Final

First Day Nerves

Today was an ordinary day but you had a feeling it wasn't going to end that way. You woke up, got ready, and walked to school. You met your best friend at the front gate and she was freaking out. "What took you so long?!" She screams at you. "Yoona! Chill. Breathe. Now explain." She takes a breath. "No time. Come with me." She drags you into school and to the window to the main office. There sat one of the most beautiful boys you've ever seen. He wasn't too tall or too short. He had a mop of bright red hair and the prettiest smile you have ever encountered. Both of you are staring and he looks up. You lock eyes and he smiles. You smile back and are pulled away. Yoona is still freaking out. "I want to kiss his face. And have his children." You laugh. "Oh my god. Yoona. You have a boyfriend." The bell rings are you make your way to class.

Your first class is Music. Everyone else wanted to take Art because of Mr. Kim. The new art teacher who was only like 28 years old and crazy hot. He told all his students to call him Kai because "Mr. Kim was his father." You didn't find him attractive and would rather study music. Especially piano. That's why you, along with 4 others chose music with Mr. Zhang. He was a musical genius. It was your day to play the piece you were working on. You were getting ready to sit down when the door opened. In walked the beautiful boy from the office. Mr. Zhang stopped you. "Hello. Welcome. You must be Byun Baekhyun?" He smiled that amazing smile. "Yes, sir!" He introduces himself and his eyes finally fall on you. He smiles and apologizes for interrupting you. You cant talk. So Baekhyun smiles again. 

Once you finish your piece, Mr. Zhang asks if anyone has any comments. You get a few before you hear Baekhyun speak up. "That piece is beautiful but there were a couple of weird spots." Everyone gasps and you're suddenly terribly offended. "How would you know? Do you even play?" Baekhyun's cheeks heat up and before anyone can speak the bells rings are you rush out. Suddenly your cheeks feel wet and you realize you're crying. You hear someone calling your name. You run into the bathroom.  You feel silly. It wasn't even a negative criticism. You're just so used to everyone praising you. You decide to hide in the library for the rest of the day. 

After you go and talk to your teachers about missing class you decide to go to the music room and practice. You hear someone playing the piano and get curious. Its Baekhyun. He's playing your song and holy crap. He was right. He fixed the holes and it sounds amazing. You RIP the door open. He stops and sees you. "Oh. I'm sorry, your song has been stuck in my head all day." You smile. He stands up and grabs his bag. "I'll leave you to it." Before he can leave you grab his arm. "No. please teach me the new parts. I would love to write this song with you." He smiles so big. "Okay. Let's do it!"

Over the next few weeks you and Baekhyun work on the song. Since Baekhyun came in at the middle of the semester, Mr. Zhang allows you to partner up. You have a week until the recital. You will play the song together. This whole project has brought you and Baekhyun pretty close. You have a massive crush on him and you just want to get through this project. You're scared that you might slip up and confess. Which in your eyes would ruin everything. So you hide your feelings. Not even Yoona knows. She's still talking about Baekhyun. How much she likes him and would leave her boyfriend if Baekhyun said he liked her. It was hard to keep it from her. But it was for the best. What you didn't know was Yoona totally knew and was secretly trying to help you. Her comments about him were specifically to make you jealous. 

The week goes by faster than you realize. It's the night before the recital. Baekhyun asks you to meet him to practice. As you're getting there, you get a text from Yoona saying she was gonna ask Baekhyun to the upcoming dance because her boyfriend was out of town. You were livid. It was now or never. You had to tell him, even if it ruined your recital. He invited you to his house. You couldn't say the words. So as soon as he opened the door you kissed him. You pulled away and he smiled. "Well hello to you too." Your face heats up and you cover your face. He laughs and then whines. You open your eyes and see him stomp his feet. "You ruined everything." Your heart drops before he continues. "I invited you over here so I could do that first. But you won't beat me at this!" He exclaims grabbing your shoulders. "I'm kinda sorta in love with you." He says with reddening cheeks. You hug him and as you pull away he kisses you. "I kinda sorta love you too." He smiles then you hear screaming. Yoona jumps out from behind him. "FINALLLYYYY! And you owe $20 Baek. I told you it would work!"