one

Bananas

Taemin is everything Minho is not. Taemin is colourful and pretty and wears all the things he wants to without caring if it would make him look like a furry blue bear. But Minho, he wouldn’t dare. Plain coloured button up shirts were his thing. Sometimes he would(if not always) admire Taemin for not caring what the world thinks of him. Sometimes he loved(always he loved) walking next to Taemin. Not because he was fond of the boy, but because he felt a tinge more bold than he usually is. Taemin may be the one wearing blue leather boots, green peacock-feathered earrings and black sequined top but Minho felt brave somehow. It was odd how no matter how ridiculous Minho deemed Taemin’s clothes to be, he always looked perfect. Maybe it’s one of the perks unbelievably good looking people have-wear a trash bag and still look like -on-legs.

 

Minho never questioned why Taemin wore all these eccentric clothes. Nor has he ever questioned the odd things Taemin always says to him or anyone. Or his fascination towards things people usually don’t give a rat’s for. Like the one time Taemin was staring at his bowl of rice and had this incredibly cute look of concentration on his face.

 

“Minho?”

“Yes?”

“I find it incredibly amazing.”

“Find what incredibly amazing?”

“Rice.”

“Huh-what about rice Tae?”

“Just how it goes in the pot all hard and out all soft and big and fluffy? Isn’t it amazing?”

“Then you must find bread pretty amazing too.” Minho said jokingly while smiling.

“I didn’t think about bread. Oh my God! Bread-Minho how did people even come up with things like this.” Taemin put his spoon down and had a deep look on his face. It was incredibly hard for Minho to comprehend how Taemin found rice and bread fascinating.

“Tae-eat your food.”

“No. For now I must go back to my temple and learn the ways of bread.” Taemin bowed with his hands clasped like one would do to an old guru and walked away in his pink furry coat that looked incredibly warm. Minho wasn’t exactly sure what had happen but he sure would love to look into Taemin’s head sometimes.

 

 

It’s not like Taemin wasn’t smart. He was by all means one of the smartest people Minho had ever met. They were even placed in the same advanced classes in college. And well to be honest, Minho had never found any single person more hardworking than the boy is. Minho has heard people talking that Taemin never studies nor does he appear like he does. He seems to be spending all his time helping other people with their assignments (mainly Jonghyun and Minho detests the fact that Taemin always spends his nights at that bastards’s place when Minho is his bestfriend). But Minho knows. Minho knows because he has seen Taemin’s room before. The one rare time Taemin actually let him in because Taemin doesn’t like it when people sees how much of a mess he is (though Minho find’s that fact beautiful). Taemin’s room was full of books on the floor and papers on the wall. It was way more books than Minho read for his classes.

“Why do you have so many books?” Minho asks, smiling a little when he picked up one of Taemin’s books to look at the title. It wasn’t even on the lecturer’s prescribed titles to read on his class.

“I’m not so smart. Not so smart people need books.” Taemin says. Flopping on his bed.

“Tae-do you know how smart you are? The teachers love you.”

“No, they like listening to my ideas. But to pass I need to understand other people’s ideas and that doesn’t come so easy to me.”

“So you read?”

“So I read.” Taemin smiles back at him.

"That seems unfair." Minho says under his breath. Taemin is brilliant regardless or not if he understands the theory of how the Nerst equation works on potassium or like that.

 

Minho always feels like he knows Taemin like the back of his hand. Always expect something unexpected from Taemin is the rule of thumb Minho uses. He could come to class one day with donuts that looked like spiders and coffee and cheesecake for everyone. Or he could randomly burst into a breakdance while walking home when he remembers a song rendering plenty of bystanders to stare at him in awe. He would jump into a pool with his clothes all still on because the water looked tempting(and look incredibly y all wet like that when he jumps out of the pool after a short swim). Or appear the next day in class with a samurai sword on his back with his face full of black glitter (that looked deliciously y) for God knows why.

But Minho never expected for Taemin to like him. Like him in way where adults would wanna rub their naughty places together.

Taemin’s confession was simple and incredibly old-fashioned. Which seemed to fit with expect with the unexpected rule Minho used on him. One would expect Taemin to have fireworks or a flashmob to confess. Or maybe jumped out of plane and scream his love out. 

He showed up at Minho’s dorm room, all dressed in a glittered dark blue suit (Minho doubts Taemin has any clothes that doesn’t shimmer or glimmer or have the inability to stop a traffic light) with flowers in one hand and a box of chocolates on the other.

 

“Choi Minho, would you please give me the honour of going out with you?” Taemin said, his eyes serious and his speech old. Minho wonders from what movie did the boy watch this from. Give him the honour-who even says that these days.

“Taemin-are you practicing for something?” Minho not fully believing what Taemin is saying to him. But can't help to also believe. 

“No, I’m asking you to go out with me.”

“Me?” Minho asked again.

“Yes. You.”

“How did you even know I was-I was into guys?” Minho was flustered and he was wondering how can Taemin be so bold. How can a human being be like Lee Taemin?

“I don’t know about other guys but you stare at my a lot.” Taemin smiles widely, like it was one of his most proudest accomplishments to have Minho stare at his a lot.

“Oh.”

“So can we go?” Taemin pulled on his hands and Minho prayed to God for his hands to stop shaking or at least not let Taemin notice it was shaking.

“Now?” Minho questioned. He was still his sweats and Taemin looked like he was going to go ballroom dancing and Minho sure as hell isn’t look right at all for whatever place Taemin was planning to take him.

“Yes.”

“Not now. Tomorrow. Coffee?”

“Okay.” Taemin pouted and-

“But can we stay in and watch movies?” Taemin suggested instead-well he already barged in Minho’s room at the time leaving the boy no room to say no again.

“Are you comfortable wearing that?” Minho asks the boy.

“I could always go .” Taemin winked at him while smiling.

“I was planning to give you a shirt and sweatpants.” Minho threw the boy a lounge pair set. His heart pounding. -why does Taemin seem so comfortable with this? It’s hardly fair.

“But being is ier.” Taemin pouted.

“Fifth date maybe.” Because Minho’s heart was still pounding and he couldn’t breathe and Taemin wouldn’t let him  be alone to cool himself off and he needed space and time to fully appreciate the fact that Taemin likes him. Like bananas on trees seriously like him. 

 

It was the next morning when Minho woke up, the end scene of Swiss Army Man with Daniel Radcliffe farting his way like a jetski into the vast ocean and living his life(a movie Taemin wanted to watch of course) and no Taemin beside him on the floor. He didn't even know when he slept or when Taemin went home. And to be honest, Minho isn't even sure that last night even happened with Bohemian Rhapsody playing in the back of his mind Is this the real life or is it just fantasy?

Minho couldn't really tell and he was far too embarassed to ask Taemin if they were indeed going to go out for a coffee date. So instead of wallowing into a ball of self-pity, he just went to go take a shower and perhaps go play basketball by himself.

It was about 2.07pm when Minho suddenly had ball thrown at his back in the midst of him shooting a hoop.

"What the hell?" Minho yelled.

"What the hell? You are suppose to be be ready for our coffee date and here you are playing hoops." Taemin yelled. 

"In my defence, I thought last night was dream." Minho said back.

"Why in the world would it be a dream?" Taemin asked back frustratingly.

"Seriously? You wouldn't think that Lee Taemin in a glitter suit with flowers and a box of chocolates showing up at your doorstep asking you out to be a dream?" Minho said like it was the most obvious thing in the whole wide world.

"What the does that even mean? Now go get a shower. I'll be waiting for you at the coffee shop."

And Minho isn't even sure if he can walk back to his room without his legs going like jelly. How the does one even have a date with a person like Lee Taemin? 

 

 

 

 

author's note: its really an impulsive piece. i woke up,picked up my lappie and just wrote this. and im sorry for being gone for so long. i must have disappointed plenty of you (or as i dreamt my boyfriend saying that to me yesterday)