does it matter?

love takes two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I didn’t expect something like rejection and humilitation to happen to me the first time I decided to just get it done and straightforwardly ask him about his feeling. Okay, maybe it was arrogant of me to think that, but still I didn’t expect it to be this embarrasing. And painful.

“You’re like... a little sister, Chaeyeon. It’d be... weird.” He said glumly, carefully, as if he was afraid of breaking my heart, which was useless, really, since my heart was already torn in pieces.

I blinked back tears, looking at him with disbelief. How could you? I wanted to confront, it’s okay to turn me down, but must you say that? But instead, I blurted out an why? Which was, of course, would hurt me more.

“No, no, don’t answer that.” I shook my head hastily. I wouldn’t want his explanation towards the reason why he thought that the idea of me and him, together, was weird. Not now, not ever. “So, you don’t like me. Fine.”

Now it was him shaking his head. “No, no, Chaeyeon—don’t get me wrong, I don’t dislike you, no way.”

“Gong Myung,” my voice was firm, stern even. I didn’t even realise that I had called him Gong Myung, without –ssi or even oppa. Just his name, and it felt awfully nice when it shouldn’t have. “Be reasonable, will you? Do you like me or do you not like me? That way, it’ll be easier for me to make up my mind.” I was never a girl who was too honest about her feelings, but like this, I had no choice but to be truthful and blunt. Also, what I said was true, anyway. I had to make up my mind quickly—either get over him or continue liking him. That way, it’ll also hurt less, right?

Or, probably, I was still hoping th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter