Chapter One

Scent Allure

 

"Wake up~!" A loud, obnoxious voice shouted and Jimin barely had a moment to brace himself before a heavy weight landed on him. Jimin grunted and croaked out a protest to the crushing of his lungs.

"Taehyung! Get off me!!" A giggle and more bouncing followed as an answer, Jimin still crushed under the weight of his cheeky dongsaeng.

"Jiminnie, wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up!" More shuffling was heard and if possible, Taehyung grew heavier.

With a feeble movement, Jimin managed to squirm and free his head from his suffocating covers, only to be met with the most annoying grin on the face of his least favorite person at the moment. "Yah, where's your respect!? I'm your hyung Taehyung!" Jimin yelled and the mischievous male only laughed in his face and tightened his hold on Jimin's waist.

"And get off-" Jimin's grumble was cut off when more weight landed on his petite form, even making Taehyung grunt and his boney frame dig into Jimin's diaphragm.

"Ugh, I'm dyinnnggg!" Jimin managed to gasp out, not surprised at all when a head full of chocolate brown hair popped up over Taehyung's shoulder.

"Jeongguk! You're up early," Taehyung said conversationally, having recovered from the initial surprise of having a sack of sinewy muscle dropped on top of him.

The doe eyed male nodded and his fluffy brown hair swished with the movement. "Jin-hyung is finally letting us hunt tonight Taehyung, we don't even have to hold back!" Jeongguk said excitedly and the gleam in his eyes would be slightly menacing if he didn't still look half asleep and soft with his rumpled hair and unwashed face. As it was, he appeared homey and cute, human even.

Taehyung's smile became wider and Jimin's abused eyes picked up a glint from the sharp canines protruding from his smile. "Ah that's great! I've been dying to do that new command with the wings and the flying, you know the one from that banned book-"

Frustrated, Jimin gathered all his strength and shoved both males on top of him to the side, gasping for air and heaving once the weight crushing him was finally gone. "Oh my god, you two are so fat! You need to stop drinking so much you pigs!" Jimin whined and complained, curling onto his side and holding his poor stomach while simultaneously trying to burrow back under his warm covers and sleep for a long, long time.

Taehyung frowned and made an affronted noise. "Hey! I'm not fat, I weigh the perfect amount for my size, thank you very much." He sniffed and humphed and he turned his nose up at Jimin in an exaggerated snooty gesture. His mutterings of "We all can't be tiny and cute shrimps," ignored to preserve Jimin's pride as a man. ("Pfft- what pride?" Taehyung whispered to himself somewhat sulkily before Jimin kicked him in the kidney with a small foot.)

Jeongguk just snickered and gave Jimin a condescending look as he stood up and began stretching his arms above his head, his shirt lifting with the small movement and flashing Jimin with an unnecessary view of his prominent v line. "Oh Jiminnie, if you fed on more than some nasty little pills," Jeongguk paused long enough for a dramatic shudder and a grimace of distaste once he was done stretching. "Well then maybe you would actually grow taller and start looking your age."

Jimin's eyebrow twitched and he sat up in his bed, shooting Jeongguk a dark glare at the blatant disrespect. "Why you little-!"

Taehyung smacked him in the head with a pillow, and because the blonde forgot that Jimin wasn't as strong as him, his hyung was pushed back onto the bed with the force of the pillow smack. "Run!" Taehyung shouted with an amused giggle and Jimin heard only minimal shuffling before two pairs of footsteps bounded down the hall, followed by obnoxious laughter.

'I officially hate them, they're demon spawn sent from hell to torment me,' Jimin thought with a low growl, his pointed canines extending with the overwhelming emotion and pushing into his full bottom lip.

It was the start of another day and Jimin was feeling more than a little as if the day ahead was going to stress him out. It was a worrying thought, but first,

"YAH! Kim Taehyung! Jeon Jeongguk!!!"

 


♕♛♕

 


Stumbling his way into the classroom, Jimin groaned and flopped down at his desk, mourning the day his hyung brought home Taehyung and his hellish familiar, Jeongguk.

"Morning Jimin," Hoseok smiled, sliding into the seat next the silver headed male trying to merge with his desk. "Rough morning?" He asked an obvious question that Jimin didn't bother further acknowledging beyond a grunt and a vague shifting of his head that was supposed to be a nod.

Hoseok made a sympathetic noise and Jimin could hear him setting his bag into place and pulling out his phone, as if hiding his hands inside his backpack would prevent the professor from catching him texting in the middle of a lecture. "Well I'm glad that I don't have younger siblings, they seem like too much of a pain in the for my laid back life style." He added and Jimin made a noise of agreement, he still didn't lift his head though, he was sensitive to light in the morning. Usually he got used to it by the time the afternoon rolled around and he was more awake and preoccupied enough to ignore the slight sting in his retinas whenever direct sunlight made contact with his eyes. Taehyung still hissed and Jeongguk didn't bother leaving the house unless it was under the comforting blanket of night. Life as a familiar must be so nice...

As Jimin was musing, Hoseok prattled on about something, maybe his girlfriend. Jimin desperately wished that he would keep some details to himself, he really didn't want to know what Hoseok's favorite on Hana were. Jimin had enough trouble meeting the girl in the eyes after all the dirty details Hoseok divulged about .

"Oh," Hoseok finally stopped, though Jimin felt his face flush in embarrassment when his voice took on a sly and greasily suggestive tone. "The TA is here bright and early today," He said and Jimin could feel the implied nudge nudge wink wink as if it were tangible.

Still, Jimin straightened up in his desk and attempted to smooth down his silvery hair. Hoseok was watching him with a stupid knowing grin, but Jimin ignored him in favor of eagerly tuning in on what the teacher's assistant was up to this morning.

Kim Namjoon was handsome and tall, and though his long limbs didn't help his coordination at all, his smile and his personality, and his brain, and his eyes, and oh god his dimples- more than made up for all of it. But Jimin didn't notice all of that, really, he was just a good student who paid attention to his hyung and went to tutoring after classes ended. It didn't have anything to do with the fact that Namjoon was a tutor, Jimin just had...trouble with his attention span in the morning. ("More like hyper attention for a certain- OW!" Hoseok had muttered and Jimin didn't kick his shin under the table at lunch that day.)

"Hey Jimin-ah, you do know that he's only a year younger than me, right?" Hoseok asked and Jimin shot the red headed male a wary look. Hoseok smiled, unfazed, and shrugged nonchalantly. "It's true, so you can definitely pant after him like a happy little puppy 'cause he's not like, an old professor or anything."

Jimin tried not to seem interested but by the look on his annoying hyung's face, he wasn't succeeding. So the petite male ran a hand through his hair and sighed. "So uh, how exactly do you know this?" Jimin asked in a fake blasé tone, his wide dark eyes darting from Hoseok to Namjoon, who was currently rifling through some papers while sipping a hot coffee. Jimin could almost smell the type of beans used in the roast and he could probably pinpoint the coffee creamer in a police line up. Like that would ever happen, he was spending too much time watching cop dramas with Taehyung while listening to said blonde ramble about intimate objects being arrested. He tended to do that when he was full, high off adrenaline from the hunt and flushed with fresh and vibrant energy. It honestly made Jimin unsettled and queasy, especially when Taehyung didn't bother to clean up after drinking and the thick, cloying scent of copper rose up from his clothes and hands, even his hair, and especially his mouth.

"Jimin?" Hoseok asked, waving his hand in front of Jimin's face and looking at him with an almost concerned expression on his face. The petite male tended to zone out a lot and Hoseok had gotten used to handling him carefully whenever the end of the month arrived. That still didn't make him any less concerned when it happened though.

"Ah, I'm fine hyung." Jimin smiled, shaking his head and waving his hand as if he could fan away Hoseok's worries. "I'm just a little tired," Jimin added, feeling relieved when Hoseok finally nodded and began talking again.

"So as I was saying," A pointed look in his direction made Jimin feel only a little guilty for lying to his friend. "I went to this place that Hana dragged me to, and I met this cool rapper hyung who was talking on the phone to some guy. And get this, it was Namjoon, our prim and proper TA." Jimin's entire focus was on Hoseok and he didn't even feel the need to be bothered at his hyung's smug expression.

"And so...?" Jimin prompted, urging Hoseok to continue with a wave of his hand.

The red head ran his slim fingers through his hair and he took his sweet time answering. "So I walked up to him after he hung up and introduced myself. We chatted for a bit and I asked how he knew Namjoon, then we got into this like deep conversation about how he just destroys stuff without meaning to and I guess he just let all kinds of facts slip?" Hoseok chuckled. "Honestly I think he was a little drunk because he went on a mini rant about how his dongsaeng Namjoon once almost set their apartment on fire just by turning on the stove."

Jimin smiled and absorbed the information. He could almost imagine a sheepish Namjoon trying to explain to a fuming roommate how he accidentally set off the sprinklers in their apartment. Namjoon would probably have bitten his lip and looked up at the scary rapper with wide eyes and an embarrassed tint to his cheeks. He would most likely stutter and try to explain that everything was a genuine accident and that he wasn't a secret arsonist.

The thought had Jimin giggling aloud. Hoseok sent him a questioning glance, but his eyes widened and Jimin froze when he felt a shadow loom over him, a familiar tantalizing scent invading his senses.

"Good morning Jimin-ah," A velvety deep voice said and Jimin felt little shivers run down his spine. Turning around, Jimin was met with a kind smile and dark eyes.

Namjoon stood behind him with a stack of papers held in his hands. He nodded at Hoseok and they exchanged greetings,but he turned a little serious when he leaned over Jimin's shoulder and placed a paper on his desk, face down.

Jimin nearly had a heart attack and he was sure that he was blushing hard, though what bothered him about the interaction was the fact that Namjoon actually smelled so good, it made his mouth water and his canines ache when he heard the sound of blood pulsating in the older male's veins. Frankly his own reaction to his nice hyung scared him.

"Jimin-ah, I graded your test yesterday and I think the tutoring is going well." Namjoon's words were exhaled softly onto Jimin's neck and the silver haired male became even more flustered. "Pretty soon you aren't going to need extra help," Namjoon said as he pulled away and Jimin tried to ignore the sudden emptiness.

Oblivious, Namjoon merely gave Jimin a proud smile that showcased his soft dimples and he patted Jimin on the shoulder before he moved ahead to pass out the rest of the graded tests.

"Jimin, I think that means you don't have an excuse to see him anymore." Hoseok said and his Cheshire cat smirk and twinkling eyes made Jimin groan and flop back onto his desk. Hoseok laughed and the high tone sound made Jimin want to tell him that he sounded like a dying dolphin, but he managed to restrain himself. "It's okay Jimin, just fail the next test and he'll let you back into tutoring with him, maybe you can even ask for private-"

Jimin shot up in his seat and slapped a hand over Hoseok's mouth. "Shut up!" Jimin hissed and Hoseok his hand. Jimin made a noise of disgust and recoiled immediately, wiping his hands on Hoseok's jacket with a grimace marring his cute features.

"Ugh! You're so disgusting hyung!" Jimin whined once he was done sanitising his hand.

"You should know me better by now Jimin," Hoseok shrugged and turned back to his desk, his nimble fingers already drawing out his phone and sending a text from the cavern of his open back pack.

'I need a new best friend,' Jimin pouted to himself as the professor rushed in late and began taking attendance.

 


♕♛♕

 


The winter weather in a small, rural town like the one Jimin lives in is always brutal. Most hate having to shovel snow out of their driveway, bundle up in thick jackets and hats and scarves, and when spring comes all the snow melts and makes a ton of sticky mud. To say the least, winter was not always a pleasant wonderland, yet Jimin loved the season.

For one, he liked to shop for jackets and boots, and he loved dressing up in soft sweaters and scarves. It was also the perfect weather for hot chocolate and a warm inviting fire. Unfortunately, he was not at home and though classes for the day had ended at his college, Jimin still had one hour of tutoring to attend with his professor's assistant, Namjoon.

Normally, he would try to act nonchalant, but every time he entered the nearly barren classroom only occupied with himself and his low key crush, he found himself getting tongue tied and clumsy. It didn't help that Namjoon was more relaxed at the end of the day, and with the nice heating system in the school, Namjoon usually discarded his jacket and rolled up the sleeves of his button down, showcasing his lean and toned arms. It drove Jimin crazy and he spent an hour struggling with his work while Namjoon chewed on the end of a pen, his eyes narrowed in concentration as he went through the papers he was supposed to read and grade before the professor gave the paper a final grade.

So it was with mixed feelings, anticipation, apprehension, and excitement, that Jimin rushed to the arts building and entered his homeroom class for the second time in one day.

In the classroom, Namjoon was seated at the professor's desk already, his golden brown hair disheveled as if he were running his fingers through the thick locks. "Hello," Namjoon smiled, waving at Jimin once he made it into the room and shut the door behind him.

"H-hi," Jimin stuttered, a delicate pink flush already high on his cheeks and the tip of his nose from the cold weather, though Jimin knew he would soon be red for another reason later on.

"We have the room all to ourselves today Jimin-ah," Namjoon said, turning his attention back to the stack of papers in front of him. A pair of reading glasses were set on the edge of his nose and Namjoon absent mindedly pushed it back into place, the movement drawing his black turtle neck tight across his chest and hinting at the slightest bit of muscle underneath.

"R-really, why is that?" Jimin gulped and managed to squeak out a decent reply as he rushed to his desk and sat down, already taking out the things for the class he was supposedly struggling in.

"Oh, the other students all went to the winter festival the school is throwing over the weekend, they're helping set up and Professor Choi and I thought it would be alright to excuse them for a day or two," Namjoon hummed as he picked up a red marker and rapidly began marking up the essay he finished reading. His eyebrows were furrowed in concentration and Jimin was glad that the TA wasn't looking because Jimin was sure that he was making a strange expression.

'Oh, I guess I should have gone home then,' Jimin frowned, slumping back into his seat. 'It would be weird if it's just the two of us all hour...' The thought that he was bothering Namjoon made his heart ache.

"Jimin-ah," Namjoon called softly from his seat, his dark eyes trained on Jimin, who snapped to attention. "Is there anything you need help with?" He asked, taking off his glasses and placing them on the edge of the desk. He looked a little concerned, but it must have been a trick of the light. Namjoon was probably asking because he was required to.

"Ah, n-no I'm fine," Jimin stuttered out, shaming his head vehemently enough to make his silvery hair swish with the movement.

Namjoon looked unconvinced and Jimin watched with curious and surprised eyes as the older male stood up and made his way to Jimin's desk. "It's alright to ask me for help Jimin-ah," Namjoon sighed in exasperation, making Jimin want to apologize before he caught sight of his fond grin. "You've been doing fine on your own lately, but I at least want to feel like I'm actually doing my job and contributing to your education while I can." He sounded almost pouty and that alone had Jimin's words of protest dying in his throat.

"Now, tell me what you need my help with," Namjoon said as he pulled up an extra chair and placed it close to Jimin's. The petite silver haired male only had time to tense before Namjoon was leaning into his personal space and reading off where he had barely started on his assignment in class.

The teacher's assistant had unknowingly bared his neck to Jimin and he could see the faint pulsing of his blood running through his jugular from this distance. Normally, Jimin never felt the instinctual hunger that Taehyung and even Jin felt when they were close to someone's neck, but there was something about Namjoon that drew him in and awoke his more...bestial instincts from deep within his psyche. Namjoon also happened to smell good, like cinnamon and brown sugar, as if he were a treat made just for Jimin.

"Ah ha, here's the problem Jimin-ah," Namjoon spoke and his voice drew Jimin out of his daze long enough for him to realize that he had leaned into Namjoon's side and was practically nuzzling into his neck. Quickly, Jimin descreetly pulled away and tried to get his muddled brain and strangely slow tongue to form coherent words.

