll get you a muffin okay, noona? As service,” he added with a wink that actually brought a more genuine smile to her lips. Taeyoung always knew how to make her feel better.

Sakura nodded gratefully and brushed her well manicured fingers against the large plastic cup of her iced coffee. She sighed again, fingers closing around the cup as she pulled it towards herself to take a sip. The pinkette failed to notice how watery the drink had become as she sipped, mind going back to the day she’d had the interview.

 


 

The air conditioning in the Senju Entertainment interview room send frigid air wafting over Sakura’s skin. She tried not to shiver too obviously, and sent a slightly frustrated glance up at the hidden vents in the ceiling.

The shuffle of paper turned her attention back to the panel of interviewers sitting across from her. She was conscious that she was already lucky to even be sitting before them, and she tried to take that as positive feedback for the portfolio she had submitted with her application to be an in-house stylist at the massive entertainment company.

However, her attempts at positive thinking weren’t exactly working.

She was feeling almost nauseous from anxiety.

Her feet squirmed inside her pumps. She’d dressed up a bit for this, since it was the most important interview she’d ever attended. But now she wished she’d worn something more comfortable.

“Haruno-ssi,” one of the panelists said, resting down the papers he was reviewing. “You really are a very capable young woman,” he said with a smile. Sakura forced a tremulous smile to her lips. She could feel her heartbeat in her stomach. If she smiled any wider she would probably throw up.

“Thank you,” she said, discreetly her suddenly dry lips.

“Yes,” the second panelist said. “When I saw the application I immediately thought I had to meet you in person,” she continued.

Sakura sensed the ‘but’ coming and wished they would hurry up and get it out of the way. She was having a hard time controlling her facial expressions and the panelists looked like they were having a hard time getting to the troublesome ‘but’. They gave slightly uneasy smiles to each other before it became apparent that the task was going to fall to the third panelist.

He tapped the papers against the desk, straightening them before looking up at Sakura.

“We really would have loved to have you as part of our team. Unfortunately there are no open positions at this time. We’re really sorry to have called you out just to turn you down, but we didn’t feel right telling you this over the phone or via text or email,” he said.

Sakura understood and appreciated their consideration, but she would have been more comfortable with a less personal method. At least she wouldn’t have had to smile. She wouldn’t have had to bow while struggling to hide how much the disappointment was crushing her.

“Thank you for your consideration,” she said anyway, trying her hardest to keep her voice level. She failed miserably, wishing she didn’t have to notice their pitying expressions. She bowed again, folding her lips tightly and squeezing her eyes tightly against the disappointed tears. She was aware that she didn’t have much experience, and that this had been a long shot, and that maybe it had been too soon, but it was still a massive disappointment.

Perhaps she had been too hasty.

Perhaps she had been too cocky, thinking she could be a part of something so huge so early.

“We will keep you in mind, Haruno Sakura-ssi,” the first panelist said with a smile he probably hoped was comforting.

It wasn’t.

Sakura gave them another short bow and let herself out of the room. Outside, she leaned against the wall and let the tears fall. She bit her lip, wiping her eyes furiously when she heard footsteps in the hall behind her. She turned, pushing a smile to her face and nodding at the two women walking past.

They were so focused on the words on the paper they were both looking at that they didn’t even see her. That somehow made her feel worse.

Insignificant somehow.

She’d have to start over.

 


 

“-never asked me to fall in love. You never once held back plans for me.”

The familiar melody of Sakura’s favourite Cheonsa song jolted her from her thoughts and she shook her head in an attempt to clear her mind, then reached into her purse for her phone.

“Haruno Sakura,” she answered, straightening in her seat.

“Hello Sakura-san. It’s Lee So Ra from Senju Entertainment.” Sakura’s eyes widened and her heart thumped in her chest. Why was the Senju Ent. Human Resources secretary calling her? Had a position opened up so soon?

“Hello Lee-nim, thanks for calling,” Sakura replied politely, biting nervously on the inside of her cheek.

“Sure thing Haruno-nim. Remember I told you I would give you a call if a position opened up? Well one did. Cheonsa’s stylist had some personal issues and is unable to continue at her post. We decided that you would be the most suitable replacement, if you are interested in the position.”

So Ra’s words hit Sakura like a bomb and for a couple seconds she scrabbled to make sense of it all. She was being offered the position of Cheonsa’s stylist? The Cheonsa of Senju Entertainment? The Angels of Kpop? They were her favourite group and one of the industry’s giants. She’d never imagined being their stylist in her wildest dreams...but now this was happening.

“Haruno-nim?” So Ra’s voice snapped Sakura back to reality and she bobbed her head enthusiastically.

“Yes! Yes definitely,” Sakura blurted a little too loudly, causing the other customers seated close to her to look in her direction. But she was too excited to notice their stares.

“That’s great, we are really looking forward to working with you Haruno-nim,” So Ra laughed happily, before continuing in a more serious tone. “We would love you to start your job now, if you could give me your location I will send one of the company cars over to pick you up. We would like you to meet Cheonsa as soon as possible. They will be expecting your arrival.”

Sakura quickly relayed the address of the CaffeSeoul branch she was currently at and So Ra informed her that her drive would be over in about twenty minutes. They would carry her back to her apartment to collect her belongs after she met the guys.

Sakura ended the call and placed her phone down on the table.

“Yes!” she exclaimed, pumping her fist into the air, a large grin stretching her face. She didn’t care that the entire cafe had turned to stare at her.

She’d gotten the job.

She was going to be the stylist of her favourite boy group.

She couldn’t ask for more. It was funny how quickly a situation could change. Just a few minutes ago she’d been so dejected, agonizing over which company she should approach next, when the one she’d really wanted to work at had rejected her.

“Taeyoung!” Sakura called, waving her favourite waiter over. He ambled over to her table, grinning at her.

“You got the job, didn’t you?” Sakura nodded and launched herself at a surprised Taeyoung.

“Yes I did! And it's my dream job too! Can you believe it?” she rattled off, basically bouncing with excitement. Taeyoung laughed and squeezed Sakura back.

“That’s so awesome, Noona! Finally that company realized what they were missing out on,” he grinned, winking cutely at the pinkette. Sakura grinned, pulling away and reaching for the papers on table. She gathered them and stacked them together before shoving them back into their folder. Taeyoung stuck out his hand which was closed around a warm blueberry muffin.

“Congratulations Noona,” he smiled, blushing a little when Sakura smiled up at him.

“Aw thanks, I promise I will drop by again when I get the chance.” Taeyoung opened his mouth to reply but was interrupted by an official sounding voice.

“Haruno Sakura-nim?” Sakura turned to see a man in a well tailored suit with the Senju Entertainment ID card attached to a blue lanyard that hung around his neck. Her drive had arrived.

“Y-yes that's me,” she answered, bowing as she stumbled over words.

“Excellent. Please follow me, the car is waiting for you,” the man replied.

“Okay, thank you,” Sakura replied, stuffing the folder into her bag and grabbing her phone. She turned to ask Taeyoung for the bill but he waved her off with a smile.

“It’s okay, this one's on me Noona, go get em.”

“Thanks! I really owe you Taeyoung!” Sakura grinned, throwing her arms around the waiter once again before turning to the waiting man who led her out of the cafe and to the sleek black car that waited outside the front doors.

 


 

Sakura shifted in the beige leather upholstered seat. The car smelled of expensive leather. She’d never been in a vehicle as luxurious as this one and Sakura found herself looking around in awe.

She still couldn’t believe she was on her way to meet Cheonsa, and not just as a fan but as their stylist. The pinkette let out a small giggle and forced herself not to pump her fist into the air again. She wanted to look composed in front of the driver, even though he was at the very bottom of the Senju staff chain.

She propped her chin on her palm as she looked out the window, a happy smile curving her lips. She reached into her purse for her cosmetic case and retrieved a mirror, quickly checking her hair and makeup. She wasn’t trying to impress anyone...well maybe she was but she wanted to make a good first impression. She was about to meet her favourite group ever. Not to mention her biases.

Neji.

God, she was nervous.

And excited.

Sakura’s green eyes sparkled as butterflies fluttered anxiously around in her stomach. She couldn’t deny her nervousness, but she would rather be nervous than still looking a job.

Yes, she was ready.

 


 

ShikBang

1:12 PM

“I don’t even know what to choose off this menu,” Naruto muttered, flipping through the thick leather-covered menu. “How can they make me want to eat everything on this thing?” Kiba leaned back in his seat, poring over his own menu.

“I would have the oysters, but I don’t think that’s appropriate. It’s so sunny out,” he added with a smirk. Haku grimaced, balling up a napkin and throwing it in Kiba’s face.

“Kiba, how can you only think of one thing?” the ‘Face’ of Cheonsa asked, appearing genuinely confused. Obito laughed and threw his arm over Haku’s shoulders, mock-protecting him.

“Don’t worry, our pretty little Haku-ya,” he crooned. “I’ll protect you from our ever- bandmate.” Haku pushed Obito off of him.

“Hyung, I’m more scared of you,” he laughed getting up and moving around the table. “Shika-hyung. Let me sit next to you instead.” Itachi smiled quietly at their antics as he calmly took a sip of his tea.

“What time is it?” Sasori complained. “Why would they call us here and make us wait? These idiots wouldn’t even hurry up and agree on something to order.” Shikamaru checked his watch, actually agreeing with Sasori. They had been sent to ShikBang for a team dinner, but as soon as they had arrived, their manager had disappeared on them with only a vague warning to stay out of trouble.

“What the hell… It’s already a quarter past one,” Deidara muttered, looking down at his designer watch. “And Shizune-noona is late. They made it sound like a big deal that we get here for 12:30, but we’ve been here for half an hour and no one else has arrived yet.”

“Hey, that’s right,” Gaara murmured in his signature rasp. “Shizune-noona is late. She didn’t even meet us at the dorms with Kakashi-hyung this morning.”

“Do you think we should call her?” Naruto asked, resting down the menu as a particularly mischievous smile stretched his lips. “She scolded us so much because Deidara always makes us late, and then two days later she is the one keeping us waiting. We can’t let this slide.” He pushed back his hoodie and reached for his phone.

“Heh, well I would rather be late than look like you,” Deidara drawled, looking disdainfully at Naruto and flipping his hair out of his face.

“At least I have looks!” Naruto smirked, sticking his tongue out playfully. Deidara’s eyebrow twitched and he threw his chopsticks across the table at his blonde bandmate.

“Make Itachi call,” Neji suggested softly, pulling out his earbuds as he got drawn into the conversation by Deidara and Naruto’s loud bickering.

They all had felt properly chastised by Shizune’s uncommonly serious scolding about their lateness, so they all felt it would lighten it all to give their stylist a bit of scolding themselves.

“She would be more likely to answer if Itachi calls,” Sasuke said with a smirk. The ever present pride in his voice whenever he said anything about his older brother was in full force today. The other members of the twelve member group gave him a long, exasperated look while Itachi calmly took another sip of his tea. At the group’s prodding, Itachi picked up his smartphone from where it rested on the table, put it on speakerphone and speed-dialled Shizune.

The Japanese-born stylist picked up on the second ring.

“I knew this would happen,” Sasuke whispered proudly with a satisfied smirk. It was no secret that apart from the fact that they were close because they were both Japanese, Shizune had a soft spot for Itachi.

“Hello Shizune-san,” Itachi greeted her in Japanese.

“Speak in Korean,” Deidara whispered harshly, glaring at Itachi. Itachi gave Deidara a long look before speaking in Korean as requested.

“You are showing your irresponsible side,” he said. “Where are you?”

“We get it, Shizune-noona,” Naruto piped up. “It to be kept waiting. Where the hell are you?”

“Guys?” Shizune said, her voice sounded strange.

“Noona, are you with a man? I told you those y skirts would get you in trouble,” Kiba drawled suggestively, winking at Shikamaru who shook his head and laughed a bit helplessly.

“What would being with a man have to do with her being late? Unless you mean that she was having and forgot about us,” Sai inserted blankly. “Were you having , Noona?” he asked.

“Guys, I’m…” Shizune said, her voice weak. She faltered.

“Are you okay, Noona?” Shikamaru asked, wondering how she hadn’t started shouting at Sai yet. There was a sniffle over the line.

“I’m not coming,” Shizune warbled, obviously on the verge of tears. The boys looked at each other, their teasing ribbing fading into genuine concern.

“Are you ill, Noona?” Neji questioned.

“I’m sorry, guys…” Shizune said, her voice trembling. The others erupted into questions, then. Itachi raised his hand, intending to get them to quiet down, but before he could even open his mouth the line went dead.

 


 

Itachi felt as though someone had slapped him when Shizune abruptly hung up after apologizing. What was going on? He sighed, rubbing his forehead as the others erupted around him. But before anyone could really say anything the door to the private room Kakashi had booked for them slid open and the CEO of Senju Entertainment stepped into the room, followed by a plethora of assistants.

Itachi immediately jumped to his feet when he noticed Tobirama making his way over to their table. The rest of the members followed his lead and got to their feet, swallowing the questions they had been asking about Shizune’s uncharacteristic behavior.

“Hwejang-nim,” they chorused, bowing respectfully when Tobirama stopped in front of their table. He raised a hand, smiling slightly, but his grey eyes remained hard.

“Ah, good afternoon boys,” Tobirama greeted, inclining his head slightly. “You must have noticed that Shizune-ssi isn’t here. I have come to inform you that she is no longer employed at Senju Entertainment.”

Itachi’s stomach dropped and instantly his forehead began to throb.

“WHAT?” Deidara yelled, face contorted with anger. Itachi grabbed him by the arm and stepped forward to correct his outburst.

“I apologize, Hwejang-nim, we are all just shocked at the news. Please excuse Deidara’s outburst and thank you for informing us of the change.” Itachi bowed respectfully and Deidara reluctantly followed suit. Tobirama nodded curtly before continuing.

“The new stylist is currently on her way. I expect you to welcome her,” he turned and strode out the room, leaving as quickly as he’d come.

“What the is going on?”  Sasori gritted out and Deidara slammed his fist onto the table, cursing loudly.

“This can’t be happening...hyung, what are we gonna do now? How could she just leave us?” Gaara muttered to Neji, green eyes wavering with emotion.

“I don’t know…” Neji answered, jaw clenched as he forced himself to hold on to his emotions.

“She lied. She said she would never leave us behind…” Sai said blankly, hands fisted in his lap and brow furrowed as he struggled with all the emotions swirling within him.

“This is so troublesome…” Shikamaru groaned, resting his head on the table.

“ this , how could they tell us the day she left?!” Kiba spat angrily.

Itachi rubbed his forehead again, wrapping an arm around a silent Sasuke. He knew his brother had taken the news hard even though he hadn’t verbalized it. Sasuke tended to be extremely silent when hurt.

Naruto grabbed his hair in between his hands, pulling on the bleached strands. “I can’t believe she would do this! I have to find her now!” he yelled, jumping to his feet. Itachi grabbed him by the wrist, yanking him back down onto the seat.

“Naruto control yourself!” he barked, tone coming out harsher than he’d intended, but it was extremely hard for him to be his normal stoic self when everything was falling apart before him. Everything including Sasuke.

Naruto slumped into his seat, anger fading from his face as he went uncharacteristically quiet. Further down the table Haku sobbed onto Obito’s shoulder.

“Hyung, why would they do this? Why didn’t anyone inform us about this before?” Haku muttered. Obito shook his head, eyes solemn as he looked down at Haku.

“I don’t know...I really don’t, Haku-ya. But I know Shizune noona had been having problems with the company….so maybe this is a result of it,” Obito answered. They all had sensed some tension between Shizune and management, but she’d never opened up to them about it. The boys had been left to quietly speculate.

