for K

Shaded Seasons

for parez, aka admin K. Thank you so much for making me happy with your art every day, and even drawing some for one eyed hue. I love you <3

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

🍃

 

"You know what's my favourite colour?" Jongin asked randomly one day when they were seventeen. The sun was dipping down, and the sky was hued a pink that blended into orange. They were on the grass, staring at the colours in the sky.

"What?" Kyungsoo had quipped, genuinely intending to amuse Jongin on his random question.

The younger looked at Kyungsoo, regarding him seriously. "You." 

The older had blanched, and they agreed to never speak of Jongin's failed confession ever again. 

(They do start dating a month right after that though.)

 

🍃

 

When he said the three words, it had came randomly. Kyungsoo was in a pale pink coat, a white wool beanie on his head as they both walked along the park, ice skates in hand. 

The older danced for him on the ice, twirling prettily and magnificently, at least in Jongin's eyes he did. Jongin had sat at the side, taking a video for him to reference later, because he was definitely painting something with the other ice skating.

It took a series of twirls for Kyungsoo to fall, and Jongin had rushed to his side quickly, concern shining in his eyes. Kyungsoo pulled down Jongin's earmuffs then, to tell him he was okay, and it blurted out without him meaning to.

"I love you." The words were wobbly, seeming to have frozen in air as both of them looked at each other in surprise. 

Kyungsoo had smiled, like the gentle person he is, and took Jongin's hand in his, skating a circle around the rink and not responding. 

When they parted that night, Kyungsoo had kissed him, firmly and surely. He smiled serenely as he pulled away, the red in his nose adorable against his pale skin. "This is good enough too."

Jongin had sighed. He had always been the one who loved more than Kyungsoo ever did after all.


🍃


"It's not about who loves more," Kyungsoo had told him a few years later, face red and eyebrows furrowed. Jongin was panting hard too, the fire in his heart burning along with the insecurities he had bottled up all these years. 

"Oh yeah? What is it about then?" His words tasted like venom. Bitter. Outside, the only red leaf left on the tree fell, alone and dejected.

"It's about how well we seam together. It's about how compatible we are together. How far could love go anyway? I like you enough, don't I?" Kyungsoo ranted, eyes teary and mouth downturned. "Or are those not enough for you?"

"You know you're always enough for me." Jongin remembered whispering through his own tears that had fallen. His voice was weak, his shoulders slumped as he said the biggest weakness that had bugged him all this time. "It's just me who's not enough for you."

And like the sob that accidentally bursted too loud, Kyungsoo's shoulders drop, his arms instantly around Jongin. He had whispered words that Jongin couldn't even remember anymore. The only one that Jongin could remember, stayed in his mind forever- it was what made him stay over the years.

You're always enough.


🍃


His hands were painted. Tucks of flowers, some stars, a trail that led to his shoulders. He was water, floating but grounded. A crash, but calm at the same time. His eyes met his boyfriend's as hands intertwined. Jongin admired the contrast, the line where gold met pearl. He could trace it in his mind, paint it on a canvas, but today, tonight, it was just about Kyungsoo.

The male was on a stool, covered only in a pair of boxers. It was his latest project, something he had been fiddling in his mind for a while. He picked his paintbrush up, one that was thin, along with some body paint.

Curls of maroon, Jongin whispered in his mind, because red looked so great against Kyungsoo; evident by how his boyfriend liked wearing a red tint all the damn time, making his lips even more luscious and tempting than they already were.

The red formed a bunch of hibiscuses, right on his shoulders, droopy but light at the same time. His gaze flitted to Kyungsoo's eyes for a second, and the sadness that still laid there was evident even with the smile on his lips. He let his lips quirk, putting down the red in exchange for pink.

Kyungsoo's blushed cheeks have always been his favourite thing about the male. How he wore it from his cheekbones to the tip of his nose, the pink seeming like soft velvet against his cheeks. They formed carnations- layered, pleated little petals, very complicated but very fragile. That, he painted on Kyungsoo's heart, covering the whole chest area.

Tan brown was next, and Kyungsoo chuckled when he saw how the colour was almost the same as Jongin's skintone. "What's that symbolism? You?"

Jongin blinked innocently at the older male, pouting slightly just to see Kyungsoo's eyes soften. "Why? Am I not important to you?"

His boyfriend only shook his head, rolling his eyes and grumbling for Jongin to just get on with painting. The tan brown Jongin painted over Kyungsoo's hand, little random flowers twirling up fingers and twining at the tip. A grip. That's how tight his hold would always be on Kyungsoo. 

Their eyes met again when Jongin looked up, and the way Kyungsoo looked back at him with hooded eyes and understanding shining in the glaze; Jongin knew he didn't have to explain further.

He took yellow then, mixing it with orange for brighter flowers, painting it on one whole arm, before picking black and navy, painting it on the other arm. After all, for every happy day that Kyungsoo has, there would be a sad day. He stopped, regarding the whole outlook for a minute, deciding to leave Kyungsoo's stomach empty. 

Green was next and he painted it up from the back of Kyungsoo's feet, leaves overlapping each other to stop right at the end of Kyungsoo's boxers. It was for Kyungsoo's curious personality that he would step on any leaf to quench it. A hand tugged at Jongin's chin when he stared at Kyungsoo's crotch for too long. "Jongin."

He huffed. If this was some artwork he simply wanted to do in passing, Jongin would have pulled down the boxers already. Alas, it was for his school project, and Jongin really didn't have much time left before the deadline.

It did inspire him to pick up some light beige, and a tinge of pastel blue, using his sponge now instead of a paintbrush. He patted it on the collarbones, along the sides of Kyungsoo's thighs, the pads of his fingers. Hazy. That was what it felt like every time with Kyungsoo. All at once, yet too little at the same time.

Dark purple was next, which he mixed with burgundy. He roughly stippled the combined colours onto the neck. A line across, just like a choker, but just a little more smudged. He smirked, teasingly curling his fingers around Kyungsoo's neck once the paint had dried and tightening it once. His boyfriend glared at him, slapping his hand away.

"Don't get hard now, babe."

"As if," Kyungsoo scoffed, but they both knew it was possible, so Jongin returned his focus on the painting again or else he won't turn in the project on time.

Except almost everything was done by now. Jongin added some gold freckles around Kyungsoo's cheeks. He took his time curling Kyungsoo's lashes too, and adding a hint of pink around the outer corner of Kyungsoo's eyes to the tops of his cheekbones. Jongin pressed his lips on Kyungsoo's, letting the red lipstick he had on to transfer: a last touch.

He let go long enough to stare down at his boyfriend, an artwork even without all the painting he had done. "You're really beautiful, you know that?"

"I'm mediocre. You're the beautiful one between us both." Kyungsoo replied, monotonous and nonchalant. 

"I was trying to be romantic."

"You failed."

"I didn't fail, you ruined the moment." Jongin retaliated, huffing before getting off Kyungsoo's lap. "Whatever, let's just take the pictures."

He could hear Kyungsoo's laughter, and even if he wanted to stay angry at the other, he couldn't help smiling at the sound.

 

🍃


Later in the night, Jongin helped Kyungsoo wash the paint off, massaging his shoulders and rubbing the paint as relaxingly as he could. 

His lips trailed across the now clean canvas, teeth intending to paint new colours, new stories. Kyungsoo too, let his lips trail over the stars on Jongin's arms, the delicate flowers and then, just skin.  

In a steady stream, Kyungsoo only seemed more gorgeous. It was almost unfair how that was possible.

"You're seriously, really pretty Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo smiled, wrapping his arms around Jongin's neck and burying his face into the curve of his neck. "Thank you,"

"That's all?" Jongin asked playfully, "No s, or like a handjo-"

"I love you." 

Jongin paused, swallowing his saliva as he stared at Kyungsoo with wide eyes. He was pretty sure he was gaping, but he barely cared at the moment. "You mean that?"

Kyungsoo nodded, fingers fiddling with Jongin's hair. "I..I really do love you, so much."

Jongin grinned, leaning in and kissing Kyungsoo with fervour, his hand tightening on the other's waist. 

Kyungsoo's face was pink when they separated, and Jongin chuckled. He was pretty sure his own cheeks were colouring as  well. "I love pink too."

"What?"

Jongin shook his head, choosing to kiss Kyungsoo again instead of explaining himself. His hand met Kyungsoo's face in a soft caress. Pearl and gold, a twinge of pink, and raven black matted on top. He could feel his heart beating vibrant blues, and a yellow aura wrapping itself around him, happiness reaching to an even higher peak. Jongin sighed blissfully.

Kyungsoo really was his favourite colour after all.

 

🍃

thank you for reading and i hope you enjoyed. Parez i hope u really like this!! 

Comments are always appreciated, and till the next time folkz🌺