{1} Escaping Danger

Falling Slowly

Run.

As I heard a voice in my head said that, I felt my instincts starting to kick in and I felt the adrenaline rush in me. I run as fast and as far as I can from whatever had been following me from the woods to the dimly lit alleyway. I stopped running once I am met with the familiar road of my neighborhood. It is a cold evening with the moon not in view, silent surrounding of the area is still keeping me on my toes. The lamp post guided my way back home eventhough it seems to cast a scary shadow wherever i go. After what seemed like forever, I finally am able to see my apartment complex come into view. I rushed to press the code of the lobby door while staying on guard. 

Walking to the elevator with deep breaths and slow steps, I pressed the up button and within seconds a tone rang signalling me that an elevator has arrived. Getting into the elevator and pressing the 8th floor button, finally putting my guards down I whipped my phone out of my pocket. 3 missed calls from mom. As I read the notification, I heard the elevator ding notifying me that i had arrived.

 Opening the door to my apartment unit, I can smell a burnt aroma from the entrance. Calmly taking off my shoes and after that I joined my family in a hefty meal. "Sora where have you been? Do you know what time is it now missy?" There she goes again, Mom started nagging out of worry for the nth time. "I know mom, I had just went out for a walk because i felt too cooped up in my room." I answered as I put a piece of meat in my mouth. I decided to leave the details of the journey out so I won't have to deal with her nagging to me about "how dangerous it was" or something that overly worried moms would say.

She was still going on about the possibilities that might have happened if I wasn't careful enough until Dad turned up the volume of the TV showing a news channel broadcast about a breaking news. "Breaking News, we had just received a warning from the Seoul Police Department to be extremely careful in these Winter months. A victim of murder had just been found across the woods on the Han River bridge. The CSI said that the victim had a puncture wound on the base of the throat and he had lost about 5 pints of blood." After that sentence my mind went into a blur.

We were silent, "Wow, that was a terryfing news wasn't it?" Dad said breaking the silence. Mom and my older brother Jinwoo had this concerned look on their faces while saying "That was brutal Dad" and "I didn't think the situation would be this bad." Kind of questioning what my mom's words meant, my mind went back to the very place where I encountered danger which is the place where the man was killed. "Well, Mom, Dad, Oppa, I'm going to go sleep now since it has been a long day. Good night." Lying on my bed that night felt amazing and I went deep into dreamland.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A word from the author:  The first chapter has been done!!! I am very excited knowing that this would be my first story, I sincerely hope that you guys enjoyed that ^^ I would appreciate comments and critics from you guys to help me make this story better! 

xoxo, honeybourne