—fin.

11:11
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What time is it? It was the question that instantly popped out of Sicheng’s mind as soon as he opened his eyes again.

 

Sicheng rises up from his bed and groaned in frustration. He has been doing this for the nth time and he swears that he is about to go crazy sooner or later! Goodness gracious. Who is not going to go crazy when you can’t get even a single wink of sleep huh? Darn it!

 

Turning to his bed side table, he looked for his phone to check the time. It’s currently 11:08 in the evening.

 

“I want to sleep!” Sicheng whined and pulled his hairs out of frustration. “Why can’t I even get a wink of sleep?!”

 

After grunting and releasing his frustrations for a couple of seconds, he decided to get up from his bed. Maybe a glass of milk or something in the kitchen can help him because he is really desperate to get a wink of sleep even if it’s just for a few hours.

 

Just when he was about to walk out of his room, he stopped on his tracks when he saw a box in his study table which caught his full attention.

 

Millions of thorns and arrows started piercing his heart when he saw that box. Tears are threatening to fall down from his eyes. And even though he is hurting so bad just by seeing it, he still made his way to his study table and picked it up. Stupid of him just like the old times!

 

But before opening it, he turned to his desk clock in the study table. It’s 11:11 in the evening.

 

Sicheng heaved a sigh and opened the box. The box which has the sweet and painful memories of the boy he only loved.

 

The first thing that he saw is the handkerchief which has the embroidery of his name as their shared memories came crashing in to his mind like the waves on the shore.

 

It was a bright sunny day as Sicheng walked along their neighborhood street on his way to school. Everything is just going smooth for him or at least that’s what he thought.

 

“What the ing ?!” Sicheng cursed and closed his eyes when he felt a liquid substance splashed on his face.

 

Frustrated over what just happened, he wiped his face using the back of his hand. If this is some slime or paint, then they’ll surely get a piece of him! For pete’s sake, they just ruined his morning! Darn it!

 

“Oops! Sorry!” One of the teenage kids holding a water gun apologized.

 

Sicheng was about to direct his irritation towards the boy but before could, a helping is already in front of him, offering his handkerchief.

 

“Here. Use my handkerchief to wipe your face.” He offered in a gentle voice.

 

Arching a brow, he tilted his head to see who is offering him a handkerchief. Very sure the person who helped him is a total stranger. When he saw the face, he can’t help but open his mouth in amusement. He is indeed a stranger but a good looking one.

 

Even though he has no plans to stare or gawk at him for long, he still did so because he just can’t take his eyes off him. Who is he?

 

Biting his lips in embarrassment, Sicheng tore off his eyes from him and debated if he should accept the help or not. “Uhm… Thank you for this.” In the end, he accepted the stranger’s help even though he doesn’t know him.

 

Sicheng wiped his face using the handkerchief and he swears that it smells so terribly good! He can even live just by sniffing and smelling it all day!

 

When he is done drying his face, he flashed a toothy grin. “I’m done. Thank y-“ He didn’t get to finish his sentence when he saw that the good looking stranger’s nowhere to be found.

 

“He already left, hyung!” The teenage kids stated and pointed to the direction where he walked away.

 

“Is that so?” Disappointment is evident in his tone and he doesn’t even know why. “Too bad because I wasn’t able to return this.” 

 

He examined the handkerchief and caressed it. Then he saw the embroidery of Chinese characters in the thing. Could it be that the stranger who helped him earlier is Chinese just like him?

 

A small smile crept on his lips and he clutched on his chest as he read what the Chinese character says.

 

“Qian Kun huh?”

 

That was their first ever encounter and he just couldn’t forget it. Everything is still fresh inside his mind like it only happened yesterday.

 

Sicheng bitterly smiled to himself and smelled the handkerchief which still has Kun’s addicting scent. Tears started falling down his cheeks as well as he remembered another painful memory for him.

 

“Good morning, class!” Their teacher greeted as soon as she entered the classroom.

 

Everyone stands up and greeted her before plopping their butts back to their sits.

 

“Okay class… I have an announcement.” She turned to the door and gestured something. “Starting today, you’re going to have a new classmate.”

 

When the new student entered the classroom, Sicheng’s jaw literally dropped in shock. Entering the classroom is, Qian Kun, who is all smiles as he stood next to their teacher.

 

“New student, please introduce yourself.” She gestured Kun to step in front.

 

Kun nodded with a smile before speaking. “Hello everyone! My name is Qian Kun and I’m Chinese. Hope we all get along.”

 

“Thank you, Mr. Qian or should I call you Kun-ah? You may now go to that vacant seat.”

 

Sicheng’s heart beat quickened as soon as Kun walked on his way to his seat. Never in his whole life that he thought that he is going to see his handkerchief savior again. But now, it just happened! Is this perhaps destiny? Oh dear God. Why is he even thinking about that term? Darn it!

 

His heart beat quickened more when they accidentally had an eye contact. Kun’s eyes widened and amusement is evident in his expression. “Oh! You’re the boy that I helped? Am I right?” He chuckled. “It’s nice to see you again.”

 

It took a while for Sicheng to process that Kun just actually talked to him. “N-Nice to see you too…” He responded as he swallowed the lump on his throat.

 

Their teacher noticed their interaction. “I see that you and Sicheng-ah already knew each other, Kun-ah. It’s understandable since you’re both Chinese. By the way, let’s start the day. Get your books everyone!”

 

Shock is evident in Kun’s face when he heard that the boy he helped is also Chinese like him. There are so many things he wanted to say but class is already starting.

 

Let’s call it a day. It was already their dismissal time when Sicheng suddenly remembered the handkerchief Kun offered to him during their unexpected meeting. He already washed it and he always kept it inside his bag in hopes that he would be able to return it someday. And now, today is the day.

 

He decided to look for Kun so that he could return the handkerchief to the owner. And it looks like, the heavens actually heard his prayers when he saw Kun walking along the school hallway.

 

“Yah! Qian Kun!” He yelled to call his attention and waved his hands. “Over here!”

Kun looked around when he heard his name and saw the waving Sicheng who is gesturing him to come closer. He flashed a faint smile and made his way towards the waving boy.

 

When he got closer to the younger, his smile got wider. “Yes? How can I help you?”

 

Sicheng rolled his eyes because of the statement. “Just because I called your attention, doesn’t mean that I need help. Anyway, I called you because I want to give this back to you.” He rummaged inside his bag and found the said handkerchief.

 

“No need to return it back to me, Sicheng-ah. You can have and keep it.” Kun shakes his head and chuckled. “You’re Chinese just like me right? My mother said that I should give it to someone who is also a Chinese living here in Korea just like me and that’s you.”

 

“But…” The younger was about to protest but he stopped him.

 

The older ruffled his hair and shakes his head again. “I said no need okay? Keep it with you. And starting from today, we’re already friends. By the way, I have to go now. Bye, Sicheng-ah!” He chuckled before walking away from his sight.

 

As soon as he is already out of his sight, he clutched onto his chest and felt his heart beating like it’s gonna come out of his chest anytime from now. Okay. So what was that?!

 

It all started because of that handkerchief. Their paths crossed because of that handkerchief. And his heart is hurting because of that single handkerchief.

 

What if he didn’t accept his help back then? What if he just ignored Kun’s helping hand? Would everything turn out differently? Will he be not hurting so bad like this? If only it is possible to turn back the time, then he would’ve done it already. But it’s just so impossible to do so.

 

Sicheng wiped his tears but his efforts are useless because new hot tears started falling down from his eyes again. He returned the handkerchief inside the box and then his eyes landed onto the Polaroid camera along with the developed pictures in it.


“Happy birthday, Dong Sicheng!” Kun sang happily and showed him a box. “Tada! It’s my present for you. Open it!” He said, all smiles.

 

Sicheng flashes a toothy grin and slowly opened the box. When he saw what’s inside, his eyes widened in shock. “What the hell, Qian Kun?! Is this really your present? But… this is too much!” Inside the box is a Polaroid camera which he always wanted. This gift is just totally so unexpected!

 

Kun flashed a wide smile before nodding. “Yeah. It’s my present for you. I know how much you love keeping happy and simple memories in any possible way. With that Polaroid camera, capture many pictures and treasure them for a lifetime.”

 

“This is too much but still… thank you so much for this present, Kunnie!” Sicheng suddenly jumps out of happiness and clings to Kun’s nape. “You’re the best, Qian Kun! I swear you really are the best!”

 

The older chuckled and ruffled Sicheng’s hair. “Really, Sicheng? You said that I am the best? Then le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter