Soliloquy

UP10-SHOTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: WooHee, Wooshin/Hwanhee

Genre: Fluff

Prompt: "Hwanhee says 'I Love You' frequently but Wooseok expresses his feelings through small gestures that are no less sincere."

Requester: Moi 

~•`•~

"Hyung~" Hwanhee sung, almost skipping into their shared kitchen and wrapping his arms around Wooseok's waist. The older of the two didn't react, save for a small smile, continuing about his task of layering the cream atop the cake with the precision of a professional chef. Hwanhee, undeterred by the lack of reaction, rested his head on Wooseok's shoulder and spoke animatedly.

"Minsoo Hyung and Sooil Hyung had a fight and now Sooil has to sleep on the couch! I'm not really sure what it was about but Minsoo seemed really upset because he didn't relent no matter how many times Sooil said was sorry." Hwanhee reported brightly, as though he wasn't describing yet another bump in the rather rocky path that constituted their friends relationship. Wooseok hummed quietly and despite not answering verbally, that was enough to let Hwanhee know that he was paying attention even as he continued to decorate the cake in front of him. 

"Sooil Hyung asked if he could stay here for the night but I refused because I didn't want to share you." He continued, leaning forward and peering over Wooseok's shoulder to observe his progress before adding, "And, last time he stayed with us, he ate three portions for every meal and refused to do the washing up!" The indignant, whiny tone coupled with the funny reminder of the older boys last visit coaxed an amused snort from Wooseok, who paused what he was doing and turned to face Hwanhee.

"That was probably for the best," he admitted, taking in Hwanhee's snow-covered appearance properly for the first time since the younger had returned home and raising his eyebrows in question. "Do I want to know?" He asked finally, when further appraisal revealed snow tracked across the carpet of the entryway and into the kitchen.

Hwanhee smiled sheepishly but his previous childlike enthusiasm returned within seconds. He grabbed Wooseok's hand and pulled him towards the door, only pausing momentarily to grab a hat of the coat stand and pull it down over the older boys red hair. From there, he flung the door open with the excitement of a toddler and pulled Wooseok out into the gentle flurries of snow that had already begun to settle on the frozen ground.

"It's snowing!" The younger boy exclaimed, his eyes curving up into miniature crescents in sight that only made his smile more blinding. It may have been cold but Wooseok couldn't bring himself to make the biting remark that was sitting on the tip of his tongue because it just wasn't worth it to ruin such happiness.

"It is," he chose instead to reply, letting his eyes pan over the undisturb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter