end

What do you mean with "it was an incident"?

The phone started ringing. I just gave a quick look at the screen and saw that it was an incoming call from Taekwoon. Strange, he never calls. It must be important.

“Sorry, it's an emergency” I say with an apologetic smile to the people in the conference room. “I will be back in a couple of minutes”.

I stand up and leave the room, closing the door as I'm picking up.

“Taekwoon?” I ask.

“Sanghyuk.”

“Why did you call?”

A couple of seconds of silence. “I did something you won't be happy about.”
I froze. “What have you done? Is it that bad?” a good ten seconds pass, and he's not answering. “Taek, are you in trouble?” I try again. I know that he can be really stubborn but right now he needs to talk.

“There was...” another couple of seconds of silence “an incident” he breathes out.

“An incident????? Did you got hurt??? Are you at the hospital???” I start to walk up and down the corridor with a hand in my hair, starting to panick.

“Calm down, Sanghyuk.” he says. His voice doesn't seep pain. “I'm not hurt.”
“Then what happened?”
“Nothing like you are thinking right now. Nobody got hurt. Nothing happened.”

“Then what did you do?” I whine, desperate. Is he joking? He would never do that, he knows that I'm busy and that today I had an important meeting. But I can't really understand him now.

“I...I may have accidentally sort of adopted five cats.”
My legs stop. And probably my breath too. “You WHAT”

“They were... looking at me”
“What the actual , Taekwoon. Are you even serious now?”

“Why would I lie about cats?” That's so ing true. He would never. And it's even worse.

“Why, Taek. Just why.”
“I told you, they were looking at me”

I sigh, exasperated, as I close the call and go back into the meeting room.

 

I open the front door carefully, in part scared to be attacked by a cat.
“I'm home” I say out loud.

Taekwoon appears from the living room with a white cat in his arms and a huge smile on his face. He's wearing a pink sweater and his red hair is messy, coupled with the ball of fur in his arms he's really handsome. “Welcome back.”

“So you weren't joking” I say as I walk towards him, giving him a peck on the cheek and petting our new baby.

“The others are on the couch.” he says with enthusiasm.

I was ready to scold him, but seeing him this happy has made me change my mind. Maybe this is a good idea.

“Have you already thought about their names?” I follow him as he goes back to the living room.

“I know that this one is Leo, but I'm not sure about the others.” he says as he lets himself drop on the couch. The view is hilarious: as he drops all of the cats are over him, purring.

“They really love you” I say, sitting on the floor and looking at him, amazed.

“I told you, they were looking at me. I couldn't leave them there. It was love at first sight.”

“Tell me how you all met, then.”

His eyes started to shine with a light that I know was of pleasure.

 

“So, that one's Leo. The red one in the corner is Ken. The two on the couch are Wonshik and Honbin. This one” I said, looking at the fur ball in my arms and cradling him “is N”

“Just 'N'?” Hakyeon asked, looking confused.

“Don't ask. Taek choose the names.”

“But this one kind of looks like me, don't you think?” he says, petting N on the head.

“Mh, kinda” we both laugh.

I leave N on the couch and go to the kitchen to make some tea for the two of us.

“Having cats it's nice, even when Taekwoon isn't home I don't feel alone.”

“Thinking that you were so angry at first...”

“Well, sorry, I'd like to see you having a call like that.”

“It's good to see you enjoying this moment.” he coos. “But tell me more about how's life with children.”

I throw at him a handful of sugar.