Itachi noticed Gaara retreating into himself and nodded subtly at Neji, letting him know he would leave the Hyuuga to look after the redhead. Gaara always reacted the worst when anyone left and now that this had happened so suddenly he knew it would be extremely hard on him. He’d already had abandonment issues before ‘the incident’ a couple years back, which had made it worse,  and now this situation with Shizune had occurred.

Itachi let out a small sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose. How the heck were they to just get over this information when one of their biggest supporters had left them? Shizune had been like family to all of the members, who all were separated from their own families as they worked tirelessly in the entertainment industry.

Now she was gone.

And if Tobirama’s expression was anything to go by, she wasn’t coming back.

 


 

ShikBang

1:26 PM

Sakura stepped out of the car, bowing slightly at the driver and straightening her skirt. If she’d known that she would be meeting Cheonsa today, she would have dressed up a bit more. She her lips and checked her makeup again before sliding her compact mirror back into her purse. Taking a few deep breaths, Sakura headed inside ShikBang.

She’d never been inside the high-priced restaurant before but found herself completely unable to truly appreciate the decor or ambience. She blew out a slow, marginally calming breath and softly asked a waitress to direct her to the Gold Room.

“This way please, Customer,” the waitress said with a bow, turning and leading Sakura down the hall. Sakura was getting her nervousness under control when she caught sight of a tall, handsome ahjussi making his way towards her. Even without seeing him from up close, she knew who it was.

Senju Tobirama.

The CEO of Senju Entertainment.

The music mogul had partnered with his bandmate and brother, Hashirama, to make the largest entertainment company in South Korea. He was her new boss. He paused when they got closer.

“You must be Haruno Sakura-ssi,” he said. He dismissed the waitress with a shake of his head and turned back to Sakura who had dropped into a forty-five degree bow.

“Hwejang-nim,” she said. “I’m Haruno Sakura. I’m pleased to meet you,” she said formally. He laughed softly and smiled at her.

“Pleased to meet you too. I hope you do well. Try not to make the boys scare you,” he said, sliding one hand into the pocket of his expensive suit. “You only need to go two more doors down. It’s the door on the left,” he added with another charming smile before he excused himself and sauntered off. Sakura spun to watch him leave.

He was probably twice her age, but he was incredibly good looking with an impressive form. As expected of a kpop idol, even if he was retired. If the internet was any indication, he could still execute dance moves like the best of them and the years had been good to his smooth, rich voice. Sakura watched him until he disappeared from sight and then turned again.

That hadn’t been so bad.

Two doors to the left.

If she could speak to the Senju Tobirama, then meeting the boys might not be so terrible. They might even like her.

Sakura stopped in front of the door to the Gold Room and smoothed her clothes again. She took a few deep breaths, but just hearing the low masculine voices on the other side of the door made her heart race in her chest.

Cheonsa.

She was going to meet Cheonsa.

Not the unsatisfying brush of hands as they passed the fans as they exited the stage, but actually meeting them. She would be able to talk to them.

“Calm down, calm down,” she said to herself, clearing gently before rapping on the door and sliding it open. The Cheonsa members immediately stopped speaking when she entered, all turning to look at her.

For a few seconds, it was deathly silent.

Sakura stared at them, amazed that they looked this good in person and without their stage makeup, and they stared back at her with varying degrees of blankness and curiosity. Sakura couldn’t quite put her finger on what was off, but the way they were looking at her made her nervousness kick back in full force.

That was probably why she was unnecessarily loud when she introduced herself.

“Hello! I’m Haruno Sakura, the new stylist! I’m pleased to meet you. Please take care of me!” she fairly shouted, wincing when she realized how loud her voice had gotten. Her loud greeting was met with deathly silence and even more stares. She chanced a glance at them and the first thing she saw was Deidara’s expression of blatant disdain.

Haku looked disappointed and a little frightened, and Sakura absently noticed that his eyes were a bit red.

Sasuke wasn’t even looking at her and Neji, her ultimate bias, looked like he wanted to be anywhere else. The other members were staring at her, but they looked anything other than welcoming.

“Ah…” she said into the silence, looking back and forth in confusion. She thought they were expecting her, but their reaction to her arrival was beyond disheartening. Still, she had to plow on.

“Didn’t anyone tell you I was coming?” she asked, stepping fully into the room and closing the door behind her. She felt like she was stepping into the lion’s den, but she wasn’t about to turn back now.

“Just now,” Itachi said. Itachi was the leader of Cheonsa-J, the six-member Japanese subgroup of the boy group.

“Ah,” she said, trying to lighten the mood by smiling brightly at them. “I’m so pleased to be part of the team. I’m a big fan,” she said. “I have, like, all your songs.” Her enthusiastic words were met with more silence and a disbelieving scoff from Deidara.

“This is just not my style,” he said darkly, sitting in his seat and crossing his arms across his chest. Even Shikamaru, who was known to be the most mellow of the group, looked at her with dark, guarded eyes before turning his face away from her. Sakura felt her eyes begin to burn.

She wasn’t sure how she had expected the group to behave when she’d met them, but this was not it. Not by a long shot.

This was a nightmare.

“So, do you guys come here a lot?” she asked, trying to get them talking. She inched towards the table, feeling like an insect under a magnifying glass. The way they were eyeing her made her feel even more like she should have worn something else. Maybe if she kept talking to thim this strange atmosphere would dissipate and they would warm up to her.

There was no answer to her question, which just made her feel even more awkward. She decided to just keep talking.

“You are the first people I wanted to meet when I decided to become a stylist,” she said, taking a seat. Her fingers clenched and unclenched around her bag strap, and her palms were damp with sweat.  

“And you are the last we wanted to meet,” Sasori said moodily, sitting and turning his attention to his menu.

Sakura swallowed the lump that had formed in and got to her feet.

“Please excuse me,” she muttered quietly before sliding from behind the table and exiting the room. Once outside the room she leaned against the wall, forcing some of the tension out of her shoulders. Why were the Cheonsa members so different in person? Were their personalities all just a front for the fans? Or was it just her they had a problem with?

Sakura wrapped her arms around her stomach as nausea surged through her. Her hands shook and she crouched down when she felt the room swaying around her. She gulped in deep breaths, forcing herself to calm down.

There had to be something she could do to improve the situation.

 


 

As soon as Sakura exited the room, the silence was broken.

“What the ? Does she think we are happy to see her?” Deidara sneered angrily and Sasuke nodded in agreement.

“Hn, does she really think she can just waltz in here and take Shizune noona’s place? How pathetic…”

“Deidara, Sasuke!” Obito snapped, his usually pleasant countenance completely gone.

“They are right though Hyung,” Sai interjected, black eyes hard with anger.  

Sasori sighed, suddenly feeling for a cigarette, but he’d quit after joining Cheonsa because the company didn’t feel it was appropriate for the idol image. His emotions were raging within him and frankly he had no idea what to with himself or what to say to the his bandmates. He slouched in his seat, yanking his hoodie over his head and stuffing his hands into the pockets of his jacket.

He didn’t hate the new stylist but he had to admit he was in no way ready to accept someone in Shizune’s place. He’d been a bit cold towards her, but with the way everything was he could hardly find it in himself to be polite.

“Dammit... this ,” Sasori mumbled digging into the pocket of his pants to retrieve his secret stash of cigarettes. The only thing he still felt like he knew how to do at the moment was smoke. He slipped the cigarette between his lips and rummaged around in his backpack for a lighter.

“Ugh, Hyung what the heck?” Kiba snapped in annoyance when the smoke from Sasori’s cigarette wafted across his nostrils. Sasori rolled his eyes but stubbed the cigarette out on his plate. He really didn't feel like arguing with Kiba over his smoking habits, especially when he knew he wasn’t supposed to be doing it anyway.

“Hyung, you okay?” Deidara asked quietly when he noticed Sasori leaning his head back against his seat. Sasori glanced over at Deidara and shrugged. He honestly didn’t know the answer to that question.

“I can’t believe Shizune left…” Deidara continued, ignoring Sasori’s silence. Sasori nodded in agreement.

“Yeah…” he muttered, jaw clenched with emotion. He sighed when Deidara continued to grumble, not really wanting to have to comfort the overly dramatic blonde like he normally did. But Deidara was his friend so he let him rest his head on his shoulder and pretended to listen to his complaints, not that he would ever admit it. Even if Sai brought it up in an interview.

 


 

Sakura was aware of her nails biting into her palms.

Relief coursed through her, but was rapidly replaced by hurt, frustration and a mixture of anger and annoyance. So this was why the atmosphere had been colder than Siberia in there?

Because the previous stylist resigned?

She could understand that they were upset that there would be changes in the team, but did they have to take it out on her? Did they have to make her feel so unwelcome?

She slid the door open, glaring back at the boys when the looked at her with open hostility.

“Was that it?” she asked, her voice trembling. “Just because the previous stylist bailed you’re going to take it out on me?”

“WHAT?” Naruto growled, standing and storming over to Sakura. “Shizune-noona didn’t bail on anyone,” he continued, facing off with Sakura. Sakura stood her ground, now that she was aware that it hadn’t been something wrong with her but the boys’ apparent tantrum over their stylist leaving.

“You’re not even our style,” Deidara snapped. “You’re nothing like Noona. So loud,” he complained.

“Well she sure isn’t here,” Sakura snapped. She hated when people took their emotions out on people who were unrelated to their issues.

“That was uncalled for,” Neji said when Naruto and Haku both gasped at her words. Being chastised by her bias just made Sakura feel even more upset.

“Was it?” she asked bitterly. “I was told you guys were expecting me, but I come here and you are taking out your frustrations with the previous stylist on me. If you have issues with her bailing on you call her.”

“Stylist-nim,” Itachi said. “We just lost someone precious to us. You do not have the right to speak to us like this. You do not know us or the situation. It would be best if you thought before speaking,” he continued, his voice hard and his displeasure showing in his face. Sakura’s fists curled even tighter.

“I could say the same to you. You didn’t have to make me feel unwelcome just because I’m not your precious stylist. It’s not my fault that she’s gone.”

“It’s not about you,” Itachi returned, his eyes dark and unyielding. “Whether or not you are annoyed is not important right now.”

 


 

Haku bit his lip. He could see the tears forming in Sakura’s eyes after Itachi icily asserted his opinion about her annoyance. Crap, this was not turning out good. He had to do something before the situation spiraled out of hand. He knew no one actually meant to hurt her but the entire situation was just not in her favour. However, he could understand her angle; he had been there. He’d been in the exact same position as Sakura was in when he’d joined the group after ‘the incident’. No one had been welcoming then and he’d spent many night crying until Obito had warmed up to him and helped the others to come around.

Noticing a lone tear leaking from Sakura’s eye, Haku reached out and grabbed her by the wrist, pulling her out of the room. He didn’t want her to have to feel any more humiliated than she already probably was. Guilt washed over him as he led Sakura out of the room. He hadn’t been welcoming to her at first either, even when he’d understood the situation she was in.

“I’m really sorry Haruno-nim,” he said quietly once they were out of the room, eyes downcast with guilt and shame. “I shouldn’t have been so unwelcoming...none of this is your fault.”

Sakura gave him a watery smile.

“I-It’s okay,” she said shakily, but her tears continued to fall. Haku shook his head, long hair whipping from side to side.

“No, it isn’t okay! We shouldn’t have treated you in such a manner Haruno-nim. I just...I really don’t want you to think badly of the rest...they didn't mean to hurt you...it's just...we’re all so shocked that Shizune-noona left us that we took our frustrations out on you.”

Sakura nodded in understanding, wiping the back of her hand across her eyes.

“I know...maybe I shouldn’t have been so hasty in my confrontation either but I guess I was just so overwhelmed you know…”

Haku nodded. “Is it okay if I give you a hug Haruno-nim?”

A small smile crept across Sakura’s face and she let out a small laugh.

“Yes you can and just call me noona.”

“Yes, noona,” Haku replied immediately, bowing respectfully. He kicked himself mentally when heat rushed to his face as moved to hug Sakura.

Dammit, he was supposed to be manly, not cute. His eyes were still red so he figured she’d known that he had been crying. But unbeknownst to Haku, Sakura had a completely different opinion to what he’d expected she would have of him.

 


 

Sakura felt a little of the weight lift from off of her chest when Haku wrapped his arms around her. She’d been extremely surprised when he’d pulled her out of the room and apologized. To be completely honest, she hadn’t expected him to react in such a manly way.

He was pretty but there was no denying that he was man, the rise in her heart rate when he pulled her against him proved it even further. His chest was firm and manly, much more muscularly defined than she’d thought he would be. He was warm and smelled manly and expensive.

“I’m really sorry Noona,” Haku muttered again, looking down at his feet as he pulled away from Sakura. “I kinda know what you’re going through right now because I went through something similar when I first joined the group.”

Sakura’s mouth formed a small O as she remembered that Haku had joined the group after the other eleven members. She remembered the uproar it had created amongst the fanbase when a new member had joined after ‘the incident’.

“It's okay now, you can stop apologizing,” Sakura smiled weakly, still feeling rather exhausted from the confrontation. Haku returned her smile and placed his hand on the side of her arm.

“I’m gonna go talk to the others now, Noona, could you wait here please?”  he asked politely and with the way his brown eyes glittered with warmth and the way he chewed on his lower lip, Sakura found herself nodding in agreement.

 


 

Haku reentered the room, face set as he approached his bandmates. He had to do this.

“Haku!” Obito exclaimed as soon as he entered the room, jumping up from his seat and rushing over to him. “Is everything okay?” the tension in Haku’s shoulders lifted at the warmth in Obito’s voice. He’d been a bit apprehensive of everyone’s reaction to him going off with Sakura. He knew they’d all fully accepted him but every now and then his old doubts would resurface. He hated being ostracized.

“Yeah Hyung,” Haku replied and Obito ruffled his hair. “But I think we really hurt Sakura-noona…”

Obito nodded. “Yeah I think we were a little harsh.”

“Che, well she deserved it for mouthing off at us as if she knew the situation,” Deidara snapped, but Haku could see that the majority of his anger was fading. However, Deidara hated to admit that he was wrong.

“But Hyung, she really didn’t know anything about the situation so she didn’t deserve the way we acted towards her,” Haku answered and Deidara slumped a bit in his seat.

“Hn..Haku is right,” Itachi agreed, black eyes softening and he nodded ever so slightly at Haku who straightened, feeling proud that his opinion had been acknowledged by the Cheonsa-J leader.

“Ahh mendoksai…” Shikamaru mumbled and Haku recognized the Japanese word meaning troublesome as his bandmate frequently used it.

“Hn. Well if Itachi-nii says so then it's true,” Sasuke also agreed, instantly following Itachi’s lead as he always did.

“Yeah I kinda feel like crap now...that was no way to treat a lady” Kiba mumbled and Naruto nodded vigorously in agreement.

“Believe it!” he exclaimed.

Haku turned to Sasori who shrugged and put his hands up in surrender.

“We should apologize to her before she makes up her mind that we are all completely dickless bastards,” Sai said bluntly and a small snicker echoed through the room at his less than tactful remark.

“I definitely ain’t dickless, yeah,” Deidara glowered, “but I will apologize...even if it's not my style.”  

“Well obviously you are since I didn’t even point you out and you jumped up,” Sai replied, his signature fake smile curving his lips upwards. Haku stiffled a giggle and interrupted Deidara before he could reply to Sai.

“I’m gonna go get her then,” he said, smiling when everyone nodded in agreement.

 


[The guys officially introduce themselves.]

 

Haku ushered Sakura back into the room, sending her a quick reassuring smile before turning to the rest of guys in the room.

“Introduce yourselves. We can start with the Japanese members,” Haku said to the others. He gave Sakura a small smile and a cute thumbs up. Itachi took the lead stepping forward and outstretching a hand, which Sakura took after a surprised pause.

“Hello. I’m Uchiha Itachi. I’m the leader and main vocal of Cheonsa-J. I… apologize for earlier,” he said, his voice smooth and deep. Sakura nodded and gave him a tentative smile.

“It’s okay… I was out of line too…” she conceded, nodding at him again before turning to Sasuke.

“I’m Uchiha Sasuke. I’m the mid-tone main vocalist of Cheonsa-J,” Sasuke said, loosely shaking her hand.

“I’m Uzumaki Naruto, the main dancer of Cheonsa-J,” Naruto said with an exuberant pump of Sakura’s hand. “Sorry about earlier. Just give us some time,” he added with a grin while scratching the back of his head. Sakura smiled at the change in Naruto and moved on to Neji. He didn’t shake her hand, choosing instead to give her a short, shallow bow after he spoke. Sakura’s hand lingered awkwardly in the air, but her eyes had taken on a dreamy cast as she stared up at Neji.

“Hello. I’m Hyuuga Neji, the rapper for Cheonsa-J-” His words were interrupted by Kiba, who scowled darkly at him while reaching for Sakura’s hand, which was still frozen in mid-air.

I’m the main rapper for Cheonsa-J, Inuzuka Kiba,” he said, treating Sakura to his trademark smouldering gaze. “I’ll apologize for Neji. He’s bad at this sort of thing,” he drawled. Heat rose to Sakura’s cheeks at his direct eye contact, and she allowed her hand to linger in Kiba’s even as Shikamaru spoke.

“Oi,” he said with a lazy tilt of his head. “Nara Shikamaru. Cheonsa-J’s High-Tone.”

“And now for the Korean members,” Haku said, nudging Obito forward.

“Hello, I’m Choi Tobi, also known as Obito,” he said, with a tight smile and a shake of Sakura’s hand. “I’m Cheonsa-K’s leader and main rapper.” When Haku jabbed his elbow into Obito’s side, the rapper continued. “We apologize for being so cold earlier. We were just worried about Shizune-noona.”

“I get it,” Sakura said, feeling to cry with relief. She’d be forever grateful to Haku for smoothing things over. She sniffed, her eyes burning.

“Hey… don’t cry…” Gaara said, stepping forward a bit hesitantly. He stuck out his hand. “I’m Song Minho, also known as Gaara. I’m the Cheonsa-K Low-Tone vocalist,” he continued, giving Sakura a slightly awkward pat on her shoulder.

“Hi, I’m Choi In Ha, otherwise known as Haku. I’m the main vocalist and visual of Cheonsa-K,” Haku said smiling and blushing a little as he held out his hand to shake Sakura’s. Sakura took his hand, giving him a secret smile, but then decided against just shaking his hand and pulling Haku closer for another hug.

“I’m sure you already know who I am,” Deidara said, tucking a loose strand of long blonde hair behind his left ear. “But I’m Shin Jae Yeong, also known as Deidara, and I’m the main rapper of Cheonsa-K. I’m also the main dancer and main singer, yeah. And the visual. In short, I am the main everything,” he said haughtily, not bothering to bow or extend his hand.

Sakura blinked at Deidara’s introduction and forced herself to stifle a giggle. He still eyed her with disdain, but Sakura suspected this much was normal for him. It was somehow different to earlier.

“Yo, I’m Cha So Ri, also known as Sasori and I’m a Mid-tone vocalist from Cheonsa-K,” Sasori inclined his head coolly and fist bumped Sakura. The pinkette had a hard time not openly fangirling at his swag.

Now that he was actually being nice, that was.

“I’m Sai. the main dancer of Cheonsa-K and I think you’re really pretty even though you have a large forehead,” Sai smiled, eyes half moons as he stuck his hand out to shake Sakura’s.

“Sai!” Neji snapped, but Sakura just laughed and waved the comment of good naturedly, even though she was steaming on the inside. She supposed he did give her a compliment in his awkward way of smoothing things over. Besides, it wouldn’t do to get mad again. She just wished he hadn’t mentioned her forehead.

“It’s okay, I’ve heard that before,” Sakura said, forcing a rigid smile. “Anyways, it’s really nice to meet you guys,” she continued, turning her attention back to the others. “Under less… tense circumstances, anyway.”

There was a small moment of awkward silence before Sai went ahead and made it more awkward.

“Are you only going to hug your rescuer?” Sai piped up again. “What about the rest of us?”

There was another moment of awkward silence before Naruto laughed and ran his hand through his blonde hair.

“Sai, way to make things awkward for her. Of course she would hug Haku. He’s pretty and nice and stood up for her. Don’t mind him, Sakura-ssi,” he said with a chuckle. Sakura felt relief course through her at Naruto’s words. Her brain had frozen for a second. Of course, she definitely wouldn’t mind getting to hug all the Cheonsa members, especially now that they were on better terms and she knew they didn’t hate her, but she would feel really awkward admitting that out loud.

More so because their first meeting had been so disastrous.

“Isn’t it just that you want a hug Sai?” Kiba asked with a smirk.

“And you’re going to pretend you don’t?” Sai shot back. “I read that hugging is a good way to be friends.”

“Let’s just all get hugs,” Haku suggested with a cute, sheepish smile. Sakura thought her heart would beat right out of her chest. “That’s okay, right? Sai does have a point.”

Sakura could only nod dumbly. Never in her wildest dreams had she imagined… okay, so she might have imagined this a few times, but she didn’t really think it would happen.

“Good idea Haku-chan!” Naruto grinned happily, winking cheesily at Sakura. Sasuke rolled his eyes in exasperation and elbowed Naruto in the ribs. “Let’s be friends from now on.”

“You’re so uncool...dobe.” Naruto grimaced in pain and mock glared at Sasuke. Sakura giggled at Naruto and Sasuke’s antics and Shikamaru shook his head exasperatedly.

“Well, whaddya waiting for?” Kiba grinned, opening his arms to Sakura. Instantly heat rose up her neck and into her cheeks and she had to squash her inner fangirl down to acceptable levels.

“You really think she’d want to hug you?” Sasori smirked playfully at Kiba and he rolled his eyes at the redhead. He played absently with his earrings, still feeling a bit uncomfortable with this sudden friendliness, but wanting to at least make an effort for Haku.

“Psh, as if. We all know I’m the hottest in the group, besides wouldn’t you know who get jealous if you hug Sakura-ssi?” Kiba wiggled his brows and a small blush reddened Sasori’s cheeks. “Or does she even know you exist?”

Sasori inclined his head.

“With this swag?” he drawled, gesturing to himself. “Of course she does,” he said, his confident words almost completely undermining the reddening of his cheeks.

“Aah, mendokusai,” Shikamaru muttered when Sakura faltered. Still, he was the first to step forward and pull Sakura against his chest for a short, but firm hug. After him, it seemed like an endless stream of friendly embraces from the Cheonsa members.

“Welcome to the team Sakura-ssi,” Obito said with a grin when he pulled away. Sakura smiled up at him, so happy she didn’t even know what to do. Her brain threatened to shut down when her favorite long-haired member quietly tugged her closer for a hug.

She’d hugged Hyuuga Neji. Not to mention she’d gotten two hugs from Haku as well. She knew it was probably fickle but the hugs definitely made up for the way she’d been treated earlier.

“As expected,” Kiba said when he wrapped his muscular arms around her. “Skinship is the best, don’t you agree?” he murmured. Sakura’s heart began to thunder in her chest. This would take some getting used to. It wasn’t fair for Kiba to be such a flirt with that face.

What was a girl supposed to do?

When he stepped away, he was quickly replaced by Haku who gave her a surprisingly tight squeeze. When he pulled away, Kakashi chuckled and stepped forward.

No one had even seen when he’d entered the room.

“Well it looks like you guys are getting along quite well, so my work here is done,” he said proudly, placing his hands on his hips. He gave them all an eye-crease above his customary black surgical mask.

Naruto let out a loud yell and jumped, bumping into Sasuke.

“What the hell? When did you get in here Hyung?” he squeaked.

“WHAT WORK?” Deidara yelled, visibly annoyed. Kakashi never failed to completely set him off. “You legit did nothing. Where the heck were you, Hyung? You claim to be our manager and yet you never seem to do anything,” Deidara snapped, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Ah…” Kakashi started then paused. “... I was helping a cat out of a tree nearby and then I had to help a halmeoni across the road,” Kakashi eye smiled at Deidara who huffed angrily at the blatant lie.

“Ugh, you’re so not my style…” he muttered leaving off the respectful hyung. But Kakashi was quite used to Deidara’s rudeness and so ignored him.

“Psh..is that what they’re calling it these days Hyung?” Kiba smirked, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively, causing everyone to burst into laughter. Well everyone except Itachi and Neji. They only raised a brow in amusement.

Shikamaru stood, looking a little pale.

“Hyung, are you okay?” Haku asked quietly, brow crinkling with concern. Shikamaru nodded and waved a hand tiredly.

“Yeah, just exhausted from last night. I’m gonna go lie down in the bus until you guys make up your mind and order something. Call me when they serve,” he muttered, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his black joggers.

Haku nodded but bit his lip with concern, watching as Shikamaru headed towards the door. He was about to turn away when Shikamaru staggered, hand going to his forehead as he steadied himself against the wall.

“Hyung!” Haku exclaimed, alerting the rest of the members.

“You okay Shika?” Obito asked, ambling over to where Shikamaru stood.

“Mendoksai-ne,” he muttered, shrugging Obito’s hand from his shoulder. He shook his head as if to clear it and moved to walk away but collapsed to the ground instead.

“SHIKA!” Obito yelled, bringing everyone rushing to his side. A lump formed in his throat. This scene was all too familiar. It felt eerily similar to ‘the incident’.

 


 

AN://

THAT’S IT!!

Please review and let us know what you think!

ALSO REMEMBER! Visit and follow our blog (so you can get the posts related to this story. We will be putting a bunch of stuff there), and vote on the poll about your current Cheonsa bias.

The poll closes on Friday evening, and the most popular member will get a special scene. If you don’t vote there, at least put your choice in the reviews (but we really want you to vote there haha!)