Measure 1

Orange Sherbet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

October 31
Friday


"Ten where's my costume! I literally put it here yesterday!" Kun screeched in worry, flailing his arms.

 He was sweating bullets and couldn't help but yell at his best friend. The empty spot in Tens closet explained the dilemma.

 "Dude, I have no idea, last night it was right there! It was probably Nichkyun!" Ten complained, blaming his brother because of his own mishaps. "Nichkyun! If you took Kuns' Halloween costume, I'll tell mom and dad about your party last weekend!"

Nichkyun scoffed from his room next door, struting in Tens room as if it were a runway. "You mean this, brave, knight costume?"

There stood Nichkyun, posing for the non existent cameras and lights, acting as if he was on Vogue: Medival Fashions. At the same moment Kun was staring holes into him. "How dare you steal my $20 costume! You know that's my only one!"

"Well that's too bad, oh look my rides here, have fun!" Tens brother said as a sleek Porsche pulled up in the drive way. 

Tiffany walked out of the car in a pink princess costume, matching with Nichkyuns' knight costume. Waving an arm towards the boys through the window, Tiffany fixed her tiara. Nichkyun strutted down the stairs grinning, sending a flying kiss to Ten and Kun, who sat there dumbfounded.

The two boys just stared at the empty space where the costume stealer was seconds ago. Ten, dressed as Mario, suspenders and all, while Kun was still in his school uniform.

 "Well...there goes your costume." Ten stated, as if it were new information. 

"No kidding, now I have nothing to wear. They won't let us in at the party!" Kun whined, pouting out his bottom lip.

"What do you mean us? They'll still let me in!" Ten joked while the other boy furrowed his eyebrows, clearly not in the mood. 

"I'll text Johnny to meet us at the party with an extra costume." Ten assured him after seeing his pouting face.

Kun huffed, dejected, his chestnut coloured hair getting pushed back by his fingers. It was late, and he was not going show up in some sleazy attire.

 "Alright, that'll have to do."









Johnny stood outside the mansion waiting for his Mario, wearing jean suspenders with a green cap with the letter L on it. "Kun, I have your costume! You'll never guess what it is!"

"Please, kill me now." Sighed Kun in defeat, whatever Johnny had prepared for him, it couldn't be good. 

Behind Johnnys back, he pulled out a long, red cape with a hood and a picnic basket. Holding it out in front of Kun, smiling. Ten was laughing his off, giving a thumbs up towards Johnny as approval.

"Johnny, you're a genius!" Ten cried in delight.

"You're kidding, right? Little red riding hood? Last time I checked red riding hood was a girl." Kun sassed, completely offended. He looked at the hood in disgust, as if it contracted a deadly disease. The cape was velvety to the touch, and a deep ruby red.

"Okay then, looks like I'll have to throw it out-" Johnny said slowly, waiting till Kun took back the costume.

"No! No, I'll take it..." Kun sighed.

 Kun knew if he wasn't wearing a costume, he wouldn't be allowed in this years greatest Halloween party of all time. Since he transferred this year, this'll be his first party. This is a prime example for Kun to introduce himself to some ladies, and get his name known. Not just as the new Chinese boy.

Kun took the red hood, quickly tying it around his neck, pulling the hood over his head, and carrying the picnic basket filled with pastries. The cape ended at his ankles, and the hood draped around his face. As soon as he's inside, Kun thinks, he'll stuff the cape inside the basket, and be that one guy without a costume.

"You look good, let's go." Ten commented as he started walking up towards the party with his Luigi, and little red riding hood.





The smell of too much axe and tropical deodorant filled the house as soon as they opened the door. Then the music, with the DJ playing some hit from Girls' Generation. It was crowded inside with kids from their school, and their brothers. The girls were in animal ear headbands, and body pieces that could be bathing suits, leaving nothing to imagination. 

"So, what are we doing first?" Ten asked, looking around the entry way, one of his suspenders already falling off one shoulder. 

"Let's get a bit buzzed," Johnny suggested, making his way to the kitchen, the other two following behind him like ducklings. There were Avengers, vampires, the occasional non costume, and a couple of hot girls dressed as woodland creatures as they walked by.

People were doing body shots, and playing beer pong, it was Superman vs. Batman. Johnny passed out red solo cups filled with cheap beer, while surveying the place. "Time to go find Taeyong."




"Hello boys," Taeyong announced, as the group of girls surrounding him waved to them, smiling invitingly. 

They found him upstairs in one of his parents bedrooms, sitting in a circle with the girls who said hi before, a couple of guys in lame costumes, and booze. 
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter