We Just Do

Dear Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Inspired by this quote: “We don’t get to choose who we love, we just do.” 

 

 

It’s been a little over two weeks since I’ve been staying at Jung’s house.

 

I can see how Jung tiptoes around me. I can see how my pain bothers him but I can’t turn it off.  I can’t live a peaceful life when I know that I left that person all alone. 

 

Sometimes Jung will ask me questions that hurt a little and sometimes it hurts a lot and usually I give him a weak smile and ignore his questions, but sometimes I humour him, even if it hurts a lot. 

 

“Why him? Out of all the people in the world, why did you choose him?” Jung asks. There are no malice in his words but he speaks with that same tone of superiority and self righteousness that he always has when he talks about him.

 

Jung was always asking her questions like that. He didn’t do it to hurt her though. He did it because he had this theory that it was better to be angry than sad and that anger would make ease it all until it was gone. He did it to get a rise out of her so that she could leave the sadness behind her because that was what he always did when something was hard. 

 

But she never felt angry, just sad. 

 

Sometimes it hurt so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter