I Miss You

The Mystery of Solar's Lost Wallet

“Guys, do you see my wallet?!” Solar shouted to her members from her room. She was frantically turning all her stuff upside down because they were about to leave to perform in Daegu but her wallet is nowhere to be seen.

Realising that no one answered here, she came outside and found Hwasa still in the bathroom blowdrying her hair.

“Ya! Have you seen my wallet?” The leader asked the maknae in panic.

Hwasa showed Solar a gesture that she did not hear what Solar was saying because of the hairdryer noise. But of course she heard Solar, they were in the same room. Hwasa was just being playful and she loved seeing Solar got into a panic mode. That leader acted like the maknae most of the time so Hwasa did not get to act like she was the one who was actually the youngest of the group.

“My wallet..” Solar repeated, still looking like the world was going to end. She nudged Hwasa’s arm, making the maknae lost her grip on the hairdryer that she was holding.

“Unnie! I’m drying my hair here.”

“Ya, Ahn Hyejin! I’m standing here asking you question. Aren’t you supposed to answer to your leader?”

“Omo, what’s wrong now?” Hwasa pretended to be annoyed. With her deep and slightly louder voice than Solar’s, Hwasa could come across as being angrier than her leader.

Solar, already getting more worked up than before, started to have tears in her eyes, “I lost my wallet. I am so sure that I didn’t leave it someplace else. I brought it home last night after our practice but I couldn’t find it anywhere.”

“If you’re so sure that your wallet is here at home, then chill.” Said Hwasa, “We don’t need to bring our wallet to Daegu, anyway. We will just go there, perform, and then come back to Seoul right away, won’t we?”

“That’s true.. but..” Solar hesitated, “It’s not about the wallet..” She whispered to herself, something that she hoped Hwasa do not hear, but the maknae did hear it.

“If it’s not about the wallet then what is it about?” She challenged her leader who looked like she had lost all the hopes in the world.

Solar sigh before leaving the maknae alone, “Nothing.. Just.. forget about it..”

She decided to come to Wheein instead. The girl was still in her room, packing her stuff in her backpack.

“What’s up, Taeyang?” Wheein asked Solar when she saw her leader stepped into her room.

“Have you seen my wallet?” Solar asked Wheein in a desperate tone, hoping that this time, Wheein would be her savior.

“No.” Wheein shook her head, “Why would I? It’s your wallet.”

“I know it’s my wallet.” Solar sighed again, “But I can’t find it anywhere in my room so I thought somebody must have seen it.”

“Have you asked Byul?”

“No. She’s already in the car.” Solar threw herself on Wheein’s bed.

“Well, if you can’t find it, we could always search for it after we came back from Daegu. Now, shoo! I need to pack my stuff.”

Feeling dejected, Solar got out of Wheein’s room and came inside hers, trying to find her wallet once again before deciding that perhaps, she actually lost it.

She remembered clearly that there was no money in it, only her bank debit card, a hair salon membership card, a bunch of sales receipts, and her pictures. That picture was one of them. And if she lost her wallet, then it means she lost that picture.

It was not the kind of picture that you can reproduce. There were only two copies of that picture in the world. She had one of them. Now that she lost it, gone was her memory of that day.

Solar sighed. Perhaps this was a sign that she should move on. It had been a few weeks, indeed.

Geurae.. It’s about time I move on anyway.” Solar talked to herself. She then stood up and decided to go after Moonbyul to the car.

 


 

Meanwhile, in the car, oblivious to the ruckus happened in the dorm, Moonbyul sat calmly on the front seat with Mamamoo’s manager unnie. The manager was busy on the phone with her supervisor so after a while, Moonbyul decided to play games on her phone instead.

A few minutes later, she suddenly felt something poked her back. She didn’t feel it earlier, but maybe because she moved around on her seat, then that thing – whatever it was – appeared. She paused the game and reach behind her only to find Solar’s wallet was tucked between the seat and its backrest.

“Aish, this Unnie, so reckless every time.” Moonbyul sighed, not knowing that Solar was anxiously looking for that particular wallet in their dorm upstairs.

Moonbyul automatically took out the wallet to be given to Solar when she comes in later, but accidentally the wallet was opened.

And there it was, a black and white picture of Solar and the one and only Eric Nam. Moonbyul recognized the picture as the one they took when they went shopping in one of their latest WGM episodes, just right before Solar tricked Eric Nam into a hidden camera prank.

She kept it here? Moonbyul asked the question to herself. Then she smiled knowingly. This unnie never gave them any definite answer every time Hwasa, Wheein, or herself asked about her former husband. Solar always told them that both she and Yoon Do oppa had a great time doing the show, and now that it was over, it was time for them to come back to their own life. If someday, somewhere, they meet again, they would say hi to each other like a longtime friend. But that was it.

Moonbyul noticed that Solar was trying to hide her longing feeling every time the members mentioned Rick Hyung’s name around her, or every time she was asked about Eric. She would laugh like it was nothing to worry about but her facial expression was exactly like what she showed people in their last episode, where she tried so hard not to cry. Moonbyul knew her better than that. Solar was on the verge of crying that day.

She remembered that she had asked Solar one time, a few days ago, on whether she and Rick Hyung still kept in touch. That day, Solar told her that Yoon Do oppa texted her once in a while, but she hadn’t replied to any of the text.

“But why?” Moonbyul kept asking.

This time, Solar sighed before answering, her eyes wandered to the car’s window, “It’s easier like this, isn’t it, Byulie-ah?”

Now, Moonbyul felt like she had found an answer to her leader’s longing expression. And she knew exactly how to help her.

She immediately turned off the game that she was playing earlier, and opened her camera on her phone. After taking a few pictures of Solar’s wallet from different angle, she sent one of those pictures to the only person who would be very happy to receive it. Rick Hyung.

 


 

Solar, already mentally and physically exhausted after turning her own room into a mess, walked alone to the elevator, leaving Wheein and Hwasa in the dorm. She only brought her radish doll and her phone with her, still devastated that she failed to find her wallet.

Then, while she was waiting for the elevator to come up, she felt her phone vibrated in her hand. She got a text message. Thinking that it was Moonbyul asking on her whereabouts, Solar lazily opened her phone only to be surprised that it was not Moonbyul who contacted her, because she saw the name Yoon Ddong<3 as the sender.

“Omona.”

More to her surprise, Yoon Do oppa sent her a picture of the inside of her own wallet, complete with that photo they took together in a photobooth.

“How could he..” Solar gasped for air. She could not believe that of all people in this world, it was Yoon Do oppa who sent her picture of her long lost wallet, the one she had tried so hard to look for since early in the morning. It was unbelievable.

But the surprise did not stop there. The next thing she knew, right after she opened the message, Yoon Do oppa sent her another picture. It was his own wallet. She knew because she saw it once when they were still filming WGM. What surprised her was, apparently, she was not the only one keeping their picture in the wallet. He did, too. This time, it was her picture wearing a white hijab when they went to Dubai a few months ago. She rememberd how Eric kept repeating that she looked really pretty in that moment. She never thought he would kept the picture with him.

Seolma..” She kept talking to herself. Oblivious of her surroundings as she was so immersed in the messages that were coming in from Yoon Do oppa.

Never in her right mind she would think that Yoon Do oppa would keep their picture in his wallet and actually bringing it everywhere he went. She always thought that what Yoon Do oppa did to her throughout their virtual marriage was just him being Eric Nam, the Nation’s boyfriend. He was trying to live up to his image and he did his best not to disappoint the viewers, and herself.

But he’s got Ailee unnie.

That was what she always thought. She knew very well that both Eric and Ailee were very close to each other, and through some people, Solar heard that Eric had a crush on Ailee once a few years ago. But Solar didn’t ask further so she didn't know how that went on, whether or not they dated afterwards. It was just, both of them kept a very close friendship even until today so Solar thought, there were those kind of people who were just inseparable. She thought Eric and Ailee were like that, and she was just caught in between as a virtual wife.

Solar never thought that she actually left an impression on Eric.

Then, one second later, Eric sent her a message that surprised her the most. It was just one line. One sentence that made Solar lost her balance and almost fainted in front of the elevator door. He told her, “I miss you, Kim Yong Sun.”

- the end -