Comfort Zone

Touch

Changing schools just before his third year wasn't the most pleasing decision Taekwoon had done in his life. But he has no other choice. His dad was finally going to be stationed to a single place after jumping from place to place because of work. Also, it won't be just him. His three older sisters in college would be moving out of their dorms, too. They would finally live in one house again.

 

It may not look like such a big thing, but it is for someone as shy as Taekwoon. Moving would mean meeting new people, would mean a whole new environment and tons of adjusting.

 

"If you get lonely, just skype us." Yixing said as he helped Taekwoon pack the last of his belongings. It would be sad to leave his roommate for three years. He had been staying in the dorms ever since his third year of middle school and Yixing, a Chinese student, had been his roommate and friend. They were both rather quiet. Yixing for being a foreign student and Taekwoon just because he is. They clicked instantly with their mutual love for music, nonetheless and had appreciated each other's presence despite the stretch of silence.

 

"Or if we have time, we can visit. And you can visit us if you have time." Sunggyu added.

 

"I can't believe you both are leaving me on the same day." Yixing complained.

 

Taekwoon didn't expect it either. They've known way before that Sunggyu would need to move away for college, being one year ahead of his two friends. But Taekwoon's move was a surprise. It was just a month ago when he received a call from his mom, asking him if he would be willing to move out of the dorms and change school because they can finally stay in one place. It had been hard to say yes, but it was harder to turn down his mom, not when she sounded so happy over the thought of finally living together with her kids again.

 

"I'll call often." Taekwoon said as he zipped his bag. As he turned around, he saw Yixing with a small smile on his face. He could've fooled anyone with that smile, but not Taekwoon. He had known Yixing long enough to know that he's trying not to cry.

 

"Yixing..."

 

"Don't. I'm trying not to cry here. So just. Don't." Yixing said with a shake of his head. "Just don't forget about us. About Sunggyu-hyung and about your dear roommate, okay? And remember that we're both just a call away."

 

There was the sound of someone sniffing and both boys turned to the direction of the door and found Sunggyu quietly wiping the tears that had betrayed him.

 

"Hyung..."

 

"Hey! It isn't my fault. You guys are the one being cheesy here!" Sunggyu whined as he wiped his face furiously.

 

Without their notice, tears had also streamed down both of Yixing and Taekwoon's face, then they all burst out into a fit of laughs.

 

"We look stupid." Sunggyu said as the final traces of laughter faded.

 

"I hate you guys! I was trying not to cry!" Yixing mumbled through his hands.

 

"Blame Sunggyu-hyung." Taekwoon said as he wiped his face.

 

"You guys better call me a lot! College will be hella stressful without you guys around to bother me!" Sunggyu said, pointing at the two younger males.

 

It was hard. But Taekwoon was thankful that he would always have friends he can turn to when things get a little too much for him to handle.

 

------------------

Akira: This was supposed to just be a long oneshot but I figured it would be better chaptered so here it is ^^

 

Hakyeon isn't in this chapter yet but rest assured that he'll be in chapter 2 ^^

 

Chapter 2: More Than A Handshake