Chapter 1

Miracle [One Shot]-Part 1 (Prequel to Twice And No More)

 

English version

[Ten years ago]

"Daughter! Where are you? Quickly come out. Aaron is about to leave!" Guigui's mother shouted loudly.

“Mummy! Is Lunlun really going to leave? He promised that he will always be with me, protecting me.” The ten year old Guigui was making a fuss.

Guigui pulled her mother and rushed to Aaron’s house. “I’m going to ask him myself.”

“Lunlun! Are you still here?” Guigui searched the house a few times.

“Mummy, Lunlun really left.” She squatted down, with her head buried in her own hands.

“Don’t be like this, daughter. Aaron’s father had to go to Hong Kong to continue his enterprise for years. That’s why the whole family had to move there as well.” Her mother replied.

Guigui cried loudly, not wanting to go back over her dead body, saying she want to wait for Aaron to come back.

--------------------------

The alarm clock rang. She stretched her hands and yawned. Sitting straight on her bed, she looked at the pictures on her bed shelf. Her first love, the one she’s waiting for for the past ten years.

“Daughter, are you awake?” Her mother knocked onto the door and entered her room.

“Good morning, Mummy!”

“It’s not early now. What’s the time already? You got to prepare for lessons.” Guigui’s mother frightened Guigui.

“Ahh!” Guigui jumped out of the bed and rushed into the toilet.

Her mother stood in the room and laughed at her daughter.

“That little girl, she can’t tell that I lied to her again.”

----------

“Mummy, I’m going off now.” Guigui held her sandwich and ate in one hand, and carried her bag in the other, and went for lessons.

Guigui is the smartest and the most caring girl in her college. Everyone is fighting to be her friend. But Guigui only befriends with people who are caring and humble. Not with some people, who only uses Guigui to gain their popularity.

Upon reaching her college, she went to her locker to look for her best friend, Rainie Yang.

They have known each other for about eight years.

“Boo, Guigui!” A girl with a sweet and cute voice patted Guigui’s shoulder.

“Aiyoh, you can’t scare me, Rainie.”

“I heard that someone jumped off her bed to the toilet again. True, only your mother is able to scare you.”

Soon, they reached outside their homeroom.

“Guigui is here!” Their chairperson shouted across the room.

“Die, they are sure to ask me to have lunch with them.”

Guigui stopped her track, planning to walk away. But unfortunately, she was held back by a few girls.

“Why are you avoiding us? My dear Guigui, don’t think you are still that popular. We are now more popular than you,” Jolin Tsai, a tall girl, with s that looks like it’s filled with tissue papers, said arrogantly.

“Sorry Jolin, I didn’t think that I’m popular. It’s just that I have a stomachache and I want to use the toilet.” Guigui said apologetically.

“I hope it’s true.” Hebe, the girl standing beside Jolin, threatened Guigui.

Rainie pulled Guigui and whispered, “We better go first.”

----------

“I heard that there’s a new student today. I wonder if it’s a handsome dude.” Rainie said with a silly smile.

A tall guy, with thick eyebrows and lips that look like the fish’s mouth, stood outside the homeroom.

“Alright class, let us welcome our new classmate, Aaron Yan!” Mrs Fang invited Aaron in.

Aaron bowed to the class politely, “Please guide me along.”

‘Aa... Aaron? Is he… Lunlun?’ Guigui thought.

Ever since Aaron had left, Guigui became depressed. For the past ten years, he resembles Invisible man. No matter how Guigui tried to find her first love, she’s unable to do so.

“Be more attentive, Guigui.” Mrs Fang scolded her.

‘Guigui? Not many girls have this name, but it wouldn’t be her right?’ Aaron thought.

----------

Rainie followed behind Aaron.

“Aiyoh, my best friend, can you stop following him? I’m hungry!” Guigui pouted.

“Wu Guigui, be quiet! If he finds out we are following him, we will be in trouble.”

“Okay, I’ll keep my mouth shut.” Guigui covered .

Aaron halted and turned behind.

“You’re Guigui?” He asked.

Guigui nodded her head and then tilted it.

Aaron scanned her from head to toe and noticed a necklace on her neck.

“That’s…” Aaron pointed at Guigui’s neck.

“Oh, my first love gave me this necklace ten years ago. But he had left me.” Guigui sighed.

‘That’s weird, that necklace looks like the one I had given to my first love. Can… it be her?”

----------

Guigui walked back home, with her mother at the door waited for her.

“Why are you so late?”

“Mummy! There’s a new student today. His name is Aaron. And he looks like Lunlun,” As she carried on, tears rolled down her cheeks.

“Good girl, don’t cry.” Guigui’s mother hugged her.

“Mummy, I remembered Lunlun promised me that he would not leave me at all. He lied to me! Mummy… In the past, we used to play hide-and-seek, play cooking. Does he knows that I still miss him? All these years, I didn’t even receive any of his calls or letters. Did he forget me? I… I can’t forget him, can’t don’t miss him.”

Outside Guigui’s house hid a young man. After he heard her words, tears dropped.

----------

Guigui reached her college early and saw a pink metal box on her table. Inside contained many letters, all written to her.

‘Eh? Who wrote this to me? Why is there so many letters?’ thought Guigui.

At a corner, he was observing her. ‘Hope Guigui will read the letters and find me soon…”

Guigui sat on her seat and opened each letter at a time.

The first letter wrote:
[url]http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm215/esteeat3/miracle01.jpg[/url]

Guigui continued to read, until the 46th letter, she started to cry.

The 46th letter wrote:
[url]http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm215/esteeat3/miracle02.jpg[/url]

“Aaron…” Guigui cried out his name.

She took out the last letter, wanting to open it up, yet she was afraid that it’s the last letter Aaron had left for her.

The last letter wrote:
[url]http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm215/esteeat3/miracle03.jpg[/url]

‘Two o’clock? I… miss him so much.’

Guigui ran into the toilet and wiped her tears dry.

‘I must show my best form to him.’

----------

‘It’s already two o’clock, is she going to come?’ Aaron thought.

Then, he saw a familiar figure.

“Guigui, I’m here!” He waved at her.

‘It’s really him!’ Guigui felt happy.

Aaron smiled happily at Guigui, walked towards her and then hugged her.

“I miss you a lot! Sorry, I’m really sorry!” Aaron cried.

Guigui hugged Aaron back.

“Lunlun! I’m really happy to see you again!”

“Do you hate me?”

“I did at first, but when I know you still remember and miss me, I’m not already.” Guigui smiled foolishly.

“Sorry Guigui. At that time, we had an argument and I thought you don’t want to care about me, don’t like me anymore. So I didn’t bother you, didn’t let you know I’m leaving. I didn’t know that I had made you so sad. It’s my fault, sorry…” Aaron gave himself a tight slap on his cheek.

“Don’t be silly. I didn’t blame you at all. At least now you can fulfil your promise to me. Remember what you had promised me ten years ago?”

“Of course I remember. I said I will forever stay by your side, never leave you alone.”

“But… what about your parents? Didn’t they not want you to hang out with me?”

“Guigui, I’m already an adult. I do not need their permission to be with who.”

“Lunlun!”

They hugged each other again.

After ten years of separation, they still love each other deeply. It has shown people the magic of real love. They had finally get together and no matter what happens in the future, they still believe in each other.

----------

19 August 2008