Chapter 1: Friends

Angel Seal

Do you know the legend of the angel seal? 

They say that before your birth, Lailha, the angel of the conception, put a candle on your baby head in your mother's womb. That candle highlights every secret about the universe and about your past and future life. 

But when you would go out from this protective womb Lailha would put her finger on your upper lip and say a soft "Ssh". This act would turn off the candle and make you forget everything you learnt. So that you won't reveal the secrets humanity and would forget about your past and future life making you free of will. 

This act is responsible for the little crease on your upper lip, the philtrum. 

« CAKE!! The mother! Do your job and watch over the mom! I’ll tell you when the baby will be here!

-But I want to see!! I want to see!

-Cake no. The mother.

-Pff, you’re not funny Ring.

-I don’t care. We can’t lose the mother. Or you know what will happen to you…”

A mother was about to give birth and everything was doing great. But suddenly the mother constants fell down. Her breath became heavy and her heart beat got way too fast. She was going to die at that rhythm. They needed to slow down her heart or she would die with the baby inside, and if the mother dies, the baby too. They were no way they would lose both of them.

“Cake! The mom! I told you to look after her! The you were doing! We’re losing her! Do your work! !

-Damn! I just wanted to see the little face of the baby! What do I do now?!

-Don’t panic! We need her at least until the birthing is done. Calm her down, restrain her in for now. I’ll help after my job is finished.

-Okay, roger!”

Doctors were all around the mother checking her, giving her medicines trying to calm her down. While others would make the father leave the room hardly. They needed space.

“My daughter, my wife…- said the father.

-We’ll do our best, sir, please leave now.”

Once the dad was out the main doctor and the midwife whispered things to one another.

“Ring ….? What are they saying? Is good or... Is it bad..?”

Ring looked at Cake quite long with dark eyes.

“We need to help the baby out Cake. Would you help?

-… I see. Let’s help that innocent newborn then.”

Cake left the mother side to be in front of the round pregnancy belly.

“Please, my baby... my baby, save her. Dear angel, save her... – The mother whispered while trying to grab Cake’s hand.

-She sees us? That’s even worse that I thought – Whined Ring – Let’s save that baby. I’m going to bring it myself. Mom, just a bit more and I promise you that we will stop the pain forever. Just one more effort so that we can save the new soul, fine.  At three! One two THREE!!”

The mom pushed with all she had left of energy and life, Ring healed the pain, and Cake used some magic to attract the newborn until a small baby face would show up.

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

-Ssh, baby, ssh, forget every…

-CAKE THE MOTHER!!”

Beep…

“She didn’t even hold her daughter. She didn’t had time to smile at her… -Said Cake sadly looking at the lifeless mother – She fight death until she heard the voice of the baby. There she gave up everything…

-Let’s take her soul up… Do you have it?”

Cake had it. For the transport of the soul, a small bag made of see through shield was necessary. Cake recited a sentence and a small ball of light came up. The angel took it and placed it inside the magical bag.

Ring was looking at Cake with even darker eyes now. They lost the mother and it was Cake’s fault… The price for this was really high…

“The baby? – Asked Ring avoiding Cake’s eyes knowing what he would find inside.

-I did my job. We can go back now…”

XIXth century

A couple is truly in love, swearing fidelity to the other, walking hand in hand, smiling happily.

In a bed, a morning waking up in each other arms .Sweet kisses, sweet cuddles, sweet hugs.

In a bed, an evening, deep love kisses, warm and hungry caresses, no sleep.

In a garden, playing catch me like children, laughs, tickles and kisses as punishment.

A baby, two babies, sweet happiness, soft happiness, peaceful happiness.

Darkness.

Suffocation, flames, tears, screams cries, pain, fire, big fire, enormous fire.

Death, hard death, sudden death, painful death.

No more baby, no more husband, no more happiness.

Darkness…

XXIst century

“Wake up! Hye Rin wake up!”

Hye Rin opened her eyes to her blurry celling. She had sweat on her forehead, and tears in her eyes.

“Are you alright? – Jonghyun asked his little sister.

-Jonghyun… I am. Don’t worry. I had a nightmare. – Hye Rin answered with her sleepy mouth.

-That nightmare? – He looked at her worried.

-Yes… It’s okay oppa. It’s just a dream after all.”

Oh Hye Rin was living with her step-brother Kim Jonghyun in Seoul. After her mother death, her father couldn’t imagine raising a baby without a mother. He married a single mother thinking that she couldn’t raise a baby without a dad. There weren’t really love in between the two parents but they were really good friends.

Jonghyun’s dream was to become a song writer so soon at the end of school he left home to move in Seoul. Nowadays his talent can’t be hide anymore and he gets a lot of order for well know singers or group.

When Hye Rin got her pass to one of the most famous Seoul University, Jonghyun gave her a room in his big house.

That’s how they end up leaving together. As they have only few age difference, and different last name, many of his neighbors thought at first that Hye Rin was his girlfriend coming to live with him. They quickly cleared all the rumors by saying that they were actually brother and sister.

Hye Rin was in her last year of her veterinary course. She was doing really well and was really excited to start working, even if she was worried because of the rate of employment in her country. She wasn’t tall, but wasn’t petite, and even if she wished she had longer legs, it wasn't a big matter. She had medium long brown hair and big round eyes, and her round face was finishing her cute appearance. Her brother would always joke about it saying that she looked like a bunny.

She was a really joyful girl which lacked of confidence, but always smiling. However she kept having the same nightmare where she was either dying or someone she loved would. Because of those nightmares, even though her heart was made to love, she would not imply herself too much in friendship and never had a long love relationship. She was scared of the loss.

So instead of humans, she had a lot of furry friends. A dog, named Tokki, a bunny named Mimi, a hamster named Jongas (just because he was so similar to her brother), and a cat named Lex. To this already big squad, Jonghyun added a small dog named Roo. All these lovelies had a special room only for them in the house, a place where they could sleep and play. On this room’s door, you could read “Our Dream Team”.

Jonghyun wasn’t tall either and it was his complex. He had a big warm heart with a sweet soft voice. Hye Rin loved to hear him singing his compositions. He didn’t like the color black of his hair, so he was continuously coloring them. Once he even painted them pink, making Hye Rin laugh until tears. He had problem sleeping since he was young due to Hye Rin’s nightmares. He always wanted to be there to protect her from her demons. Therefore now, he was a night wolf, writing all night long and sleeping during day.

“Jonghyun! Breakfast’s ready!!- Hye Rin shouted to the 2nd floor.

-…

-Oppa! You need to eat! – She scolded him like their mother would.

-Coming! Let me just finish this.”

He was working in his studio at the second floor and in the middle of new lyrics and he needed to write them down before they would disappear. This studio was actually a mix between a bedroom, a musical studio and an office. The whole 2nd floor was only for him and his work, while Hye Rin had the ground floor. She was in charge of the breakfast and he was in charge of the dinner.

Hye Rin sat on a chair, back in the kitchen in front of the fresh made breakfast. Soon she was joined by her brother.

“At what time will u be home tonight? –He asked in between two spoons.

-Around 5pm, why? You have a new song? – She questioned back all excited.

-Yes! I’ll need your help again. –Jonghyun winked.

-Roger! –Hye Rin said doing the military sign.”

After they both finished they washed the dishes and tidied the kitchen. Then Hey Rin went to her room and opened her wardrobe while jumping on her bed to sit. She chose a blue T-shirt and a white pair of jeans. She brushed her hair, put a bit of lip-gloss and smiled at her reflection.

She then grabbed a backpack full of bunny key chains and went to her squad room.

“Hello Dream Team! –She greeted them”

She checked for water and food, cuddled a bit and blew them a kiss.

“I’m leaving, oppa!

-Have a great day, Rinah!”

She put on her earphones and played her favorite music. She walked down to the main street and waited at her bus stop. There she took the 502 blue and reached her university’s campus. There she had to walk all through it to go the veterinary building. She was walking in rhythm with the music in her ears, making it movie-like.

Then suddenly an arm surrounded her nape making her dreamy bubble pop out.

“Gooood Morning ~!!”

The most handsome man of the promotion was holding her by the shoulders and smiling like a super model.

“Ya! Choi Minho! You scared the hell of me! When will you stop doing that every morning! – Hye Rin whined.

-No “Good morning”? – He said with sad eyes.

Hye Rin sighed but smiled back at him – Good morning Minho!”

They walked along the red street next to each other Minho saying how he would have win to all the losers playing soccer video game last night. Until a second arm surround Hye Rin waist. This time it belonged to the most stylish boy of university.

“What are you two talking about? Talking about me behind my back?

-Yes yes of course Kibum. We said a lot of awful stuffs! – Hye Rin . You know what boys?

-Yes honey? - Answered Minho

-What is it baby? – Key asked back.

-Let go of me! Everyone is watching us! They will think we have a thing together! –She said blushing a bit.”

