Truthfully

Logophile

"But then you came around like a brick wall."

Truthfully - DNCE


 

Taekwoon had never been the guy who initiated a conversation. He had also never been the guy who would care about what others thought. He simply lived in his own way, doing things he loved, and avoiding things he disliked. And one of the things he was not fond of happened to be talking to girls he was not acquainted to. Or so to say, he used to dislike.

It all started when his group of college friends invited him to drink on a fine Saturday night that one autumn. Being bored of doing nothing the whole day and the willing to release his stress from work, he decided to give it a go. Let alone, it had been a while since he last met his closest friends ever. However, because it was Wonshik who picked the place, their meeting venue turned out to be a club downtown which was a crowded one, full with bodies and aromas that was actually something Taekwoon wasn't really love to encounter.

"The nusic is nice and the drink is contagious," Wonshik reasoned when Hongbin asked why he chose an unearthly crowded one of all places. "Plus, the girls are hot." And indeed, everyone had to agree on that.

The six boys then easily enjoyed the night by talking, laughing, drinking, and dancing. For the dancing part, fortunately Taekwoon was also included, unlike those other previous times when he rejected to do so. But of course, he was unwillingly dragged by a noisy Hakyeon who threatened him to pay everything if he bailed out. And there he was, shaking his off on the dancing floor whike Jaehwan and Sanghyuk couldn't control their laughter looking at the sight of a dancing Taekwoon.

Unfortunately though, it was not only them who paid attention to his dance move. Up there on the second floor, a girl who was sipping on her drink, looking at the quite funny situation while leaning on the railing. Her lips formed a little smirk, thinking how the guy was so awkward yet funny. How contrast it was with his look whom she thought was quite a catch.

It was Hongbin though, who noticed it first. He was also well aware that somehow this good friend of his also need to get laid for what he had remembered, Taekwoon hadn't dated anyone since he broke up with his high school sweetheart on the last year of college, around a couple of years ago.

"Seven o'clock upstairs, she's looking at you," informed Hongbin to the dancing Taekwoon.

"Huh?" the little-bit-tipsy tall man tried so hard to focus his attention upstairs, to the direction Hongbin pointed, and indeed he found a woman looking at him, and even now, waving her hand.

"Yah, I've never known before that an awkward dance is potential to give you a date," teased Sanghyuk which resulted in him getting a slap on the neck.

"I don't know either," agreed Wonshik. "Just buy her a drink," he suggested.

And that was how Jung Taekwoon was now waking up looking at a girl he barely knew, sleeping on his beloved bed. For several first seconds, he was panic as he didn't remember what had happened but just felt the sickening throbs in his head. Somehow, looking at his condition, he started to remember how he then followed his friend's suggestion and how the talk went smoothly until they ended up making out, making his friends getting disgusted and telling him to go get a room, and thet literally got to his own room after quite a struggle to get a cab.

When he first laid his eyes on her, he thought that she was beautiful. Standing with quite a dignity in her red dress and black leather jacket. But now, seeing her up close, he thought that she was a goddess while he himself actually had no idea of how a goddess would look like.

Speaking truthfully, Taekwoon had bever been the one who would stay after a one night stand. His principle was that a one night stand should end up right before morning came. But this time, he thought it was different. He felt like they clicked and they could last longer. He knew it was risky but he decided it was worth a try.

"Good morning."

★★★


 

Hi, there!

So yeah, this is the first drabble, inspired by DNCE's Truthfully. Well, although the song itself is actually about how a relationship cannot work well, I decided to write on how the relationship itself starts. And yeah, I hope you guys like it.

Please do send me some feedback, okay?

 

With love :)