"...Uhm, what?" Brilliant, Jimin could have been a public speaker in a past life, like one of those charismatic movement members who used rhetoric as naturally as one breathd air and lived.

"This question is not asking for a simple answer, it's a bit more complex than naming one artist." Namjoon elaborated, thankfully not noticing Jimin's strange behavior. Jimin didn't know whether to feel relieved or a little insulted that he was so easily overlooked. "When expressionist art is discussed, many just rely on simply memorizing a set style or an artist's name to get by. But professor Choice is a more abstract man, he likes when students point out something discreet in his lecture or when they take a direct question and interpret it differently."

Jimin hummed along and he set aside his distracting thought long enough to look over Namjoon's broad shoulder and reread the question he began answering in class. "So while this question asks about Jackson Pollock's style of painting, Mr. Choi is really looking for what the students interpretation of his work is?" Jimin tentatively ventured, taking Namjoon's words to heart and trying to look at the question differently.

"Exactly," Namjoon hummed happily, turning his head to face Jimin with a proud tilt to his lips, the little dimple on his cheek peeking out. "You're good at this, why are you even in tutoring?"

And Jimin's sense of accomplishment was swept away with a single collection of words. A brilliant red blush rose on Jimin's cheeks and the petite male squirmed in his seat, his eyes darting away from Namjoon and getting preoccupied with a dust note floating in front of the windows, the thick blanket of sparkling snow outside attempting to blind him as well.

"I-I, well..." Jimin grasped desperately at straws, but he felt his mind blank out when the weight of Namjoon's curious and open gaze fell on him."I j-just get distracted a-and I'm never fully awake in the morning...?" Jimin trailed off and his voice raised in pitch with the lie, making his sentence seem more like a question than a statement.

"Hmmm, you should try coffee Jimin," Namjoon said and Jimin whipped his head around to look at Namjoon in surprise.

"Jimin?" He asked, ignoring the ridiculous irony of calling his own name, even though he should be used to it. After all there were at least three other Jimins in his college alone.

Namjoon looked as if he were back tracking his words and when his expression flickered from one of confusion to embarrassment, Jimin found himself hopelessly endeared. "Oh sorry, it just slipped out, I didn't mean to sound presumptuous or anything! I-I'll just go back to-"

"No!" Jimin interjected, surprising Namjoon and making his mouth fall shut."I d-don't mind you calling me by my first name..." Jimin trailed off, his eyes falling to the paper on his desk and his face growing hot. "I mean, only if you want to!" By now, Jimin was in danger of overheating and dying of embarrassment, it wasn't helping with his tired mind and he was starting to feel overwhelmed by the emotions fighting for dominance within himself. Just a moment ago he was fine and yet just a few words from Namjoon had rendered him into a completely clumsy heap.

A laugh broke Jimin from his thoughts and he cautiously peeked from under his lashes to see Namjoon covering his mouth and chuckling deeply. The teacher's assistant must have read his expression, because he shook his head and tried to calm himself, though the wide smile on his face and the spark in his eyes did nothing to hide his mirth. "No, I wasn't laughing at you, I just," he paused and he covered his mouth again when he laughed once more. "It's just that you're so cute, Jimin."

All higher brain functioning ceased and Jimin's overheated face rose to an unprecedented level. He only had time to stutter and squirm in his seat before his eyes met Namjoon's dark mocha ones and he felt the world tilt forward. Namjoon made a soft noise of surprise and Jimin's traitorous mind registered the fact that it felt good to be held by Namjoon before his entire world fell blank and the familiar stranger of darkness welcomed his flustered consciousness. His last thoughts were along the lines of 'He thinks I'm cute! Oh my god, oh my god, oh-' And 'Jin hyung is going to kill me.'

To state the obvious, Jimin had fainted. Again.

 

 

 

 

A/N:

This is the inspiration for familiar Jeongguk:

Meme Kook

Lol, he's a bratty bat ♡

 

♡♡♡ Please show your luv for MinJoon and comment! ♡♡♡