God Works in Annoying Ways

God Works in Annoying Ways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"This is so crazy!" Jungkook yells at the scene being played out down below. "Argh! He's so ing stupid!"

"Language." Seokjin drawls out while staring at his own pair with a smile. They were sharing their first kiss under the mistletoe just like Seokjin had planned it. "Why do you always turn into a soccer mom when you're monitoring your OTP?"

Jungkook turns to him with wide angry eyes, nose flaring. "Because unlike your couple, who take hints like the intelligent species Humans are supposed to be, my OTP decides to ing ignore the fluttering in their stomachs when they see each other!" He turns back to the scene and kicks angrily at a cloud passing by.

Seokjin looks away from his own pair and smiles at Jungkook before sticking his tongue out like a two year, teasing him. "Who told you make them so dumb then? It's your own fault!"

The younger God groans angrily. "They're not dumb!" Because Jungkook created them, how could they be? "They're just..." He trails of, thinking of a nice word to explain why they never take the hints Jungkook's throws at them.

"Stupid?" Jin asks with an innocent face, head cocked to the side.

Jungkook bites his lips to keep his hands from throwing punches because no one insults his babies! But he can't do that because Seokjin is an older God so he just replies back tight-lipped, "They are perfect." He turns back to the scene below where Yoongi is avoiding sitting in the only seat on the bus because it's beside Jimin and the boy makes his inside feel like a roller coaster. Sighing the God relents, "they're just a little oblivious."

Seokjin simply rolls his eyes at that. "Well you made them that way, didn't you?"

"I thought they'd change over time like Himchan's did!" Jungkook puffs out a breath, which turns into a whirlwind which he grabs before it expands and throws into the whirlwind bank; where it's stored until the next time their Higher God's decide to send a calamity to earth. "Daehyun hardly ever spoke to anybody before he met Youngjae remember?"

"That's because everyone thought he was emo before Youngjae finally befriended him. He was just shy and he still is in front of strangers" Seokjin explains while biting on a piece of chocolate. "Yoongi and Jimin, on the other hand," He continued to speak around the chocolate bar "are just hardheads."

"If you keep saying about my OTP, I swear I will-"

"What?" Seokjin asks the other with an annoying, over-achieving smirk.

Jungkook grins back meaningfully and replies "I will personally make them fall in love. And they'll be far more romantic and lovely and everything you could ask for, than yours."

Seokjin rolls his eyes as he leans back onto a cloud nearby. "Of course they'll fall in love someday. Their Soulmates!" He isn't going to fall for Jungkook's tricks. "But they'll never be as cute as mine. They fell in love in just over a month."

"I will make Mine fall in love within a week!"

Jungkook knows he's messed up when he sees Seokjin's eyes shine like Satan's and watches the smirk turn evilly huge. "Call!" And the deal was set.

*****

Jungkook anxiously watches from the behind the tree before remembering he is in fact a God and doesn't need to hide. He moves out with a flourish and starts skipping down the streets following the pale man he had created. The people around him, unaware that a God is walking alongside them, just keep stumbling every time the entity touches or pushes them to make way.

Yoongi has headphones stuck over his head and is carrying a venti Americano in his hands as he speeds down the street towards the bus stop he always uses. And just like every day, Jimin is there. A school bag hangs over his shoulders and earphones in his ears. He is doing a mini dance as he mouths the words. Yoongi spares a glance at the boy and the butterflies he has been feeling for the past three years since he first saw Jimin are back. Jimin turns around slightly at the citrus perfume he knows Yoongi always uses. Seeing the boy scribbling words into a ledger, Jimin simply turns back around biting his lips; ignoring the fluttering in his tummy he's felt ever since he'd first seen the boy.

And just like always, Yoongi moves into the back avoiding the boy, because he is NOT crushing on Jimin. And just like always Jimin bites his lips and stops dancing, because he is so NOT crushing on Yoongi.

And the God standing beside the two boys sighs tiredly, because if they managed to not fall in love for three years, Jungkook is pretty sure seven days won't change a thing.

Flashback
A twenty year old Yoongi stands star struck in the middle of the street, when an eighteen year old Jimin helps him gather the music sheets that had flown out of his hands when he'd collided into the boy while hurrying to bus stop. Yoongi was definitely in love, because the boy's chubby cheeks seemed so awfully inviting that Yoongi wanted to just kiss the boy. And they'd only just met.

An eighteen year old Jimin never gets up from where he's sat in the middle of the road, staring at the hand a twenty year old Yoongi offers to him, as he shakily hold it and pulls himself up. Jimin was definitely in love, because Yoongi's hand felt oddly cold against his own, sending electric shocks through his fingertips, making him want to hold it forever. And they'd only just met.
Flashback Over

Jungkook follows the two boys into the bus and watches the boys walk away from each other. Jimin takes an a aisle seat, while Yoongi stands near the end, holding one of the straps that hang from the bus' roof for balance. The bus is soon full with not a single seat to spare and an idea pops into Jungkook's mind.

He snickers as another bus stop arrives and quickly races out of the bus only to enter back as an old grandma with an aching back. And just like he'd predicted, Jimin jumps out of his seat offering it to the old woman (Golden God of Seagulls, Jungkook). Of course that isn't enough still, because Yoongi and Jimin are standing at a distance from each other, not even looking at each other. So Jungkook, being the graceful God he is, decides to make the bus ride bumpy from the invisible holes on the road.

And just like God's Work, because that's exactly what this is, Yoongi stumbles back and into Jimin's arms. And it should've been a beautifully magical moment where the two would lock eyes and just fall in love. But nothing of the sorts happens.

When Yoongi stumbles into Jimin, Jimin's legs give away, making both the boy's fall square on their butts. And in another time, Jungkook promises himself that he'll never make another Human as clumsy as he made Jimin (because clumsiness is cute, my !). The God watches wincing at the scene with second hand embarrassment as Jimin moves to get up and only slips back down on the spilt coffee, landing harder on his side. The fact that Yoongi looks entirely charmed by the younger boy's adorable pout is probably what keeps Jungkook from looking away.

The handsome God watches Yoongi get up with an "oof" before dusting himself and reaching out a hand towards Jimin. And Jungkook is left wondering why the two are still not a couple yet, because Jimin just looks at Yoongi in awe as he takes the pale hand and picks himself up. The two dust themselves off before plucking up the strewn papers and Jimin's bag off the floor in the process. Just then, the bus comes to a stop, and both the boys look out the window to see their University come into view.

Jungkook steps off the vehicle right behind the pair and follows them close as the two keep walking without exchanging a word. Yoongi mutters a bye and turns around the corner towards the Production Building, and Jimin towards the Dance Building. And just like that, Jungkook is left standing at the fork.

This was going to be excruciatingly hard.

*****

Jungkook watches with bored eyes as Yoongi struggles with words to write. Fifteen minutes and nothing interesting has happened. He should've gone with Jimin instead. Just as he's about to get up and walk away though Jungkook spies a familiar face and an idea once again pops into his mind.

Jungkook watches Hoseok, one of Seokjin's OTP, enter the classroom and take a seat beside a blonde-haired boy. He walks up to Hoseok and is just about lean down towards the boy's ears, when a booming voice and a blinding light fills the classroom. When he opens his eyes, he's back in Heaven with a very infuriated Seokjin glaring at him.

"What the-"

"You can't use my OTP to help out YOUR OTP, you !" Seokjin yells at the boy and slams his fist against the God's forehead.

Jungkook winces slightly and curses, creating thunder out of thin air, which is once again sent into the Thunder Bank. "What the Devil!?"

Seokjin places his hands on his hips, and like a human mother, chides, "You cannot use Hoseok and Taehyung or any other Human to help you in this deal, Jungkook!"

"Why not? There's no rule against it!"

Seokjin rolls his eyes and flicks the God's forehead, creating another thunderstorm due his curses, and explains, "we can't manipulate a Human's thoughts, and you know that!"

Jungkook growls and huffs; a small thunderstorm and lightning bolts are created; and agrees with a snarl, "fine!"

Another loud bang and blinding light later, Jungkook opens his eyes again to find himself back in the classroom. He sees that the students are all in their rightful places and a Professor is currently taking class. With a sigh, Jungkook sits back into the seat next to Yoongi and closes his eyes as he slumps his head against the desk in front of him.

This, was really, very hard.

*****

Jungkook is waiting at the bus stop with Yoongi. The sky has turned dark and the last bus for the night has left about five minutes ago.

Of course, Jungkook is behind this all. Having hidden Yoongi's ledger where he writes his songs in a random desk, Jungkook had first made sure Yoongi would be at least ten minutes late for the bus, before teleporting into Jimin's dance studio and tripping the boy by tying his shoelaces together. The God shrugs walking away from the scene back to the University. Jimin is taking a long time to make his appearance, Yoongi is boring, and Jungkook doesn't want to go spend the rest of the night watching the boy write or listen to music. So, he decides to go back to Jimin and try his luck there.

But, as fate would have it, just as he turns the corner the odd and rather fitting image of Jimin running towards him greets him. For a second, Jungkook fears they might crash and he squats down defensively, only getting up, rather embarrassed, after Jimin passes through his celestial body and once again falls flat on the ground. And Jungkook thinks he's gotten back at the boy for scaring him.

But Jungkook feels really bad. And if it were not for Yoongi, who had raced to Jimin's side in record time, Jungkook would've helped the boy himself. But he doesn't because this is the perfect timing! Jungkook runs to the couple's side, watching them, once again, give each other the heart eyes.

As if sensing a presence beside them, Jimin clears his throat and once again grabs at Yoongi's extended hand pulling himself off the ground. He quietly dusts his jeans before turning to Yoongi. The elder sends him a smile that even Jungkook can see melts the boy.

"Thanks" Jimin mutters, rubbing the back of his neck. He chuckles uneasily as he walks back to the bus stop, Yoongi following him with starry eyes.

"You two are obviously Soulmates!" Jungkook screams after the boys. "Kiss and get this over with already!" Of course both Yoongi and Jimin are oblivious to the presence of their creator as they continue their first ever conversation.

"Don't worry about it." Yoongi exclaims, showcasing his gummy smile. And Jungkook rolls his eyes because see Jimin! He's smiling his Sugar Smile! He only does that for you, idiot! "I'm just worried about how much you fall all the time."

Jimin giggles uneasily at that before his eyes sparkle, and retorts back cheekily, "well I've got you to save me, so I think I'm okay."

Yoongi whistles, before smiling a gummy smile once again. "I didn't know you could flirt?" Neither did I!? Jungkook screams at Jimin with wide eyes and a hanging mouth. The younger boy simply chuckles at the paler, elder one, before turning red.

And Jungkook decides that all these two need now, is rain. And just like that clear night sky, turns into a grey canvas pouring down on them.

"!" Jungkook hears Jimin mutter, as the boy picks up his bag from where he dropped it on the ground under the bus stop. He watches the boy search his bag for something.

Yoongi, who simply moved further into the bus stop's shade quirks his eyebrows at the boy and asks in an amused tone. Of course he's amused. "What are you looking for?"

Jimin doesn't reply but turns to the elder with a big grin and an orange and green, polka dotted umbrella in hand. And had Jungkook been visible to the humans, they'd have seen the God jump in the air in triumph and dance around silly yelling Yes! Yes! Yes! Jimin has an UMBRELLA!!! at the top of his lungs. The excited God calms down soon enough, then walks towards the pair and watches with anticipation at what will happen next.

"Lucky you" Yoongi states with a dry chuckle. He eyes the rain and brings his jacket closer to his face as the cold starts biting through the thick layer. Jungkook rolls his eyes, yet again, at that and screams into Yoongi's ear, You've known him for Three ing YEARS! You know Jimin will offer you the umbrella!!!

And just like Jungkook had yelled into Yoongi's ears, even though the other didn't hear it, Jimin frowns and with a full on pout and his head cocked to the left asks naively, "but I was gonna offer it to you too."

Okay! He's cute! Jungkook cheers to the Heavens above, knowing well enough that Seokjin would be watching. A lightning strikes through the sky and Jungkook knows Seokjin heard him.

Of course the lighting serves to make Yoongi jump to his feet and under

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter