- CHAPTER 14.

Regret.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“I’m home.”

“Welcome home.” Narae welcomed her husband and added, “Go change and shower first, okay? Dinner is almost ready.”

Sehun took off his shoes and walked further into his apartment, a smile etched on his face as he eyed his wife who was too busy preparing the dinner for both of them without even bother to turn around and go to give him a hug at all. Sehun took off his long coat and placed it down on the couch together with his bag, he walked towards Narae quietly.

Narae was surprised when a pair of strong arms wrapped around her petite body. She sighed in relief after she heard his voice, turning around to smile at her husband who was already hugging her body from behind. As she turned her head slightly, Sehun took the chance to steal a kiss from her pinkish lips.

“Mhmm...” Narae whined lowly and Sehun was only chuckling at the reaction before he placed his chin on top of her shoulder. He swayed their bodies together and mumbled lowly,

“What is this?”

“Kimchi stew.”

“Kimchi stew? Oh! I still remember I ate one that you cook and it was delicious.”

“It does? I thought you don’t like it at all.”

“I never told you yet, am I right?”

“Tell me what?”

Narae raised an eyebrow and she glanced towards Sehun, anticipating for his answer. Sehun also glanced towards Narae and both of them were staring into each others’ eyes momentarily. Sehun smiled. He leaned closer to press his lips against her cheek as he whispered.

“Tell you how I actually love your cook. I don’t want to admit it before because of my ego but I don’t think I can let my ego won again this time.”

“No wonder you always finish your food, hm?”

Sehun nodded his head and then burying his face in the crook of her neck.

“Now, now go change your clothes and take your shower while I serve all these food for you, okay?”

Narae said as she turned off the stove and slowly turning her body around to face him, cupping his cheek gently and running her thumb across gently. Sehun lifted his head and looked at her longingly with his lips happened to jut out slightly, nodding his head obediently. Narae shook her head as she chuckle at the reaction her husband gave, slowly preparing all those food and serving them onto the dining table as Sehun went to take his shower.

She poured the rose syrup drinks into two glasses and then she took a seat across Sehun, gesturing him to start dig in. Sehun looks good with black knitted shirt matched with a light grey coloured pants, sitting down and slowly slurping onto the stew prepared by his wife. He was humming delightedly as the taste melt onto his taste buds.  

“Baby.”

“Hm?” Narae hummed shortly, shifted her gaze from those food in her plate to pay attention to Sehun.

“I have a request from you and I hope you won’t reject it.”

“What is it? I will try to fulfill it if it is not impossible.”

“What if…”

“What if?”

“What if you bring lunch box to office starting tomorrow, perhaps so we could enjoy our lunch together? Pretty please.”

Narae stared into his eyes sharply and placed down her spoon whilst doing so. Sehun was already swallowing down his lump, avoiding her gaze and looking down to his food. He was already wondering if his request was too much for Narae but soon he heard a laugh across his seat. Narae was laughing and shaking her head. She doesn’t know that her husband could be this soft to get nervous just because she gave him that sharp stare.

“Baby—“

Sehun whined lowly.

Narae nodded her head after she stopped laughing.

“Of course. I will cook well especially your favourite food or just tell me what do you want to eat that day and I will cook, okay?”

Sehun nodded his head and quickly stood up on his feet, approaching his wife to take her empty plate from her. Narae confused. She asked him by only raising an eyebrow.

“I’ll wash the dishes tonight. As a thank you for willing to bring me lunch to office.”

Narae shook her head and stood on her feet as well, taking the plates away from him.

“No. No. No need. I’ll wash it. You just rest okay?”

“No. You sit down. I will wash it, Oh Narae. Don’t be stubborn.”

Sehun said so whilst his hands were collecting all the dirty plates and making his way towards the kitchen, ignoring his wife who tried to stop him. Narae sighed, yet she was smiling on her own. She took her drinks and finished it as she thought to herself.

‘I thought our relationship is not going to work but I guess it is slowly getting better now.’

Without removing the sweet genuine smile she has on her face, Narae tip-toed quietly towards the kitchen and wrapping her arms around his frame. She pressed her cheek against his back, slightly squishing him as she did so. A giggle escaped her lips. Sehun paused. His head slowly lowering down and looked down at the small arms wrapped around his waist. He smiled. So does Narae. She was closing her eyes to inhale to scent of her husband and slightly taken aback when she felt her husband was moving.

Sehun dried his hands and slowly spun around. The edge of his lips tugged into a small smirk when he looked down at his wife. Narae lifted her head up and moved her arms to loosely hook around his neck. Sehun pulled Narae closer by her waist and pressed his lips against the crown of her head then he mumbled sweetly.

“Thank you for delicious meals, my beautiful wife.”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Good afternoon, Mrs. Oh.”

“Good morning.”

It’s a sunny afternoon yet the day was still windy and quite cold outside. It’s the day where Narae had promised Sehun to start making him lunch and bringing it to the office so both of them can enjoy it together. Due to her sudden appearance to the office; she became a topic among those workers who happened to meet her on their ways to lunch or to those just walked around the building to do their works. Everyone was greeting her and she always had this small yet soft and genuine smile on her face, bowing her head down once they greeted her. Few started gossiping and talking about her right after they encounter her.

There was one female worker who walked inside the lift with her friend, she just bought a lunch box to eat at her table due to her hectic schedule and dateline. The female nudged her friend lightly and the latter rose an eyebrow, asking her why.

“Did you see that?”

“See what?”

“Im Narae.”

“Im Narae, who?”

“Narae, the former accountant of this company who got married with the manager from marketing department. Remember?”

“Ah! Manager Oh’s wife! I see her. I see her.” The latter was nodding her head.

“It has been awhile of not seeing her right after she quit, right?”

“Yeah. She never once showed up to the office after she quit but now –“

The female nudged her friend once again and leaned closer to whisper into the latter’s ear.

“I heard they got married because of Mr. Oh, Manager Oh’s father. Mr. Oh wants her to get married with Manager Oh so badly. It’s not that Manager Oh wants to married her first.”

“Ah! So, maybe they just grew closer now and that’s why she finally showed up!”

“Who grew closer?”

The female lowered her head down and nudged her friend harshly for talking out loudly. Both of them were shaking their heads. It was Donghae. Donghae came inside of the lift after going out from the coffee shop their company prepared at the third level. Donghae was holding onto a plastic glass of Iced Café Latte, raising his eyebrow up as he was still waiting for both of the female to answer him. Donghae was a senior to both of them so they just lowered their head, not even dare to speak out now. His eyes were moved from left to the right.

“Hello? Who grew closer?”

Both of the female were keep nudging each other and finally the first female answered, stuttering.

“M-Manager Oh and his wife, Narae.”

The latter nodded her head in agreement and added quietly.

“The old a-accountant.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter