Unexpected

Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook stifled a laugh as he peeked on a café window with his best friend, Taehyung. The two of them were watching Jimin’s attempt to destroy the relationship of a random couple. Despite the man’s denials, Jimin kept on telling the woman that the man was having an affair with him. Taehyung chuckled when Jimin pulled down his collar, exposing pretty reddish marks along his neck and some around his collarbone, blaming the man for it. “Yoongi hyung is going to flip out when he finds out Jimin is giving credit for his artwork to someone else.” Jungkook remarked as Jimin ran out of the café dramatically, leaving the man gaping and the woman speechless, teeth gritted in anger. The trio high-fived each other and left the crime scene.

 

“That’s a nice one!” Taehyung said, pulling Jimin’s collar to mimic his gesture just now. Jimin laughed it off. “Gotta thank Yoongi hyung for that. Makes my work easier. Now phew I am done!” Jimin said, doing a little victory dance. Taehyung gave him a thumbs-up, while Jungkook groaned. “Why are we doing this stupid thing anyway?” Jungkook questioned. Taehyung huffed. “You’re only saying it’s stupid because it’s your turn.” Jimin said, rolling his eyes. Jungkook raised his hands in defeat. “We’ll meet here again tomorrow. Night!” Taehyung said and waved his friends goodbye. Jimin did the same. Jungkook took a deep breath and walked back to his apartment, wondering how will he do it tomorrow.

 

The adventurous life of college students, as Taehyung had called it, apparently consists of stupid pranks and idiotic practical jokes. Taehyung decided this one out of the blue, just because he’s single and he hates seeing lovey dovey couples and their homophobia. Jimin obliged like he always does, leaving Jungkook with no choice but to oblige as well. Taehyung completed his turn on the same day he decided to do this whole thing, and his little drama went like a breeze, being in the Acting Major. Jungkook somehow wanted to wipe off the contented smile on his cocky best friend’s face after he succeeded, and realized that the only way to do so is to succeed as well.

 

“I don’t have a boyfriend that can give me hickeys like Jimin. I don’t even like acting! Ah, Taehyung, why the !” Jungkook said as he went inside his apartment. He thought of the worst possible scenarios, like him getting beaten up by the man or the woman, or being recognized by one of the customers at the café. Jungkook chuckled. This may be more fun than he thought it would be. After a lot of thinking, Jungkook finally decided that it’s time to finally get some rest.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“There. Looks like they’re on their first date. Look how awkward he is.” Taehyung chuckled as he pointed to a couple in a restaurant through a glass window. Jungkook examined them, the man looked like he was having trouble maintaining a conversation with the woman. By appearance, he was wearing designer brands from top to toe, giving off a luxurious vibe. The woman seemed to be the only one doing the speaking, and the man simply nodded and gave short responses. “Do I really have to?” Jungkook sighed. Jimin nodded excitedly. “Hey, they looked like an easy prey. No trust that needed to get broken, since their relationship seemed new. Just be a man and go, Jungkook.” Taehyung gave him a push. Jungkook needn’t to be told twice. He took a deep breath and went inside the restaurant.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

He glanced to the window and saw two heads peeking into the restaurant. Jimin gave him a thumbs-up and he smirked slightly. He pretended to look around before going straight to his victim.

 

“But I can’t get married yet, I’m sorry.” The man said. Jungkook stopped in his tracks. What? They are already getting married? . I will be damned in hell for this. He glanced to Taehyung and saw that his friend was mouthing “DON’T CHICKEN OUT.” Jungkook took a deep breath. He definitely would not chicken out.

 

“Why not, Seokjin? You’re already 25 years old!” The woman said. Jungkook smiled, now knowing the man’s name. The man opened his mouth to respond to the woman’s question, but Jungkook’s steps were faster.

 

“Seokjin hyung! What are you doing here? Who is this woman?” Jungkook asked, pointing at the woman. The shock on Seokjin’s face was real and it almost made Jungkook chuckle. “Are you cheating on me?” Jungkook continued. He applauded himself internally as he managed to conjure up the most serious expression, complete with wavering lips and furrowed eyebrows. Seokjin glanced at the woman, who was wearing a very amused look. “Is this the reason why you can’t get married, Seokjin?” She raised her eyebrows. Seokjin bit his lips. Jungkook waited for the denials and prepared for comebacks, but what came out of Seokjin’s mouth was the exact opposite of that.

 

“Yes Sejin. This is why. I love him and I want to be with him.” Seokjin intertwined his fingers with Jungkook’s, making the younger widen his eyes. WHAT THE ? “Baby, I won’t ever cheat on you. This is my sister, Sejin.” Seokjin said, turning to look at Jungkook. “S-sister? Are you telling the truth?” Jungkook muttered. He cursed mentally at his two best friends because of this stupid misunderstanding and odd turn of events. Seokjin looked at him and nodded. Jungkook took a good look at his supposedly-lover and saw that on a closer look, the man was utterly beautiful. “Of course, you know you’re the only one I love.” Seokjin leaned closer to the college student who was frozen on spot and captured Jungkook’s lips with his own, making the younger gasp in surprise. He heard the woman chuckle softly in approval. Seokjin whispered to his ears. “Go along with it, please.” Jungkook nodded slightly, feeling himself voluntarily wanting to go with the man’s words. “I have nothing against this, but you must tell the truth to father. How dare you keep this from me? What’s your name, sweetheart?” Sejin asked Jungkook. “I’m Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook.” Jungkook mumbled, still unable to process the situation. “You look like a capable young man. You’ll take care of Seokjin well, won’t you?” Sejin smiled to Jungkook, who nodded in response, before turning to look at Seokjin. “All I wish for is your happiness, Seokjin. But even if you’re with him, you still need to get married in order to take over the company. So bring him to the house as soon as possible.” Sejin said, standing up. “Alright. I’ll do that. Thank you, noona.” Seokjin said, hugging Jungkook’s waist. Sejin excused herself. Jungkook stayed in his spot, pale, and unable to move.

 

The tables have been turned.

 

Jungkook glanced to the two heads outside, which were wearing the same confused looks as he was. Seokjin let go of his hold and looked at Jungkook. “Practical joke gone wrong?” He asked with a giggle. Jungkook bit his lips. So he knew. Jungkook looked down, remembering how those plump lips felt against his. As a college student with a ty love life, he doesn’t get to experience amazing kisses that much. “How old are you?” Seokjin asked Jungkook, snapping him out of his reverie. “20.” Jungkook answered. “A student?” He asked. “Y-yes. Arts. Uh, I need to go. Goodbye.” Jungkook turned around and ran out of the restaurant, not looking back. He gestured for Taehyung and Jimin to run as well, because he was sure as hell he wouldn’t want to linger around there any longer.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Um, Jungkook. I know you told us to never, ever speak or remind you about the incident, but—“ Jimin stopped his sentence when he was given a burning glare by Jungkook. It was two days after his stupid attempt. Taehyung had declared his attempt as a failure and that he is the loser among the three. Although he did argue that it was them who chose the couple for him, Taehyung and Jimin wouldn’t take any of it. Jungkook is just so good at everything that the opportunity to declare him as a loser is hard to come by.

 

“But he’s right there, oh my god.” Taehyung continued Jimin’s sentence with a gasp, pointing towards a man leaning on a white car outside their university gates. Jungkook gasped as well. “Hurry, hide me.” He said in attempt to hide behind his two friends who were unfortunately shorter than him. Jimin chuckled. “Relax, he’s probably not looking for you.” He said. Taehyung nodded. “Maybe he really has a girlfriend or a boyfriend here. Jungkook, here’s your chance to repair your dignity.” Taehyung nudged Jungkook, who widened his eyes. “No, no. I am not going to do anything stupid again. Whatever you’re thinking, it’s a no. I’m out of here.” Jungkook pointed to Taehyung and walked away. Jimin looked at Taehyung and laughed. “His pride is still hurt.” Taehyung shrugged.

 

Walk straight, do not look at him.

 

“Jeon Jungkook?”

 

Oh .

 

Jungkook stopped walking and turned to look at him. Seokjin was smiling as he walked up to Jungkook. Jungkook examined his features. Under the sun, his rose gold hair shone, quite as much as his smile in Jungkook’s perspective. He was as beautiful as how Jungkook remembered him to be on that fateful night. And his lips, oh my, his lips. Did he wear chapstick? Jungkook thought. “Hey, ‘baby’.” Seokjin grinned, making Jungkook frown. Seokjin stood in front of him and held his hand. Jungkook blinked twice. Now what is this about? “Look, I am sorry for that day,” Jungkook muttered, trying to shake off Seokjin’s grip on his hand. “Jungkook, I really need your help. Let’s talk over lunch, please?” Seokjin lightly squeezed Jungkook’s hand, and Jungkook found himself complying with the man’s words without much resistance again. Jungkook heard two loud gasps behind him. “Jungkook has a ing date!” Taehyung whispered loudly. “ off.” He mouthed to Taehyung and Jimin. Jimin gave him an “Okay” sign and dragged Taehyung away before he could create a scene.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“How did you find me?” Jungkook said, trying as hard as possible to not stare at the beautiful man in front of him. Seokjin sipped on his apple juice. “There’s only one college around here, I was just trying my luck and found you.” He said. Jungkook nodded. “So you said you wanted to talk?” he asked, scooping up his fried rice with a spoon. “I need your help. This really important for me. I need to get married next month, or else my brother would take over the company. Now my sister has really taken a liking on you—“ Seokjin paused and stopped stirring his juice. Jungkook saw where this is going. He chewed on the fried rice slowly as he saw how deep in trouble he was now, just because of that stupid failed prank. “A-are you saying…?” Jungkook stuttered. “Yes. I need you to marry me.” Seokjin said with a straight face. He closed his eyes as he anticipated Jungkook’s rejections.

 

“Sure.”

 

Jungkook’s straightforward answer surprised both Seokjin and himself. “What?” Seokjin asked for confirmation. “What?” Jungkook mirrored. “Shouldn’t you protest a little? Don’t you want to go back and reflect on your life choices and twists of fate before answering?” Seokjin asked, confusing Jungkook. “Are you hoping I would say no? Should I have said no?” Jungkook asked. “N-no, I’m happy you agreed, but… It’s too quick. It’s unusual. And stop smiling it’s creepy.” Seokjin furrowed his eyebrows. Jungkook widened his eyes; he didn’t even realize he was smiling.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jungkook sat on the edge of the bed and ed his white tuxedo. It was a week after their deal was sealed. Jungkook had been spending the week preparing himself mentally and contemplating his not-so-well-thought decision, and Jungkook was still having trouble processing the reality now that he had just been married to a beautiful stranger called Kim Seokjin. He wondered, why had he accepted the offer so eagerly? He was halfway through his buttons when Seokjin stepped into the room. “You said the vows quite well, did you practice? I stuttered a lot.” Seokjin chuckled. Jungkook laughed. “Of course I had to practice for my big day, it’s not like I get married everyday.” He said. Seokjin took off his own tuxedo and held it in his hands. “Look, I’m sorry okay, I had to drag you into this.” Seokjin sighed as he sat down next to Jungkook. Jungkook nodded. “I know. It’s fine. Really. It’s my fault in the first place.” Jungkook said with a small smile. Now I’m stuck in this mess. But why don’t I feel like complaining? Seokjin stood up. “Anyway, your first payment will be banked in tomorrow morning. Now have a good night’s sleep.” Seokjin smiled and walked out of the door. “Well, at least he’s kind.” Jungkook sighed. He felt a bit disappointed that Seokjin wasn’t sleeping with him like a married couple does. “I guess I’m really just his husband on papers.” Jungkook mumbled as he fell asleep.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Wake up.”

Jungkook groaned and turned around.

“Jungkook, you need to go to class.”

Why does my alarm sound different?

“I made you breakfast so wake up now. JEON JUNGKOOK!” Seokjin pulled Jungkook’s arm and dragged him off the bed. Jungkook opened his eyes in shock. “What are you—Ah right, I married you yesterday.” Jungkook chuckled. He was so used to his alarm waking him up, and to make his own breakfast. Seokjin laughed. “Is a good morning kiss included in the contract?” Jungkook joked. Seokjin widened his eyes and turned around. “Don’t get ahead of yourself, boy.” He laughed and exited the room. Jungkook pouted. “Guess not.” He shrugged as he stood up and went to the bathroom.

 

“You live alone?” Jungkook asked as he came to the kitchen. Seokjin nodded. “Now, yes. I used to have a housemate… But… He’s away.” Seokjin replied. “Ah, alright. So how old are you actually?” Jungkook asked. “25.” Seokjin replied as he took a seat in front of Jungkook. “Oh you looked young!” Jungkook remarked. Seokjin laughed. “Well, yeah, 25’s not that old. So, I’m curious. What really made you accept my offer?” Seokjin took a sip on his coffee. Jungkook scratched the back of his head. “Well to be honest… The amount you offered was very interesting. Besides, it’s not like I’ll have a commitment of any sorts. It’s just like having free money and free house. Also free breakfast and dinner. It’s seriously the best option.” Jungkook said, munching his toast. Seokjin nodded. “Very clever, but most people would’ve declined right away. You’re oddly relaxed about this. You’re marrying someone out of love, someone you barely knew.” Seokjin reasoned. Jungkook nodded. “Well, I don’t really love anyone else now. Besides, that someone I barely knew is a quite attractive man.” Jungkook winked. Seokjin scoffed. “What? Can’t I flirt with my own husband?” Jungkook asked. Seokjin chuckled. “Stop that. This is a business purpose and I hope you can stay professional.” He said. Jungkook nodded. “Yeah, I know. I’m just kidding. Not about the part where I find you attractive, though.” He chuckled. Seokjin huffed. “Eat up and meet me outside. I’ll send you to your campus.” He instructed and walked outside.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jungkook opened the front door. It felt a bit odd to come home to an unfamiliar apartment instead of his college dormitory. It also felt odd to come home to the mouthwatering smell of food being cooked. Jungkook entered the house and was greeted by Seokjin with a br

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter