Final

Stitches

“B-but Mina---“she cut me off before I could even give my side.

 

“No!” Mina wiped her tears away. Lifting her hands in the air, as if she’s surrendering.

 

She walked few steps away from where I am.

 

“No.” She faced me, another batch of tears streaming down her face, as my eyes do the same.

 

“Its-- I hate to s-say this, but C-Chaeyoung this won’t w-work anymore…” Cold water with ice seemed to wash over my whole body.

 

“A-are you – Mina, no p-please I’m b-begging you. Look,” I wiped my tears away. I walked to her holding both of her arms, looking intently at her brown orbs.

 

“T-there are hundreds of several w-ways to fix this. P-please, I need you M-mina. I-I’m begging you, p-please don’t leave m-me.” I cried shaking her slightly as I say my words.

 

She slowly shook her head, my grip loosened.

 

“So that’s it?” I ask. Tears stop from falling but my heart surely damn hurts.

 

“After 5 years of fighting. After all those years we’ve been through. You’re now leaving? Surrendering?” I face her and look intently at her eyes.

 

Mina slowly nods. That was her last response before storming out our room.

 

I sighed, dropping my head low. Tears started to fall again.

 

I know it’s my fault. Why am I even dumb?

 

Mina is rich, I’m poor.

 

Mina is popular, I’m not.

 

Name all the positive things you can think and that will describe her. While me? I am the total opposite.

 

Maybe that’s the reason why the 5 years of fighting for this love together doesn’t work.

 

Cliché. I know.

 

I got the box inside my pocket and opened it. I stared at the ring for a few minutes.

 

We’re supposed to get married.

 

Everything is already planned.

 

I already bought the ring; I’ll suppose to give her.

 

And another wave of tears started to flood my face again.

 

I stormed inside my room and find my guitar. I drowned myself in music, like I always used to do before.

 

I thought that I've been hurt before
But no one's ever left me quite this sore
Your words cut deeper than a knife
Now I need someone to breathe me back to life

 

Then it hit me. This song surely describes what I feel right now.

 

I got a few heartbreaks before. But this heartbreak seems to really wound me deep.

 

I continued singing, though my voice sounds like crap.

 

Got a feeling that I'm going under
But I know that I'll make it out alive
If I quit calling you my lover
Move on

 

I stopped. Reminding the last line. Move on.

 

I know it’s still too fast to give up. But this is the only option I got once I ended up losing, again.

 

I stopped singing; my heart can’t handle the pain anymore.

 

I decided to go out. Get drunk and drown myself feeling nothing. What a good plan.

 

You watch me bleed until I can't breathe
I'm shaking falling onto my knees
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches

 

Days, weeks, probably months already passed. But the pain you cause inside my heart still remains.

 

I still call you, like I always do. After waking up and before going to bed.

 

I still send you sweet messages.

 

I still even chat you whenever I’m seeing that small green circle beside your name.

 

Nothing.

 

I always end up getting nothing. Not even a single reply or even a simple “ok”.

 

Tripping over myself,
Aching, begging you to come help
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches

 

Martyr. Stupid. Dumb.

 

Call me anything you want, just like what my friends did. They all left. Telling me how stupid I am before storming out of my life.

 

Stupid Crap, that’s how I am now. Without any family or friends to lean on, to talk to.

 

I’m alone, living only by myself.

 

Just like a moth drawn to a flame
Oh, you lured me in, I couldn't sense the pain
Your bitter heart cold to the touch

 

Maybe, or should I say really, I really love you that I ended up like this.

 

I’m now here in front of your house. I’m on my knees, crying.

 

“What do you want Chaeyoung?” You ask with your cold voice.

 

“You. Please I-I want you back. I know I’m p-poor but I’m willing to f-fight your father for our l-love Mina. Please, c-come back.”

 

“Chaeyoung.” She looks at me, held my hand and sadness can be seen on her eyes.

 

Now I'm gonna reap what I sow
I'm left seeing red on my own

 

“I’m engaged.”

 

Two simple words. Two simple words that cut my heart in a million of pieces.

 

Cold water poured onto me again.

 

She’s engaged. With someone else.

 

Got a feeling that I'm going under
But I know that I'll make it out alive
If I quit calling you my lover
Move on

 

“E-engaged? Stop joking M-Mina.” I stand up together with my voice rising up. Anger and pain mixes up my emotion, leading me to an uncontrolled self.

 

“Chaeyoung.” She tried to hold me but I shoved her hands away.

 

I look straight into her brown orbs, for the last time.

 

“I love you but they were right. I am a stupid dumb martyr. Enjoy your life Mina.” I said and walked away.  

 

You watch me bleed until I can't breathe
I'm shaking, falling onto my knees
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches
Tripping over myself,
Aching, begging you to come help
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches

 

Move on. Like what I said that’s the only option I got, so I did.

 

8 years have passed. I thrived hard to succeed. And now here I am. A successful business woman, with own companies around the world.

 

But the pain inside my heart still remains.

 

I still love her.

 

Needle and the thread,
Gotta get you out of my head
Needle and the thread,
Gonna wind up dead

 

“Ms. Son, someone wants to talk to you. Do you want me to let her in?” my secretary asks.

 

“Yes, sure.” I replied. I’m not that busy today, so I’ll entertain this.

 

Needle and the thread,
Gotta get you out of my head
Needle and the thread,
Gonna wind up dead

 

A knock lingered around my quiet office.

 

“Come in.” I said, dropping my papers as I looked at the door.

 

Needle and the thread,
Gotta get you out of my head
Needle and the thread,
Gonna wind up dead

 

“Mina.” I whispered, shock registered in my face. She smiled before entering the room.

 

She’s with a kid.

 

“H-have a seat.” I said offering the chair in front of me.

 

“Hi.” She faintly said, almost a whisper.

 

I was silent for a second, not knowing what to say.

 

“W-what bring you here? I m-mean what are you doing here?”  I stuttered, the child she’s holding wiggled and ran to the sofa, playing with the plant on the table.

 

“Tzuyu.” She called.

 

“No, it’s okay.” I said and flashed a smile.

 

Needle and the thread,
Gotta get you out of my head, get you out of my head

 

“I’m sorry Chaeyo---.” I cut her off.

 

“No, no don’t apologize. It’s okay Mina.” I smiled a bit.

 

“Let me talk first.”

 

 

You watch me bleed until I can't breathe
I'm shaking, falling onto my knees (falling on my knees)
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches (and I'll be needing stitches)

 

“I was already engaged even before I met you. I know that when I reach the right age, I need to marry the man my father wants for me, for our business.” Mina bitterly smiled.  

 

My mind couldn’t register what she’s saying to me.

 

“But being the stubborn me, I still continued our relationship despite knowing that I need to leave you. But believe me Chaeyoung, I really loved you.” She held my hands, with pain painted on her face.

 

“I’m sorry for being selfish. I’m sorry for leaving you. I’m sorry for not fighting.” A tear escaped her eyes but Mina quickly wiped it away.

 

Tripping over myself,
Aching, begging you to come help (begging, "Baby, please.")
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches

 

“I am not here for us to be back together again. I’m here to clear things out, to have closure with you. I am really sorry, Chaeyoung. ”

 

(And now that)
I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches
(And now that)
I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches

 

“It’s time for us to move on. For us to let go. For us to forget. Thank you for everything, Chaeyoung.”

 

And with that I woke up from reality.

 

I smiled and cupped her face. I leaned and plant a kiss on her forehead.

 

“Though wounds are stitched, it’ll still leave a scar.”