Prologue:

His Miss Cupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue:

It was now nearing the end of summer, the calm early morning breeze brushed ever so soothingly against 20-year-old Park Jimin's pale porcelain-like skin as she hid herself safely under the comforts of her favorite black baseball cap and a white Moomin mouth mask, that perfectly covered the lower half portion of her face. A little over a second ago, she had gotten herself out of a taxi cab as the double silver banded watch adorned around her left wrist suddenly hit three minutes past midnight. She was late, three minutes late to be exact but a part of her didn't seem to mind at all. 

 

A soft subtle sigh escaped the pale young girl's crimson red tinted lips as she quietly led herself down the fairly lit up, yet deserted street near the Gangnam District in Seoul. She had found herself subconsciously taking; slow, small, fragmented baby steps after a few long minutes of walking at a gradual steady pace as she was now close to approaching her final destination. The familiarity of her sudden surroundings strikes her as taunting. She had fought with herself long and hard for a good minute or so before she suddenly couldn't seem to control the whirlwind of buried emotions that had emerged from within her. 

 

Jimin truly hated herself. She hated herself so much for not being able to get rid of these ridiculous feelings, feelings that she swore she never had to begin with in the first place. And at that moment, an unwanted image invaded her abrupt thoughts as she feverishly shook her head clear of it (of him) and in a matter of seconds her wish had been granted due to another daunting realization that suddenly hit her. The said young girl instantly halted in her stance, frozen in time as she instantly recognized where her own two feet had finally led her. 

 

Unmoved, her own two feet went against her will and undoubtedly rooted themselves right then and there. It was exactly one year ago that day when Jimin had found herself there. She had stood on that same exact paved, cemented ground of a spot one year ago, directly facing the 6 story apartment building just a few feet ahead of her. She wished so badly to go back in time to a year ago and become her old naive carefree self again, to be able to feel nothing more than what she was supposed to feel during that day. 

 

Yes, Park Jimin had ended up where she was supposed to but her throbbing heart at that moment desperately told her otherwise. It subconsciously told her that this was a bad idea, a huge mistake that she shouldn't be making. This whole devised "plan" that she had was affecting her in an oddly painful way as everything inside of her was telling her not to do what she was about to do. But wasn't it already a little too late? She had already made it this far and couldn't look back now. Her head was telling her to continue no matter what, to finish what she had started. She had made a promise that she shouldn't be breaking. Yes, because this was the right thing for her to do. Letting out a tiny heated breath of air from her slightly parted lips, Jimin couldn't validate any logical reason to stop herself now. At times like these, she cursed at herself for being such a moral and selfless person.

 

A year, a whole entire year consisted of exactly 365 days and yet only a handful of them served as meaningful to her, to which notably included; many celebrated holidays and birthdays' of the people she held dear to her heart. Today was just like any other ordinary day; it was just a day that Park Jimin never found much significance in, at least not until a certain "Golden Maknae" officially became a part of her life. 

 

The young blond haired girl quickly snapped herself out of her own unwanted thoughts as she once again mindlessly peered down at her watch, now reading seven minutes past midnight. It was now 12:07 AM, yet she still couldn't move past that point even if her life depended on it. She couldn't take that heavy step forward, even though she knew she needed to. Once again, her head overflowed itself with memories as she suddenly recalled a time before, when none of "this" existed in her world. She would have never stepped foot anywhere near this area that she was at right now if it weren't for a chance encounter that she had deemed fated from the start. It had only been a couple of years since the young girl became well acquainted with seven of the most fun-loving and kind-hearted guys that you'll ever meet, all thanks to her job on an interactive, global, K-Pop TV show and a very "lovely" oppa/co-host, by the name of Eric Nam (who saw the fondness she had towards the seven males and went out of his way to always invite her out to their random late night dinners/hang out escapades). 

 

One year ago, back in 2015,  for the very first time, the seven males took a bold initiative and invited Jimin to come over and celebrate that particular day with them. That was definitely one heck of a memorable time as it was filled with never-ending laughter as different games were being played all at once in the wee hours of the morning and not to mention, an epic food fight happened sometime in the midst of things as well. She was struck with the realization of just how incredibly lucky she was to have such outlandishly amazing people in her life but that blissful feeling only lasted a mere two seconds as her bittersweet reality slowly crept its' way towards her once again. Just like last year, today was supposed to be a very important day, full of excitement and celebration but for some reason (a reason, she knew all too well but was undoubtedly denying), she couldn't bring herself to feel the same enthusiasm that she had upon her arrival there to last years' gathering.

 

The pale young girl suddenly tilted her head up, spotting a familiar looking 4th-floor balcony. Flashbacks of the previous year flooded through her overcrowded mind at that moment as a distinct memory gave way. That 4th-floor balcony was where she had deliberately hid herself after the infamous food war had broken out last year. She clearly remembered herself getting hit smack dab in the face with a piece of flying chocolate cake as the thick, dark, sweet icing stuck and stained her milky white skin like a  facial mud mask, mixed in with a hint of super glue. At least it tasted good. A faint yet audible little chuckle left her plump red tinted lips as that prominent memory replayed itself in her head. Her love for food was seriously no joke. 

 

Subconsciously out of habit, Jimin playfully twirled a small band perfectly wrapped around her pale elongated right ring finger, with her right thumb as she recalled last year's fun-filled festivities at the Bangtan dorm. Yes, the said blond girl; 15&'s Park Jimin knew all too well the seven members of BTS outside of their so-called,"work". She quickly became more than just an acquaintance/colleague to them due to the fact that they both obviously knew a lot of the same people; thus resulting in them seeing each other quite frequently over the past two years. The boys definitely grew fond of her as Jimin pretty much secretly became their adoptive 8th member, proclaimed by the leader himself a few months after their first hangout session. Not to say that the young girl didn't get along well with all seven members because she most certainly did, but in all honestly, 15&'s Park Jimin shared a special kind of relationship with their Gol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter