-1-

The Rhythm in Our Heart

“Hello?” she picked up her phone.

“Hey Jina, don’t forget to come to the studio at 1pm alright? We’re going to start our rehearsal soon” Chanyeol tells her. Oh that’s right, the rehearsal for the performance, I almost forgot about it. She thought.

“Yeah, I’ll be there soon. Will there be other girls too?” She asked.

“Maybe, I’m not sure if the other girls are coming but one of them are absent for today.” He answered.

“Oh alright, see you later” She ended the call.

It’s her first time joining the group for this performance. She’s not a professional in playing guitar. She was just an average player. She can play some songs as long as it’s within her skills. She learnt the guitar by herself, from book, youtube. She wasn’t confident in joining this guitar performance but the leader of the group, Jinyoung tried to convince her to play along with the other guitarists and the chords that will be using were basic chords. After multiple tries, she decide she’ll give it a try.

Jinyoung said this performance aren’t like the typical buskers you see on the streets. It’s a guitar flashmob. Something like dance flashmob but this time with guitar. It was for his assignment. It’s unique though.

She washed up and start to dress herself for the rehearsal. Just a simple makeup would do, she thought. She grabbed her guitar bag and put some of her important belongings inside the small pouch attached to the guitar bag  since she was lazy to bring another bag along. She make her way down the stairs to put on her favourite shoes and walk to the studio.

The studio aren’t that far from her house. It was about 20mins walk and she love to walk eventhough there were some of her friends that drive past her asked if she needed a lift but she decline. To her, walking while listening to music give peace to her.

She opened the door to the studio and find her friend, Chanyeol was jamming through some songs with the others.

“Hey Jina, finally you came. Most of them couldn’t come today but I’ll introduce you to some of them, come on” Chanyeol greeted her and she followed him to the small circle of people with guitar.

“The curly haired one is Jongdae, next to him is Baekhyun, they’re pretty inseparable. This guy over here with dimple is Yixing. He’s a pro” Chanyeol said while playing with his hair.

“I’m not a pro, just good, I guess.” Yixing said.

I bowed a bit as I acknowledge all of them. “I’m Jina”

They open up the circle for me so that I could sit. All of them are boys though, I wonder where’s the girls at. She thought. She was never good at making friend, she know Chanyeol because they’re classmates and Jinyoung as he was a friend of her dancemate, Jiyeon. It takes time for her to completely open up to others, so she was a bit awkward especially when she’s the only girl there.

“Hey Chanyeol, where’s the other girls?” she asked.

“They couldn’t come today, they had other things to do” he answered her questions.

She bit the inside of her cheeks as she thinks how can she survived the rehearsal, she only know two person here and it seems like the other boys are very good with playing guitar. Just as she was drowned with her thoughts, she took out her guitar and tuned the strings, warming up her fingers, Yixing greeted her.

“Nice guitar, can I play it for a while?” he asked politely. She was surprised as he talked to her.

“Yeah sure, here,” she gave her guitar to him and he starts to plucked some of the strings, making it into a song.

“Where did you buy your guitar?” he asked again.

“I couldn’t remember, it was long time ago. This guitar already old” she said while looking at his finger dancing with the strings.

“Here you go, thanks for the guitar by the way, we’re just playing any chords right now that suits the rhythm, you can play along if you want to, we don’t bite.” He chuckled, as he picked his guitar and starts to play any chords that could match what the others are playing.

“I’ll try. I’m not that good though” she smiles trying to play along with them.

Without she realized, a seed of love blooms in her heart.

 

That’s how I starts to like you……

 

 

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

How is it?