The two boys looked at each other and burst of laughing. Great, now they were going to think they are crazy.

“Ok boys, I’m going first!”

Hye Rin escaped the two boys embrace by walking at fast pace. She wasn’t looking in front to be sure she would distance them. The three of them were so childish but it was fun.

She was almost in front of her door when a young man spotted right in front of her. He bended a bit and leaned his face really close to Hye Rin. She widened her eyes and backed away her face a bit.

“Excuse-me, where is the welcome desk? –He asked with a really soft voice.”

He was quite tall with a round face and blond hair. Something was strange about his eyes though. He had one blue and one green. Hye Rin was sure he was Korean because of his global appearance and how he spoke the language but those eyes were really weird. Maybe it was lences but she wasn’t confident at all about it.

Seeing her confused face he blinked his eyes and pouted, making her even more clueless.

“The welcome desk, where is it? I’m new here and this place is so huge!”

He looked all around freeing Hye Rin from his close stare for a minute to lean back again right after.

“So?” He smiled at her and her heart skipped a beat. He was so handsome. The way his cheeks would cover his eyes, how his nose would become all round and draw a smile too. For a second she crossed his eyes and had a déjà vu feeling until he back up and sighed.

“Maybe you don’t know either. Never mind I’ll find it by myself.

-Th…This way.”

Her voice was like stuck deep in herthroat for a strange reason but he seemed nice so she helped him. She remembered that when she first got there she end up lost too and a nice sunbae helped.

“Thank you! See you again, maybe!” He bowed cutely and went the way she showed him.

Hye Rin bowed back and watched him walk away. What a strange man. She shook her head and headed inside the amphitheater sitting next to her fellow comic boys. She took her stuffs out of her backpack and turned to her friends. A cold wind caressed her face and it wasn’t because of an open window. The two boys were looking at her with fire in their eyes and frowned eyebrows.

She swallowed hardly knowing what would soon come out of their mouth. She tried to ignore it and turned back to face the board. She side-eyed her friends who didn’t move an inch and sighed letting her head fall in forward.

“Ok, fine! Ask it! –She gave up.”

Both men changed seat to enclose Hye Rin and grinned at her.

“Who was it who was it? –requested Minho excited as a child.

-Does he have a crush on you? Did he confess? –Continued Key with sparkling eyes.

-No… He was just lost… and asked for his way.

-He has a crush on her. –Concluded Key to Minho

-Totally. – Minho agreed - Did he give you his name?

-Ya! Don’t make quick conclusion! No I don’t he was just asking for his way! –She tried to defend herself.

-Crush. – Said Key as final word.

-Crush. –Echoed Minho before looking front as the professor entered.”

Why were they always like this? Hye Rin was helpless with these two. The first days she arrived at university once she found her way in she sat in this big room and expected nothing. It’s at that moment that the famous Choi Minho sat next to her and introduced himself. “Hello, I’m Choi Minho, we’re supposedly the same age and since I’m sitting next to you, I am now your friend! Nice to meet you.” Like he didn’t even ask for her point of view and followed the shy Hye Rin all the day talking almost always to his self about soccer, and sports in general. The next day he came with a new made friend, surely with the same introduction and acted as if the three of them knew each other for years. The funnier about that day is that Kibum acted the same, he followed up so easily.

So their friendship built up and Hye Rin was always bully cutely by them. She wasn’t a victim, she liked it too. It was the way their friendship was. They were her first real true friends and she cherished them so much.

At the end the day she headed back home. She got off of her bus and walked in the street of her neighborhood. After living there for some years now, she knew the street by heart, knew all the obstacles on her way, knew all the shop owners but for whatever reason she was on the floor right now. She stumbled on something new and her hit the floor. That was the second time today that something unusual would happened. She stood back wiping her now ruined white pants and looked for the responsible of her fall.

In front of her she found a carton boxes full of strange stuffs with no one around. What was that box doing in the middle of the street? She walked avoiding the box to cross a black cat. That cat was so cute. It has big eyes, and big ears. On its forehead there was a white drop dot.

“Oh hello you, what are you doing here? Are you hunting? I’m sorry there isn’t much to hunt. Lex is eating them all. She is a forever hungry cat.

-Meow.”

Hye Rin squealed softly. The cat was like answering her, the cute! She moved her hand forward to cuddle its head and the cute cat purred against her legs.

“Taemin, his name is Taemin. –A voice from behind told her.

-Oh it’s cute! Hi Taeminnie. –She greeted.”

At that moment the cat stopped being all cuddly with her and looked straight at her with furious eyes, or so she thought it looked like.

“Ah he doesn’t like this nickname. Just call him Taemin –The voice explained.”

She stood up again to face the stranger and paused for a minute. The person in front of her eyes was the lost man from this morning.

“Oh! - They both said at once – You, from this morning!”

The fact that they said exactly the same word at the same time made them laugh in the middle of the street.

“I am Lee Onew, I just moved to this house.”

The house in question was as huge as Jonghyun’s and would cost a lot. How could a student rent or buy such a house. Hye Rin was shocked. Onew would have seen it because he justified that it was his parents who bought it some years ago.

“I am Oh Hye Rin; I live with my brother, well in this house, just next door.”

She smiled at him shyly an asked if he needed some help to unpacked and he accepted her help.

Once all was inside the house, Onew offered a drink to Hye Rin. But while walking to her to give the glass he fell on the floor saving the glass only by miracle. The position he fell in was hilarious and Hye Rin burst out laughing. This new neighbor was so funny and for a reason she couldn't explain she was comfortable around him.

“I’m a bit lost in this town; I don’t even know which bus I should take. I went by foot this morning. – He explained on the sofa next to Hye Rin.

-By foot? You have courage. If you want we can go together tomorrow. I’ll show you the bus and the stops. I’m leaving at 8am.

-You would? I’m sorry. You help me lot. I’ll repay you one day.”

After some more talk Hye Rin went home and greeted her Dream Time. However they reacted strangely avoiding her a bit as if her smell was different. “Hey, hey, there, it’s me, it’s Rin ah.” Tokki looked at her and made a happy “woof” as if he was relieved that it was really her.

She then climbed up to see her brother. He had fallen asleep on his desk in his so dark room. He even had covered the window with heavy black curtains. He loved darkness way too much for Hey Rin’s taste. She grabbed a cover on his bed and put it on her brother back. She then took off his glasses. That gesture made him open an eye.

“You are back, welcome home lil’sis.

-I am back. Sleep well oppa, I’ll cook dinner tonight.”

She put a kiss on his forehead went out closing the door behind her. She went downstairs and cooked dinner. After dinner she went to give food to her dream team and played with them until bed time showed up.

She dressed up her pajama and went to bed.

XIXth century

Happiness, smiles, bright smiles, games, youth, innocence, love.

Pretty landscape, memories, children, clear laugh.

A man, a beautiful man, a loving man, a wonderful husband. A smile, bright smile.

A woman, a handsome woman, a loving woman, a wonderful wife. A smile, happy smile.

But then PAIN.

Hot, burning, burns, loss, no more landscape, no more hopes.

PAIN

DEPRESSION

DARKNESS

DEATH

XXIst century

This morning again Hye Rin was sweating. Sighs those nightmare were something. She washed her face and walked to the kitchen. There a pretty breakfast was waiting for her with a sticky note.

“I’m sorry I fell asleep yesterday and didn’t cook dinner.”

Jonghyun wa so sweet. She climbed up and knocked.

“Morning oppa!

-Morning cutie doll, how are you? – He smiled to her as if she was the most precious.

-Did I screamed again? I’m sorry Jonghyun. I’m alright. Don’t worry.”

She did the same ritual as yesterday and left the house, but this time she waited in front on the house next door. 7.50am., she was in time. She couldn’t believe she was there though. Her who promised herself to never have friends, she had already two, and was making a new one purposly.

She heard some whispers and a door closing so she looked in the house direction and a perfectly dress blond man with weird eyes colors was walking the her smiling like if he waited for her his whole life. This image gave her another feel of déjà vu, and this time the déjà vu made her sad, so sad.

“Good morning!... Are you alright..?”

What was that feeling, gosh it was painful.

“Hye Rin…”

So painful, it was burning her heart.

“Hye Rin ah!!

-Yes … yes sorry – She was getting back her mind, what was that? –I am alright. I had a nghtmare this night might be that . Don’t worry.

-As a friend, don’t hesitate to tell me when you have problem okay?”

Friend? Why does all the people she met proclaim themselves friends without her consent? This idea made her smile.

‘Let’s go! I’ll show you everything, friend!”

HI GUYS !!! 

 

so here the 1st chapter of my new fic~ 

How did you like it? 

It's huge compared to what I wrote normaly so I hope it wasn't too long ;; 

Tell me you thoughts, your hypothesis and your worries and hopes. 

See you at the next chapter !^^ 

Subscribe, upvote and comment ~ 

Love

Lexie