001

kalopsia.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER ONE

Park Jaehyung.

Shutting my eyes close, I let the cool wind kiss my cheeks and tousle my hair. My mind and heart are finally one today—right now. They had just shook hands to give the upmost cooperation to me, after being at war for weeks. Finally. Seriously finally.

I feel the buzz in the air, the usual kind before my mind starts churning for ideas and words. I allow myself a bit time to relax all the tight knots before I drop myself on the pavement and lean my head back on the verdigris wall.

Grabbing my guitar that I left standing against the wall, I begin strumming, occasionally changing notes to find the most suitable melody so that it goes well with the concept I've chosen. Which reminds me. That I haven't even choose a concept for this mini album.

Oh snap.

Nah, I'll just jot down the notes so I can choose which one to use later when I finally decide on a concept.

Humming and plucking the guitar, I snap out of my trance when the door kicks open. Seconds later, a girl emerges from the darkness of the staircase.

"Who the are you?" L-M-A-O, she was the one barging in and she's asking me that. Funny. And she's eyeing me like I'm her next meal.

"Just another human being." Sarcasm is always helpful in times like this. Sarcasm is a best friend of mine. We always go hand in hand.

"Don't get smart with me, you nerdie. Who. Are. You?" she points at me with her cig between her fingers with every words she voices.

"Oh, sorry. Wasn't aware an introduction was needed. Hi, I'm Park Jaehyung. You can call me Jae." I slip on a small, taunting smile.

"Cool." And she walks past me and heads on to the other corner of the rooftop that serves a view of a building.

Sliding a lighter from her pocket, she brings it to the end of her cig before litting it up. Inhaling and exhaling a puff of smoke. My eyes follow the cloud of smoke before it disperses into thin air.

I must admit I did try it out once when I was in twelfth grade or something. I was desperate for attention and spotlight back then, that I conceded what the cool kids asked me to do in order to be cool like they were. And it tasted awful. Maybe like how a combination of coffee powder and tea powder would taste like. Not that I ever tried that before. I just didn't know how one can possibly inhale that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter