Final: What Adventure?

Surprise : Project Trainee - Task #5

"Is there something on your mind? " Clary Fray murmured as she followed behind Jace Wayland with her horse. He had never been so silent with her before and this made her curious why he was being this way for past few days.

"It's not something I have done,  I hope."

Jace has been riding for almost half an hour. Clary was worried but she didn't get close as Jace had told him he just need some time to be alone. But nevertheless she followed.

The autumn leaves were swiveling around as the wind became stronger.

Suddenly a dazzling light shone before them, she squinted her eyes for a brief moment.Jace's horse was a startled but he managed to calm it down. Then he vanished through the light.

She quicken her horse and rush into it with him. Everything became blurry as she was twirling around like a tornado then she fell down to a hard cold ground.

She picked herself up and searched around. It looked like she was in a basement, she climbed up the stairs and moved slowly trying to find Jace but there was no sight of him. She kept herself as quiet as possible not knowing who or what was in the building.

She heard some noise at the end of the hallway. It seemed to be from inside the room. Curiously but slowly she turned the doorknob to open it. She peeked inside and found Jace was hanging in mid air.

"Jace! " Clary called out.

Jace tried to turn to Clary as he was half choking her name. "Clllaa...ry"

Clary quickly drew a rune to released him . He was scattered and dropped down into the floor.

An invisIble being had made all the things inside the rooml twirling around .

Suddenly she flew up and was being carried around. She felt was being strangled and she was gasping for air.

"I see you brought your girlfriend. " A loud shattering voice echoed through the room. Jace pulled out a weapon as he stuttered a few words while trying to hold on still.

Clary dropped to the ground immediately. She rubbed her head as she sat up.

"Are you okay?" Jace slid closer to Clary and held her . She nodded and noticed the.bruises on Jace's neck.

"You? " she asked touching the bruises on his neck.

"I am fine." He replied.

"Ah... Sorry I have split up you two lovebirds "the same voice rang through the room.

The demon appeared and made a gesture. Both of them were slammed into the wall.

Jace lifted himself up, he was heated up as he watched Clary lying on the ground unconsciously . He drew a rune and blasted the demon. The demon reacted and made the whole place shook.

Clary finally wiggled and got up slowly. Clary saw that Jace was still fighting the hideous scaled creature . She drew another rune to the demon again while struggling to stand still.

Jace teamed up with Clary forcefully bringing the demon down. There were blows every where. At last the demon was destroyed and vanished into thin air. The whole place shook and Have was holding on to Clary tightly while they were once again twirled around like a tornado. They were then zapped back into the road they once disappeared into earlier.

Jace held Clary up and struggled o balance himself. Clary pushed him away then walked ahead of him.

"Wait up Clary. He shouted out and caught up with her. "Were you mad at me? " he asked glancing at her.

She tilted her head and looked at Jace for a moment.

"No." She answered softly. "I am tired, so can we not talk for now. "

"Okay if you said so. " he shrugged and wrapped her in his arms. She frowned a little and looked up at him.

"What's up with you anyway? You are really quiet these few days? "

"Let's get back and Iwill tell you. " he chuckled.

When they reached the institute . Jace led her to the dining hall.

"Surprise! Happy Birthday! " The crowd roared.

Clary looked around as all the other fellow Shadowhunters stood in front of her grinning and smiling at them.

"Hardly believed it's already been a year! " Jace said. "Happy Birthday, Clary. "

"You planned this? " she glanced at Jace.

"We all did this." Jace smirked as he pointed to Alec and Isabelle as came close to them, even Magnus Bate the warlock joined them. Isabelle noticed the bruises and wounds and asked. " what happened to you two?" She touched Clary's arm where there was a cut wound.

"Ah! We got ourselves into an adventure." Jace replied with a chuckle .

Clary glared at him. "Huh? It's more like a near death situation. "

"Are you both okay? " Alec asked with concern.

"We are okay, Alec" Clary replied then she turned toJace again " So Is fighting a demon part of the plan too?" Clary quizzed

"NO! Of course not." He raised his voice a little. "He just got in the way. " "We were almost killed" Clary said with a frown. "That's actually exciting " Jace chuckled . "I was afraid you didn't follow me "

"You're an idiot! " she slapped his arm. Jace held him tightly. "Thankfully we survived "

"I still don't see why you're so silent. " Clary asked.

Jace pulled away and quickly patted his jacket. He pulled out a little box and gave it to her. "Here a present for you! "

She took the box from him and opened it up. She looked in awe at the pretty necklace.

"Well, I was just thinking what to get you, that's all. "Jace scratched his head. He took the necklace

"It's beautiful, thanks Jace " She smiled delightfully at him.

"Now let's celebrate your birthday! " He held his her hand and lead her to the crowd.