One

Letters From Hae Soo

"You can love a lot of people in this world, but there's always someone that you love the most. For me, that person was you. My one true love, as typical as that sounds. In every essence of the word, you were the one person that I loved the most, to the extent that it terrified me. The first time that I met you, I knew I could never be free of you. You came crashing into my life and invaded my entire world, determined to stay. You stood by my side and threw yourself in dangers path countless times for me and by doing that, you had my heart for life. No matter how much I tried to ignore my feelings for you I just couldn't let you go completely. I know that even if I live a thousand lives I will never love anybody like I loved you and it kills me that for the rest of my life, we will be apart. I wasted so much time going back and forth in fear because it was terrifying how much I loved you and how you completely dominated my world. I regret this every single day. We had so little time to be happy because of this and now I'm paying the price. Sometimes I feel as if I've died. Even though I was the one that threw you away, I miss you. I miss you so much that it hurts me to breathe. Everything reminds me of you and I see you wherever I look. I imagine that you're by my side here in this little house, just you and I, me and you, but when I realize I am alone with just my thoughts of you, I feel like my whole world is crashing down. 

And though I never said the words to you, I hope you at least know now that I loved you. I still love you. You are my moon and my sun and you are the stars that surround me. For as long as you have loved me, I have loved you. I know that you were always doubtful of how deep my love for you ran and that my reluctance to show it scared you but it was always there, even if I wasn't ready to show it, my love for you filled the chasms of my heart and I truly, truly loved you as deeply as you loved me. I understand if you hate me. I'm truly so sorry that I broke my promise to you and that I broke your heart by abandoning you. 

I know by now that you're not coming to see me. I've given hope on ever seeing you again but I hope you at least see this letter and know that I loved you, even if you hate me, I will always love you.