Job offer

After you (JUMINxJAEHEE)

          A week had already passed since the last RFA party was held. Jumin Han was sitting at his desk in his office reviewing a large pile of job applications. "That's useless," He muttered, "Why can't i find a qualified candidate to fill the empty assistant position?"

He stood up and was about to leave when he heard a knock at the door and someone entered the office. It was MC.

"Oh! It's you MC, i was about to call you." He said offering her a seat.

"Hello Jumin," she greeted him glancing at the resumes on his desk, "So you're still searching for an assistant?"

"I hope you made a final decision about the matter we discussed before MC. I'll be glad if you accept my offer and become my assistant. I'll meet all your conditions."

MC hesitated a bit then she replied, "I already told you that i'm not fit for this job."

"Why not? You did an excellent job preparing for the party and dealing with guests. You proved that you have good communication skills and you're able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines," Then he added, " Also i can trust you since you're an RFA member."

"Oh but---"

"Don't worry," Jumin interrupted her, "The salary is negotiable and the working environment is excellent, you'll never regret it."

"Um it's not about that, but i already promised Jaehee to help her with the cafe business, i'm sorry Jumin." She said faintly.

She was embarrassed, she didn't want to disappoint him but she had to answer his offer sooner or later.

"Hmm i see," He tried to remain calm, "So how's assistant Kang? Ah no i should call her Jaehee now."

"She's fine, we already started the preparations for the cafe, Jaehee is really excited."

"Such a waste," Jumin sighed, " She chose to start a small ineffective project over a stable career."

"Oh don't say that Jumin, you know that she chose the path to a better life."

"Anyway, i'm not interested in this cafe project or whatever it is but if you need anything don't hesitate to ask, i'd like to help."

"Thank you very much, i must go now. Good bye Jumin, see you later.

MC left and Jumin sat down at his desk checking the resumes all over again.

" Hmm 'a path to a better life'! We'll see."