Final

The Luckiest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin stops by a small grocery store to buy some milk because a twenty-four year old Kim Jongin can’t eat cereal without his favorite chocolate milk. He is walking toward the cashier with two cartons of milk in his hands when he spots something. He stops at the magazine section and instantly smiles when he sees the popular model, Oh Sehee, on the cover page of Vogue. Without thinking twice, he takes the magazine and goes to the cashier to pay for his things with a stupid smile on his face.

 

“Having a good day, sir?” The young guy who works behind the counter asks him while scanning his things.

 

“Amazing day, because of her.” Jongin points at Sehee’s face on the magazine.

 

“Ah, are you a fan of her too? I really like her too. She is just so pretty and kind. She is just so amazing.” The cashier gushes over Sehee like a real fanboy and Jongin feels a sense of pride in his heart.

 

“Yes, she is an amazing person.” Jongin smiles wider as he hands the young guy the money to pay for his things.

 

“But I heard she already has a boyfriend. Her boyfriend is the luckiest person in the whole universe.” The guy sighs sadly.

 

Jongin accepts the change and picks up the black plastic black from the counter. “He is indeed a very lucky guy. I need to go now. Have a nice day.” Jongin grins at the guy before he steps out from the store. He looks at the magazine in his hand and admire the beauty of Oh Sehee. Her boyfriend is lucky indeed, to have someone as perfect as Oh Sehee as his girlfriend. He smiles at his own thoughts before he gets into his car and drives to his apartment.

             

“I can give you a copy of the magazine for free why did you need to buy it?” Sehee asks when she spots the Vogue magazine Jongin bought earlier.

 

“I saw it and I just impulsively bought it.” Jongin smiles sheepishly. “I mean, it’s a magazine with Oh Sehee on the cover page how could I resist it?” Jongin adds when Sehee rolled her eyes at him.

 

“Should I be flattered?” Sehee sits beside Jongin on the couch and lies her head on top of Jongin’s shoulder.

 

“Of course you should because your boyfriend is so smitten by you.” Jongin wraps his arm around Sehee’s shoulder to pull her closer.

 

“Yeah yeah, whatever.”

 

“Oh, the cashier who works in the shop is a big fan of you. He said that your boyfriend must be the luckiest person on earth. I agreed with him.” Jongin says proudly.

 

Sehee lifts her head up from his shoulder to look at him. She has a faint blush on her cheek and Jongin knows it’s not makeup because Sehee doesn’t wear makeup when she is home. “Why are you so cheesy?” Sehee whines and buries her face into the crook of Jongin’s neck.

 

“I am not. I am just stating the truth because that’s what I really feel.” Jongin laughs when Sehee whines even louder. He kisses the top of his girlfriend’s head and hugs her closer. “You are so cute when you are shy. So different from the model Oh Sehee who always looks cold in front of the camera.” Jongin teases.

 

“I need to have a charisma as a model. That’s what my agency asked me to do.” Sehee somehow has moved to straddle Jongin’s laps with her face still hidden on Jongin’s neck.

 

“I know. But I grew up with you, so seeing you walking down the runway with a fierce gaze and arrogant expression is still weird for me.” Jongin chuckles.

 

They have been friends since they were in elementary school. They didn’t know how they got close but they just did. They were inseparable which made people assumed that they were dating. But they only started dating when they graduated from high school. Jongin confessed first because he had been so scared to lose Sehee to someone else. Sehee accepted his confession and they have been dating happily for almost six years now.

 

Sehee has always wanted to become a model. She signed with a modelling agency right after she graduated from high school and she rose to fame immediately, which is not surprising because Sehee has the qualities of a great model.

 

Jongin continued his study because he was the heir to his father’s company so he was expected to graduate with at least a bachelor degree. He didn’t really mind, because he loved what he was doing. He had been helping his dad since he was young so he was used to it already.

 

Now, at the age of twenty-four years old, he has become the CEO of his father’s company and Sehee is the most popular model in South Korea. Both of them can be called the power couple, but no one actually knows about their relationship, except their families and friends.

 

People know Sehee is dating someone, but they don’t know who. It is because Jongin dislike the spotlight so he prefers to avoid it. If people find out that he is dating Sehee, he will have to deal with paparazzis and annoying reporters. He is not as good as Sehee in handling them, so for now, he is content with keeping it this way.

 

“Kim Jongin.” Sehee’s voice brings him out from his thoughts.

 

“Yes?”

 

“You didn’t hear what I was saying just now?” Sehee narrows her eyes at him.

 

“Did you say something?”

 

Sehee rolls her eyes before she pokes his cheek repeatedly. “What were you thinking about?”

 

“Nothing.” Jongin holds Sehee’s wrist to stop her before he links their fingers together.

 

Sehee gives him a skeptical look. “Are you sure?”

 

“Yes. Nothing important.” Jongin assures.

 

“Fine.” Sehee lets it slide easily. “I have a photoshoot in the evening. I need to get ready now.”

 

“Wait.” Jongin grips Sehee’s waist tightly when she is about to stand up.

 

“What?”

 

Jongin grins before he leans forward to capture Sehee’s lips for a kiss. Sehee locks her fingers at the back of his neck and pulls him closer. Jongin tilts his head and deepens the kiss while playing with Sehee’s soft blonde hair.

 

“I’m gonna be late,” Sehee mumbles into the kiss.

 

“Just a while more.” Jongin mutters before he tangles his tongue with Sehee’s which makes Sehee moans softly into his lips.

 

They part away a few moments later with red and swollen lips. “My makeup artist is going to kill me.” Sehee sighs.

 

Jongin laughs before he pecks Sehee’s nose. “It makes you look ier. I am sure she won’t mind.”

 

Sehee glares at him playfully before she detaches herself from Jongin’s laps to get ready.

 

“I will drive you there. I need to stop by the company to take something.” Jongin also stands up and follows Sehee toward their bedroom.

 

“Okay. I am going to take a quick shower first.”

 

“Sure.” He pats Sehee’s as she walks in front of him which earns him another glare from his girlfriend. He winks playfully and Sehee just shakes her head at him. Well, he has a hot girlfriend so it’s not his fault that he c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter