You are the Ra-on who filled my world

You are the Ra-on who filled my world to the brim

Moonlight drawn by the clouds~
Character: Hong Ra-On
Lee Yeong (Jeoha)

Chapter 1: You are the Ra-On who Filled my World to the Brim

Continues

Yeong takes her hands, and asks, “Then who are you?” Ra-on look at him as she guesses, “In the nation you will make, your first citizen?” Yeong shakes his head; that’s not what he’s thinking of. Ra-on thinks again. “The one who came to you in the appearance of a eunuch, your first love?” That’s not it either, so she asks, “Then who am I?” He replies, “You are the Ra-on who filled my world to the brim.” She smiles happily, and he swoops in to kiss her. He pull out of the kiss as he look at her smiling as she smiled back to him. He said looking straight into her eyes, "Remember who you are" she said sweetly to him "Yes, your highness" he entwined his finger in her as they continue walking surrounded by flower. 

At the palace, as the regular morning routine, Eunuch Jang said in his loud but nice tone "Jeoha are you awake?" Yeong said in a happy voice "Come in" Eunuch Jang smiled as he quickly open the door. As he was dressing Yeong he said to him "Do your best, Jeoha" since he have a meeting.  Yeong smile and said "Thanks" Eunuch Jang ask "Jeoha may I ask you something?" Without hesitation Yeong reply "Ask away" Eunuch Jang said before clearing his throat "Eunuch Hong So--" but before he could finish his sentence he quickly corrected himself and continues, " Hong Ra-On I mean, how is she?" Yeong look at him.

Eunuch Jang continue to dress him as he added "She's hasn't been to the palace for a while now, is she doing well?" Yeong frowned and said pouting "She's was too busy writing her master piece, well writing my life story to even let me see her face" Eunuch Jang smiles and said "What did she write, Jeoha?" Yeong smiled as he said looking at him "Moonlight Drawn by the Clouds, she called it. A crown prince who undergoes a lot of hardship to be a good king to the nation" Eunuch Jang said to him as he put his hat on his head "You, it's about you" Yeong shook his head saying yes.

Teacher Dasan informs Yeong about what on his schedule for the rest of the evening he pouts and said to Teacher Dasan "So much, I won't have time for Ra-On" Teacher Dasan smiled and said to him "Jeoha, my granddaughter you'll have plenty of time to see her" he rolled his eyes cutely as Dasan handed him a letter for him to write. Meanwhile Hong Ra-On is in her bookstore, when a young man came into the store asks for romance advice from her. As she sat down listening to the man  telling him about the women he's trying to confess to, her mind thought about Yeong. Knowing she won't be able to see him today since he was busy in the palace.

When night fall, as Ra-On was about to close her store, a man walked in. Without looking at him she said to him "Sorry but were close, please come back tomorrow" hearing that his eyes widen as he said in his grumpy tone of voice "I came all this way to see you, and all you can say is come back tomorrow " hearing his voice she quickly turn around to see him. Seeing him she smile as she ask "Jeoha, what are you doing there so late?" He puffed his face as he said whining "I came to see your face" she came closer to him as she look at him. She said to him smiling "I'm happily that you came" a smile form his lip as he try to hide it. 

As they sat down, he look at her and shook his head looking at him she ask "Why?" He said to her "This won't work" she ask curiously "What's won't?" He said in a serious tone "Come back to the palace to stay. I miss you like crazy not seeing your face for even a second. Not knowing what your up to drive me crazy all day" she smiled hearing that. She said to him "I missed you too, like crazy worrying about what trouble your causing to the eunuch especially Eunuch Jang in the palace" he gave her a long stare as he said "It's not like I cause trouble all the time" she laughed at him and said "You do" he said to her seeing her laughing "Stop laughing, that an order" she gave him a face knowing he always give her order.

He said lowering his tone of voice "Come back to the palace" she said to him "Jeoha, I--" he stop her from talking and said to her "Call me by my name Lee Yeong" she quickly look at him. He said to her "Instead of Jeoha when we're together call me Lee Yeong" she smiled at him as he quickly added "That's an order" she smiled at him as she said "Everything is an order to you" he give her a serious face. She quickly gave in and said "Alright, Lee Yeong" a smile form on his lip hearing his name since he hardly hear his name. All he hears is Jeoha. She look at him as he said "I really mean it, come back" meaning that palace. She look at him wondering if he know she isn't a eunuch anymore and she isn't a court lady to be in the palace. 

He look at her and said seeing her not saying anything "Why aren't you replying?" She said in a low voice "I don't belong in the palace anymore" he quickly said "Why not? Say who?" She wiggle her nose as she get up and went to fix her book on the shelve. Seeing that she's avoiding the question got up and ask curious "Why aren't you answering me? You don't want to?" She turn to face him. Looking at him she said as she moved a little closer to him "I'm not a eunuch anymore neither am i--" he quickly cuts her off not letting her finish her sentence as he said "As my women, not as a eunuch or just a court lady but as my only women" she stare at him.

He added "I told you once I'm king, I'll make you my first person, didn't I?" She stare at him and shook her head. She wanted to change the subject so she tell him he should go before the palace guard start looking for him since he wonder around out the palace late. But knowing how he is he complain saying he'll miss her and he wants to see her face a little more before he go. So they spends time chatting and playing around before they parted.

But back at the palace, Yeong couldn't sleep he was thinking back to his conversation with Ra-On about moving to the palace and how she try to avoid the question. He ask himself "What was she thinking?" He lay down thought filled his head about her. As Ra-On lay down with her moms thinking about Yeong asking her to move into the palace as his person. She tossed a few more times before she falls asleep.

A couple of days passed,  Lee Yeong mood wasn't so great when Eunuch Jang came to dress him. Seeing him in a sulky mood asked "Is there something bothering, Jeoha?" He took a deep breath and said "Does it show on my face?" meaning that something bothering him. Eunuch Jang told said "Yea" he continue to be in his mood. The thing that bother him was that he was upset at Ra-On for not showing up as she said she would. She told him she would stop by the palace to visit him at drawn, but she didn't show up causing him to wait by himself. Eunuch Jang said to him "Did you meet Hong Ra-on last night?" He pouted like a child as he said "Aniya" Eunuch Jang said quickly "Why? She came by the palace" hearing that he quickly ask "What? She did?" Jang said to him "Yea" he asks "When?" Jang said to him "Before the sun set" hearing that he couldn't believe he thought she didn't come. He couldn't believe she came and he didn't get to see her.  He quickly rushed out of the room leaving Eunuch Jang to rush after him. 

Back at Hong Ra-On home, as she was helping her grandfather, a male figure walked into their yard. As they both looked up they saw a man, wearing a hat that cover his face. As the male figure raised his head, Ra-On face stare at him seeing that it's Kim Byung. Seeing him her face light up happy that he's safe she said tear forming in her eye, "Ya Kim-Byung where have you been? Do you know--" he stopped her from talking said "Aish your so noisy" she quickly hugged him. Happy that he's was alive, since she last saw him when he was injured and left without saying anything as of where he would be. 

As they sat down, he told her about what he's been doing. He tells her he been around the area quite often. She asks "Why are you coming now? Jeoha, been worrying about you since you left like that." Kim-Byung said to her "I--just didn't know how to face the two of you, especially Jeoha." She stare at him as she said "It's been hard on you right?" He looked down she said "He's waiting for you, so visit him" he smiled at her. 

As Lee Yeong was about to leave, he stops and look at a Kim-Byung but began walking again believing that it's a illusion of his dear friend. As Kim-Byung stood there, as he watched Lee Yeong stops again as he turn his head to see Kim-Byung standing there not moving. Not being able to say anything, Kim-Byung clear his throat and ask "Jeoha" hearing his voice Yeong ask "Are you really here? Am I seeing thing?" He looked dumbfounded. Kim-Byung told him that it's really him and ask how's been doing. Knowing since he watched after him. As they saw down, Yeong ask mad "Now you appear? Where have you been all this time? Do you know how worried I was not knowing if you were alive or dead?" Kim-Byung knows he's must have been worried as he ask "Should I answer all those questions?" Yeong said quickly "Of course, you must." Kim-Byung said to him in a low voice "Jeoha" Yeong look at him. 

Yeong said " Why? Are you upset at me? Is that why you disappeared like that?" Kim-Byung looked down as he said to him "For not being able to protect you, also Hong Ra-On, in the most important time, I'm truly sorry. For putting you in danger when I--" Yeong didn't let him finish he said to him "You did more than enough. You were by my side up until you disappeared. I told you before in the world the only person I trust the most would be you." Hearing that Kim-Byung felt touch. Yeong said smiling to him "After all we're friends" as a smile form on Kim-Byung lip. 

Kim-Byung asks, " May I ask a question, Jeoha?" Without a second Yeong said "What?" Kim-Byung ask shyly "You didn't get married? I would have thought you and Hong Ra-On would already" Yeong face changed to a serious expression as he said "I would think so too, but that's person is difficult" hearing that Kim-Byung laughed. Yeong quickly stare at him and ask "Are you laughing?" Kim-Byung quickly bite his lip and said "No" Yeong said grumpily "You are" Byung said cutely "You better hurry because a lot of men is all around her at her store" hearing that Yeong eye widen as he ask "What? She's isn't allow to look at another men?" Byung smiled. Knowing how much he loves Ra-On. Yeong ask him "You visit Ra-On?" Byung agree, Yeong said mad "You visit her first and not me? I'm your friend and-" Byung cut him off and said "She's my friend too beside I came from that side first" Yeong smiled happy that his friend was back and safe as ever.

Yeong came and order Ra-On to go for a walk since she refuse his offer. He pouts, looking at her knowing she must have been mad about yesterday since he didn't show up. She avoid his eyes as she said "Do you have something to say? I'm busy" hearing her say that he said quickly "I'm the king, I should be busy isn't that right? But your busy?" She puffed her face at him. He laughed at her reaction as she said "Then if you busy, go." He couldn't believe her right now. He stare at her as she avoid his eyes he said in a low voice "Look at me?" She lift her head up as she met his eyes. He said in a gentle voice "So your mad aren't you? I waited for you last night, but you didn't show up so I thought you weren't coming so I left. I was wrong for leaving. So, don't be mad. I'm sorry for keeping you waiting, if I had known you would come I wouldn't have left. I'm sorry." She look at him knowing he apologize quick. 

A smile form on her lip as she said "You give in quickly" hearing that he raise his eyebrows and said "Are you playing with me?" She said to him "I'm sorry for leaving and not waiting a little longer for you." He smiled as he held her hand. As they were walking, she told him about  Kim-Byung. She ask if he would be in the palace with him now that he's back. But he told her that he needed to talk to Kim-Byung another time about staying at the palace but for right now he's just happy his friend is back. 

He stop walking and look at her with a serious expression she look at him and ask "Jeoha--" she stop and correct herself "Lee Yeong, what are wrong?" He frown as he said like a jealous child "I hear you get a lot more man at your book store?" She look at him and smile and said said not realizing what he was trying to say "Yes, it's packed with man trying to get advice" hearing that he shook his head side to side as he said " Just look at you smiling, you must be happy to have all the man in your store?" She said quickly "Of course I get a lot of business" he puffed his face jealous and he said "Good for you, you sure doing well." She agree.

Seeing how clueless she is said "I should just shut your store down that way you don't get any" she stare at him and ask "What with you?" He stare at her and he said "Aren't I enough for you? How much man do you need?" She couldn't believe he jealous a smile form on her lip and she said cutely "Wow, I guess even a king get jealous" hearing that he quickly said "Aren't I human? Aren't I a man?" She smile as she said to him "There no reason to feel jealous, I only look at you." Hearing that a shy smile form on his lip. He smile as he look at her "Only me?" She nodded as she ask "Are you still going to shut it down?" He raise his shoulder saying he doesn't know she walked ahead of him. As he quickly follow and grab her hand jokingly telling her he will think about it.

A few days later~

Back at the palace, the king was in the garden reading a book this time it's was the book Ra-On wrote he smiled as he complained that she made him look terrible although he was thrilled that she wrote about him. He quickly smirk when he thought about something he quickly got up and head to see Ra-On grandfather.

Although the king is still young, the counsel was talking about marriage telling the king that he should get married since it's time, he quickly smiled at teacher Dasan. He had ask Ra-On grandfather about having her back in the palace, but not like how it was before he want her to be in the palace and be allow to go out outside the palace as she wants since he know what's it's like to be trapped somewhere and not be able to go as you wish but more importantly he wanted to give her a place for her to call home since she's never had a home to called home.  But grandfather had ask him if he wanted his grandfather to come in as a court lady to which he quickly refused saying he want her to be by his side and only him. Grandfather know how mature and how great he was raised meaning the way he think and how he put people first. He grant his permission for him to marry his granddaughter but, only if her mom and most importantly if Ra-On agrees. 

At first Ra-On mom hesitate since she's scared of having her daughter in the palace, but she give her permission since she's will be marry to the king and since they love each other. After getting permission from them, all he needed was to ask her himself. He told eunuch Jang who was more happy than the king himself about him asking Ra-On to marry him. Also Kim Byung who was happy to hear that, was planning on helping him also he was returning to be by his highness side not only as a body guard but someone who is needed in the palace and also as his friend.

Ra-On was surprised to see Kim Byung again asking if he came to visit her, he told her that Lee Yeong wanted a book that she wrote about him. She told him that she already give me one to which Kim Byung said that he actually burn it's by accident. Hearing that she ask what kind of person he is to burn a book, especially one with the king face on it. He apologize and said that he wanted another copy to which she give to him, but he refuse saying that the king would like it to be deliver by the writer. Hearing that she quickly told him to take it to him since she can't close the shop yet. He told her that his highness said if she don't bring it herself he'll close the shop down to which she quickly agree. 

At the palace, eunuch Jang was happy to see Ra-On to which he smiled widely asking why she doesn't come to visit often since his highness is grumpy to which she smiled. He told her his highness is waiting for her in the garden. She's made her way in the garden to see his sitting there as he pretend to read. Looking at him she said "Your highness" he hides his smile as he turn to face her he ask "You took long enough to come" she puffed her face as she said "Yea I had to leave work early" he said to her "Did you bring it?" Meaning that book she handed it to him.

She ask as she handed it "Why didn't you come for it yourself instead of sending Kim Byung when he's busy already. Seeing you have nothing better to do should have come instead " hearing that he ask eyes widen "Kim Byung is busy? I'm the king I'm more busy" looking at him she said "Kim Byung is busy working and your here doing what exactly?" He look at her pushing his button. He pouted as she said cutely "Why haven't you come? I missed you" hearing that a shy smiled form on his lip as he look at her. 

He put the book down as said to her "Tsk Tsk...if you missed me you should have come to visit me" she quickly said "How can I come anytime I want? I don't belong here" hearing that he give her a serious expression as he came closer to her. She looked at him as he said to her "You don't want to live here? With me?" She look at him wondering why he's saying that. She said in a low voice "Jeoha" he said to her "I told you before I'll make you my first person" She stare at him not giving her time to reply said "We had our first kiss here, this is where you first come to me as a woman and I'll ask you this first here" she stare at him.

He look at her and said in a low voice "Ra-On marry me?" She look at him as she stutter as she said "Jeo--Jeoh--Lee Yeong" he look at her as he came closer to her and held her hand she look at the hand he told as he said "Marry me?" She was shocked not knowing what to say to him knowing she would love to marry him but he's the king and she just a regular woman with nothing. After a few long seconds she said to him "No" hearing that he wasn't expecting that more like a yes. His eyes widen as he ask "No? No? Why?" She bit her lip as she said " No-it's just--are you really asking that?" He look at her and said shaking his head "Hmm I'm" still not fully progressing it ask "Why? Why me?" He stare at her looking at her asking that said loud "Why you? Clearly because I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you." She stare at him.

"Marry me? Huh?" He asked again as she shook her head agreeing seeing that he smiled as he ask "Yes? That's a yes?" She smiled and she said cutely "Yes" he said quickly "That's a order you must take responsibility for" she puffed her face as she said to him "Everything is a order" he pulled her toward him and he look at her. He said to her "I missed you like crazy for the past few days, your not allowed to leave my sights from here on" she said smiling "I'll stuck to you all day" with that he agreed as he scoop her in for a kiss.

As time passed, Ra-On and Lee Yeong married and now have two children, the first was a boy named Jae-Yi who is now 2 and the second is a little girl named Heo-On who's is just a few days old. The king who's working his hardest to make the place where their more opportunities for men and women although it's not easy since sometime his plan fails. He still try his hardest for his people as best as he can. And as a husband and father, that come first. Since his wife and himself is raising their childrens, he hope one day that his children's will both make Joseon a place where their people will be their main focus and treat every single person from the poor to the rich the same and equal way. The way his mom had taught him he planning on using to teach his children. 

His son ran up to Ra-On as she quickly lift him up asking if he's want to play. As she playing with her son, Yeong came holding his daughter in his hand as he smiled.  Seeing his father, his son ran up and grabbed his leg as he asked to be picked up. He look at his son pulling his leg calling cutely  "Appa" Ra-On smiled as she took their daughter from him as he picked up his son giving him all his attention and love since he's know that important. He look at his wife and said "Go rest" since it's hasn't been a week since she gave birth to their daughter. He told her "Go, I'll take care of them, and Eunuch Jang so go rest." She look at him.

She's told him she wasn't tired but he called Eunuch Jang to take her to rest since she's stubborn as always telling her to sleep since he'll watch their children. Later that night, Ra-on and Yeong went on a walk in the palace as he held her hand he look at her and came in front of her and said "Get on" her eyes widen as she ask "Huh? No" he said to her "Get on" she look around and said to him "What if anyone see?" He said quickly "So? I can do that to my wife if I want, now get on" she quickly smiled as she got on.

He smile as he piggy back her she said to him "I can walk" he said to her "I know but I still want to do it" she smiled. He ask her "Should we go see the lantern festival?" She quickly said to him " How did you know I was going to ask that?" He smirk and said "I'm pretty smart plus I know you well" she said cutely "I know you too well too" he said sweetly to her "I know I don't say it a lot these days but Hong Ra-On I love you" she smile as she said in his ear "I know even if you don't say it, I love you too" he smiled with that as he ran with her on his back, playing and fooling around as Eunuch Jang and Kim-Byung watches with a smile on their face knowing that the love between them is too precious and because of the way they are, they know that their children's will grow up to make Joseon a even better place just as their mother the queen and their father the king who is trying their hardest. 

As Yeong once said that in the new Joseon that he'll create "I would like for children to live as children, and for women to be able to live happily as women.” slowly by slowly both he and Ra-On and his staffs are working their best to make their country better.

The End~