"I promise"

Without words

She placed the worn out book into her sling bag and stood up, smiling. Now she got it all. Everything. What had happened, all the answer she needed. She took in a large amount of the cold air into her lung, feeling it in all the chambers inside her chest. As she opened her eyes, she saw a tall figure standing at the end of the shoreline, facing the same sea she was talking to. It was the middle of November, and the sea breeze had started being cold to her bones. She pulled her jacket close to helself and quietly walked to the boy standing at the other end of the shoreline.

As she stepped closer, she was mesmerized by the beauty of the creature that she had ever taken for granted. The sunlight penetrating through gaps between the strands of his hair made it so magnificient that she wondered how come she had never realized that detail. Unsuspecting, the boy closed his eyes, letting the wind graze his face gently. As quick as a flash, she planted a kiss on his cheek, causing his eyes to sprung open.

“Noona!” As he turn around, he stuttered at the sight of the girl, but immediately controled his expression.

“Come, time to go home!” She smiled at the 16 year old boy and offered her hand. The boy looked down at her hand, hesitated on his next move, but when the girl’s eyes smiled an approval, he slowly took her hand in his, and intertiwined his fingers with his. That was the first time since he had ever felt this warmth from her palm, all this while, between them had been the cold equivalent to the southern most part of the Earth, the Artic.

“Yonggyun-ah, I’m sorry” she whispered to her ears, low but audible. Confused, he stopped for a while, but as he turn to seek for her explaination, she planted a post-it-note on his forehead and dashed to their house. His eyes grew wider as he read the note, but she had already been too far that he need to shout to be able to be heard by her. As he was still there, dazed, she turned around and stuck out tongue out. Though he had the urge to chase after her, he calmly took his step,on at a time, leaving two parallel trace on the place white sand of the beach.

“I promise I will behave better. Please don’t give up on me”