they fulfill his fantasy; getting picked up at bar

Pick Me Up

they fulfill his fantasy: getting picked up at bar

“Why are you making me do this?” Taekwoon asked his friends, Hakyeon and Jaehwan, with a groan, as they pushed him into a taxi and sat next to him.

“Because…” Hakyeon said with an annoyingly pleasant and mischievous grin. “I happened to see you had a quite...interesting fantasy. Why didn't you tell us before?” he smirked at Taekwoon before turning to the driver. “To the nearest bar, please.”

“You were going through my stuff?!” Taekwoon glared daggers at his best friend. He glanced over Hakeyon to glare at Jaehwan this time. “And you; why did you come?”

Jaehwan shrugged. “How could I miss something like this? It's gonna be great! I should've brought popcorn. Do you think they'll sell some there?"

“I hate both of you so much.” Taekwoon crossed his arms and glowered out the window. 

“You might say that now~” Hakyeon teased. “But you’ll be thanking us later.”

Taekwoon huffed and stayed silent the rest of the ride, trying to drown out his friends’ giggling and joking. He often wondered why he was even friends with them. They were brash, obnoxious, and annoying. Still, they were some of the only people who weren't intimidated by his quiet, brooding demeanor, or his violent tendencies. Sure they were hard to put up with sometimes (read: most of the time), but at least they helped him step out of his comfort zone occasionally.

Once the taxi stopped, however, Taekwoon once again realized how much he hated his two only friends. He gazed up at the brightly coloured neon lights surrounding the bar apprehensively. They hurt his eyes, but he knew he couldn’t back out of this, especially with Hakyeon and Jaehwan all but throwing him onto some random stranger. So, he reluctantly got out of the taxi and looked around. Aside from the blaring neon lights and multitudes of what looked to be hookers, the bar looked…nice. Not some crappy bar that people get high at or have in, publically, but a casual bar that actually might have civilized people inside just looking to either have a good time or forget a bad one.

Hakeyon nudged Taekwoon forwards, causing him to trip over the curb and almost fall flat on his face. Taekwoon looked back and glared at his friend for the umpteenth time that evening. Hakyeon raised his hands in surrender and just gestured for him to go inside the bar, which they were now all standing a little bit in front of awkwardly. Taekwoon gulped and made his way up to the door and hesitantly pulled it open. Loud EDM sounding music hit him as soon as he opened the door. Not the best welcome, but a welcome to be expected when entering a bar.

“Come on, hyung.” Jaehwan said, pushing Taekwoon through the door. “We don’t have all night. This will be good for you.”

Taekwoon shot a glare to Jaehwan this time but sighed and reluctantly walked in, looking around at all the people dancing, drinking, and flirting, before sitting at the bar and ordering himself a drink. Hakyeon and Jaehwan sat down a couple stools away to give Taekwoon his space. They kept making suggestive gestures like winks and air-nudges. The drink he ordered was placed in front of him delicately. He glanced up to nod his head in thanks, but his eyes ended up lingering on the fairly handsome looking bartender standing over him dressed in what seemed to be a navy blue pin-striped best, and a black button-down, as well as some fairly tight fitting slacks.

His dark hair was shaven close to his head in a buzzcut, a look only someone with his appearances could pull off. His eyes, which he tried not to look to much into because him and eye-contact were still not quite getting along yet, were so dark Taekwoon almost got lost. And he had a seemingly ever-constant smile plastered on his face that, usually, Taekwoon hated, as it reminded him, annoyingly, of Hakyeon. However, it suited this man well.

“First drink is on me.” the bartender said with a wink. “And maybe the second because you’re pretty.”

Taekwoon looked down, coming back to reality as he felt his face heat up. His voice turned into more of a mouse squeak as he tried to speak. “T-thanks…” 

“What was that?” the bartender questioned, leaning closer to Taekwoon to hear better.

“I-I said…” Taekwoon glanced up, trying his best to raise his voice, but quickly realizing how close his face was to the bartender's and looked back down. “Thanks.”

The bartender nodded. “It’s my job to deliver drinks. It’s only a hobby to give free drinks to cute people.” He wrung the towel in his hands awkwardly, realizing how his words could be taken the wrong way and quickly adding. “Oh, not to say that I give out drinks a lot. You're actually the first person.”

Taekwoon just nodded and picked up the drink, taking a sip as if it was tea. The bartender laughed. Taekwoon found himself thinking it was a nice sounding laugh. Or at least better than the loud laughter of Hakeyon and Jaehwan, which he was surprised he couldn't hear yet. Regardless, to keep up his front, he looked at the bartender with a mixture of a questioning look and a glare that somehow managed to say 'what are you laughing at?' in both a confused manner and an annoyed manner.

“I’ve never seen anyone drink alcohol so delicately.” the bartender explained shortly. “Sorry if I offended you. I just think it’s cute. I’m Wonshik, by the way. Kim Wonshik. Care to tell me yours?”

Taekwoon bit his lip, swirling the tiny umbrella in his drink. He spoke quietly again. “Taekwoon…” he cleared his throat, realizing that even he barely heard that. “I mean- Taekwoon. My name is Jung Taekwoon.”

Wonshik smiled and outstretched his hand, to which Taekwoon meekly shook. Wonshik chuckled. “That name has such a nice ring to it, you know. You seem pretty soft spoken. Did you come alone?”

Taekwoon was about to shake his head and point in the direction of Hakyeon and Jaehwan, but realized the two were no longer seated a few stools away. He pursed his lips and curled his hand into a fist under the bar. Welp, looked like he’d be killing them later for abandoning him. His best guess now was to wing it. Which he was really bad at. He glared at the empty seats for a second before turning back to Wonshik.

“Yes. I came alone.” he managed. “I wanted to get away from some annoying friends.”

Wonshik hummed and put both of his hands on the bar, leaning forward on them. “Well, Taekwoon-ssi, how would you like to hang out with me later? I'm sure I'm much better than those 'annoying friends' of yours."

Wonshik was looking at Taekwoon with a soft smile. Taekwoon hadn’t frequented many bars, but Wonshik definitely took the cake of the most attractive and sweetest bartender. Taekwoon hated to say it, as someone who rarely found a reason to smile, as sad as that sounded, but the guy's smile was kinda contagious. And kinda cute. So much so that the quiet male found himself giving way and offering Wonshik a small, awkward, closed lipped smile.

He took another drink of his drink, this time downing it in one go, not that there was much in the small, slim cocktail glass. He figured he’d be able to make better decisions if he was slightly intoxicated. He was a lightweight anyways, so it wouldn't be hard for him to start acting slightly drunk. He could feel Wonshik's amused gaze on him already.

“We'll see.” Taekwoon said, feeling a surge of courage from the alcohol rushing through his veins, his voice unusually playful. “When do you get off work?”

Wonshik grinned down at Taekwoon. “Ohh, now you’re talking! That attitude almost makes me want to just leave now."

Taekwoon looked away, only after Wonshik spoke realizing how quick his personality changed and shook his head. “N-no, no. I can't take you away from your job. I'll just sit and wait until you're done.”

Wonshik smirked and glanced at the watch on his arm to check the time. “Well, lucky for you, I get off in... less than 10 minutes. Unless you can't wait that long. Then maybe we can exchange numbers?”

Taekwoon smiled again, this time a more friendly smile, but still close-lipped. “I’m not doing anything after this.” he paused. “Actually... I was forced to come here.”

Wonshik raised his eyebrow, preparing another drink for Taekwoon, as well as filling a different glass with water. “Forced?”

Taekwoon took the water given to him and chugged half of it down. It was much easier to chug water than it was to chug alcohol. He nodded. “My friends dropped me off here, but then just disappeared. I guess it hasn’t been a bad experience, though.”

“Let me guess.” Wonshik placed the new drink in front of Taekwoon as well, once again leaning forward on his hands. “It’s because of me?”

Taekwoon rolled his eyes. Either the alcohol was really getting to him now, or he was magically opening up. “Nope. Not because of you. It's actually because of this alcohol.” he picked up said alcohol and took a small drink from the glass.

And, since I made you that alcohol and gave it to you for free... it’s therefore because of me.” Wonshik added with a small smirk. “And in which case, you’re very welcome.” 

He glanced back at his watch after sending another wink in Taekwoon's direction, signaling he would be back in a bit, before disappearing behind a black swinging door. Taekwoon smiled to himself, finishing off the glass of alcohol, as well as the glass of water. The night went better than he had expected it to go. He’d met a friendly bartender who had the ability to make even him open up, and possibly even had a date with him.

But, that didn’t mean he wasn’t going to kill Hakyeon and Jaehwan for dragging him here and then disappearing on him. No siree. He'll just...kill them a little less.


Word Count: 1721(?)

A/N: okay so maybe I edited this a little bit just now. But there still might be a couple errors, who knows. 

anyways, I hope you enjoyed this silly/cute/idek what this is drabble thing (idk if it counts as a drabble if its over 1k words but whatever). Honestly, I quite liked this prompt when I saw it, because it meant I could actually do a ship fic with it (the first one was like? an advertisement fail pretty much, I just happened to throw in someone else besides Seungkwan)

I'll try to post more frequently, but...I can't make any promises. (though with how many prompts that website I got this prompt from has, I could just thrive off of them lol)