[One Shot] These Thoughts

These Thoughts

Our backs were facing each other as I lied on his bed.

His mother told me that he wasn’t really looking for visitors, but as his ‘best friend’, she allowed me to go straight to him.

We didn’t see each other during the weekend and it bothered me a lot.

Usually, he would call to tell me to come over to his house and we play video games. If we got bored with it, we would just compose songs. At times, we would watch movies until the sun says goodbye. That’s how it went ever since he tried to talk to me during lunchtime a month ago.

We became friends when he thought I was the one who gave him ‘Pocky’ the day before that, when actually it was someone with the same name as mine, and a year lower than us.

It really bothered me.

These thoughts…these confusing thoughts about Jungkook and me.

Now, we were sort of having a misunderstanding. I thought he was sick, but instead, it seemed that this wasn’t the case. Just like what I was told earlier, ‘he wasn’t looking for visitors’, damn, it had to be something that I did.

Or maybe not.

Or, like what I had thought, he didn’t want to see me at all.

All the thoughts, piling up one after the other, trying to think of where I went wrong in the process, I just couldn’t figure out what it was. I sat up, ignoring his snores, as if I’m solving a problem in Calculus. Jeez, this is really not the time to make myself like this.

“Hmm,” I felt the bed move and saw that he rolled over, now looking at me. Well, not really looking, but he was facing at me while he was still sleeping.

“Where did I go wrong, Kookie,” I whispered, still looking at him. His eyelashes were long, his nose was a bit pointy, and his lips were of a pinkish shade, until I saw that his eyes were just a few centimeters away from mine. I squealed and jumped out of his bed, straightening my shirt before I stood.

“Um, Jung-Jungkook,” I turned around and he was sitting on the bed, still staring at me, “Sorry, th-that was, um…well, I didn’t mean… I just-”

“You were about to kiss me,” he whispered monotonously.

“Yeah! I mean, NO! Oh jeez, seriously, this is…I will go. I’m sorry.”

I rushed outside and slammed his bedroom door. His mother was, fortunately, outside and didn’t hear anything. I just said a proper goodbye to her, and dashed once again outside the Jeon residence. On my way home, I realized I forgot my phone, tucked below the pillow where I was lying.

“Aish, why did you do that,” kicking and punching, I let out my frustration out.

“Oi, you’re early,” my dad said as he looked from me to the wall clock. Most of the time, I would be back by 8 to 9 in the evening. This time it was only a quarter past 6.

“Well, um,” I walked to the kitchen to get some water, “I…well, Jungkook was sick, so, I figured I would just stay there for a bit, and then go home early.”

My dad just nodded as he was watching a game show, and waved his hand, telling me to go on.

I slumped at my bed and muffled my screams with a pillow. Guilty, I am so guilty of having feelings towards him.

And it’s only a month! I just knew him only for a month and this is so wrong. I was about to prepare dinner when suddenly the doorbell rang.

“I’ll get it,” my dad said. Tying my hair in a bun, I was about to start washing the dishes when my dad called, no, sort of shouted my name.

“Jungkook is here!”

If my reflexes were too slow, three plates would have broken. That can’t be him. After what I almost did, I doubt he would want to even talk to me.

“HEY! I TOLD YOU, JEON JUNGKOOK IS HERE!”

“Fine! FINE!”

And there he was, standing in front of my father, wearing a black beanie, a white shirt, faded ripped jeans, and well, sneakers. Plastered on his face was his soft smile that can light up any bad day. Then, I remembered what I did, which was not fine at all.

“It’s best that I leave you two, then.”

Seriously, I was about to get irritated, when actually I was the one who initiated.

“Jungkook, I’m-”

“I can’t come in?”

“Um,” I chuckled, “We can sit here at the bench. My dad never liked guys to come in.”

Jungkook smirked and nodded. We both slouched and, as I was about to say something, he held my hand, tightly. Our palms together were too much that I decided to let go.

“Why?”

“What do you mean, ‘why?’”

“You let go.”

“Because…”

“Because…?”

“Jungkook, stop,” I stared at him, trying to keep eye contact just so he would know I was serious, “We are friends, right? Friends are friends, and we don’t do that.”

“Why are you feeling dense, then?”

At that point, I wanted to yell at him that I really like him, but it was wrong, so I decided to shut up.

“See? You can’t say anything.”

“Wow, so, just because I’m speechless, it doesn’t mean that I don’t wanna say anything. Well, guess what, you didn’t call for two weeks already. When we were at school and I say ‘Hi’ you would just nod and get on back with your friends. Then, I was worried maybe I did something wrong, but seriously there’s none! Jungkook, this is, argh, this is so hard to explain, but-”

I stopped.

I stopped because he was laughing at me. So, what now? The conversation was too serious on my side. Because of that, he hugged me, and snuggled his nose on my neck.

“Hey! What the-”

“Just keep quiet,” he whispered, “Your father’s gonna kill me if he sees me doing this to you.”

“Really? Hugging me?” I said, squinting my eyes, judging him so much.

“No,” he smiled, “This.”

How can seconds become hours?

His moist lips were making me hungry for him, and once he broke it, all I could think of is how to taste him again.

“Whatever your thoughts were, please set them aside,” he said, as he caressed cheeks and held my chin, “Except one.”

“Which is?”

“That I want to be more than friends, too.”

“Then,” I pouted, “Why were you avoiding me?”

“Because I was falling for you,” he replied, “And I can’t imagine myself without you anymore, so I needed to distract myself. I tried to replace my thought about you with anything else, but, I can’t.”

“So,” I cleared my throat, “Does this mean…”

“I am your boyfriend now,” he said, holding my waist, pushing me towards him. He was about to sneak a kiss again when the window beside us opened.

“Aha! I knew it!”

“DAAAADDDDDDD!!!”