final

babysitter, sort of

When the Jeons parents left them, Jin was already working at a cafe which was owned by his now boyfriend, Namjoon. Jungkook was still in college and Minyeon was problems-free. Now that it has been 5 years after the death of their parents, taking care of Minyeon was really hard since she barely talks to anyone or that she fusses over everything. She has problems her brothers couldn't relate to and her studies weren't really top-notch like back then when she was still 8 years old. Jin paid an old junior of his to tutor Minyeon and surprisingly, Minyeon accepts the offer. Either she liked him or that he is really kind to her. Jungkook knew Jimin would go sooner or later but it seems that he wouldn't leave forever.

Jungkook is preparing to go to bed when Minyeon knocks on his door. Jungkook tells her to come in and she comes in, crashing onto her brother's bed. Jungkook was a little confused but carasses her hair lovingly.

"You know," Minyeon starts off, "Jimin's really nice and all, all of you are great but, no one understands me."

Minyeon sighs, "He is just here to fetch me and send me to to school, helps me with my studies and all those ish. You guys are here to take care of me. I'm grateful, I really am, but," she sighs again, "I don't even know, Kook."

Jungkook smiles, "You're really growing up, huh? You'll get there, slow and steady, no need to rush."

"I guess," Minyeon snuggles herself closer to her brother, "I'm sleeping with you tonight."

"Seems like Seokjin hyung has guest." Minyeon nods.

The two then dozed off.


The next morning as per usual, Jimin was there to send the kid off to school, Jungkook still looking for a job and Jin working at the cafe. The Sun was shining a little too brightly and no clouds were seen. Seemed like a good day, Jungkook thinks. He bumped into Jimin when he was wandering around. The two started to chat for awhile, a little awkward to be alone together. Even though Jimin comes to his house all the time, they rarely talk, just greet and nods. Right now, Jungkook's a little relieved that he has Jimin to take care of Minyeon. Jimin is nice, he listens well and doesn't interupt. There's something about him that makes Jungkook's heart skip a beat.

The two walked around for awhile more before Jimin had to go and fetch Minyeon, Jungkook followed as well. Usually, Minyeon would be sitting at the bench playing with her phone upon waiting for Jimin or she would be walking from the toilet. But there was something odd about today. Jimin and Jungkook tried staying optimistic for the past 10 minutes but Minyeon's shadow wasn't seen anywhere. Jimin began to feel restless, cracking his knuckles every minute. Jungkook's heart began to weigh with worry, he called Jin.

"Hyung, Jimin and I have been waiting outside Minyeon's school for more than 30 minutes now, she's nowhere to be seen." Jungkook's voice trembles.

"You mean she's missing?"

"Hard to say, but, yes."

"Oh my god, I'm coming."

Jin explained the situation to Namjoon and they clsoed the cafe earlier than usual. The rushed to where the other boys were, seeing them with eyes filled with worry and guilt. Jimin hugs Jin, guilt rushing throughout his body, "Hey, it's not your fault."

Jin's heart breaks when Jimin tightens his hold. They calmed themselves down before planning on how to find Minyeon. They started off with finding her inside and outside the school area, positive that she'll be somewhere there. Disappointed, they gathered at the entrance again. Honestly, Jimin wants to cry, he feels bad that Minyeon ran away, but it wasn't his fault like Jin said, it was no one's fault actually, they just don't know why she ran away all of a sudden. The gang went home, all exhausted after finding her at different places. Even Jimin stayed for a night or two.

The past few days were bad, Minyeon doesn't pick up their calls nor replies their messages, she didn't come home even after telling her that Jin cooked her favourite dish. She's been missing for more than four days and everyone is extremely worried. They didn't want to report for a missing child because they felt that she isn't missing, she's just away, for a while. The four sat at the living room, currently brainstorming for places that Minyeon would go, and currently most of the places are not where she was. A few more days of worrying and they filed a report for a missing child.

A week later, they were called to the police station. Jin was the first to hug Minyeon tightly, tears streaming endlessly down his face. He sobs even after everyone gets a turn to hug and apologize to Minyeon. Minyeon apologized when they were on the way to a fast food restaurant, riding in Namjoon's car.

"I didn't know what I was thinking honestly. I thought maybe I could use a little fresh air and truly find myself. Then, come to think of it, I depend a lot on all of you," She looks at everyone, "Maybe a little independance was nice. I needed to understand myself better because," She breathes, "I realized that all of you understood me but I didn't understand myself." Minyeon gave a small smile and apologized again.

The group sighed in relieved, knowing her reason and glad nothing bad happened to her. The group ate in comfort, throwing jokes here and there. On the way home, Minyeon walked with Jimin and Jungkook while Jin and Namjoon drove home, since the younger boys insisted to walk and get a hold of fresh air. Minyeon walks in between them, awkwardly sandwiched by the two tall boys.

She raised an eyebrow, "It seemed that me being gone has done some good, huh?"

"What do you mean?" Jungkook stuffs his hands in his pockets.

"Well," She stood in front of the boys, stopping them from walking, "Look at you, you're sandwiching me, as if if I wasn't there, you two would bump shoulders with one another in a not subtle way, at all."

"I don't get you, Min." Jimin replies, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

Minyeon groans in frustration, she already knew the two had a thing for each other, she thought maybe going missing would make them closer and I don't know, fall in love? "Come on, you know exactly what I'm trying to saying."

"They're dating without actually realising it." Out of nowhere Jin walks behind Minyeon with his arms folded, Namjoon next to him.

"They've been sending glances to one another, smiling shyly when get caught staring, ah young love." Namjoon continued.

"See." Minyeon smirks.

Jungkook scratched at his non-itchy scalp while Jimin flushed deep red, "Maybe." The two said together.

The other three gasped.


flashback :

"So, wanna go out?"

"Date?"

"Yeah."

"Sure." Jimin blushed.

While the two were on their date, Jungkook awkwardly clears his throat, succeeding in getting Jimin's attention. They looked at each other. Jungkook's courage was slowly crumbling when Jimin's there looking curiously at him.

"I-I uh I just uhm uh let's sit down, I need to compose myself."

The two sat at the bench, Jimin waiting, his curiousity hitting pass the roof.

"I, Jeon Jungkook, uhm is currently feeling so attacked with the way Park Jimin is acting," Jimin looked offended, "but, it is a good offence, you should be arrested, that is too much for me to handle, to be honest," Jimin rolls his eyes, "Okay skip, I'm I-uh oh my god, I'm Jesus." Jimin chuckles.

"Okay, I'm not Jesus, I'm- Hi, I'm Jeon Jungkook," he reached out a hand which Jimin shook, "and I'm in love with you."

Jimin stoned, his face heating up, shades of red visible to the world, "I-I-uh, Hi Jeon Jungkook, I'm-I love you too, I'm in lo-love with you."

Jungkook looks away shyly.


"So, you're dating?" Minyeon asks.

"Not really, maybe?" They said together.

"Then, make it official already." Jin prompted.

Minyeon rolled his eyes as the two still haven't moved from their position. She made them face each other, face inches away from one another.

"Go on, before I do it for you." Minyeon sass.

Jungkook gulped, "May I?"

Jimin gave a small nod, Jungkook leans in and their lips met.

The other three squaled, Minyeon clapping and congratulating them.

"This is beautiful." She wipes a fake tear.

Jungkook and Jimin pulled away, not so far though, they rests their forehead together, shyly smiling at one another and then quietly changing 'I love You's.

"Can't wait for more playdates with you Jimin!" Minyeon hugged the two, Namjoon and Jin joining in.