1/1

Blind

(a/n: present in plain text, past in italics, bold/italics the lyrics to Blind)

~~~

"Hey Yongguk, I uh- wrote my own song... Would you mind checking it out?" Those were the words that started everything. Everything that was supposed to be kept hidden and not revealed to their band members, let alone the whole world. Yongguk smiled, taking the sheets of music and reading over them.

"Come to the studio with me and we'll make it work." Daehyun nodded, not looking happy or sad about the leader's words. Days later with hours spent on working on the song, the two males came back and handed each of the other members a copy. Daehyun walked over to Youngjae, holding out the lyrics.

"Here," He said quietly, barely a whisper. It was a miracle the younger had heard him. Youngjae took the papers, gently touching the other's hand, making him pull away fast. 

"Thank you," he responded. Before he had a chance to glance at the new song, Yongguk spoke up.

"I've already talked to the manager and we'll be practicing this song for the next couple days. He thinks it'll be a great addition to the next album. So please learn it fast." Everyone agreed, heading towards their shared rooms to glance at the music sheet and prepare for the next day. Youngjae followed behind, heading towards his room, but alone. Daehyun stayed behind, sitting on the couch and wondering if his new song would effect anyone.

Opening his door and closing himself into darkness, Youngjae flipped on the lights and headed towards his bed. He sat cross-legged placing the sheets of music down and picking up the first page. He didn't know the melody that Daehyun and Yongguk created for this piece, so he just read through the words like it was a poem. 

 

With such an obvious lie 
You tricked me no matter how much you tried to hide it 
I pretended I didn’t know 
I know all about what kind of relationship you and that guy you call friend had 
All my gut feelings ended up being just right 
Your front and back were different 
Your long tongue hammered a nail in me 
To me you said you were tired 
But what I heard in front of your house was 
A mix of the sound of your laughter and that guy’s voice 
So Blind I can not see 
Even my memories of chasing after you 

 

Memories of the past couple weeks flashed by in Youngjae's mind. Was this song about him? 

 

"Daehyun!" Youngjae exclaimed, though in a quiet voice so the other's couldn't hear. He was in sweet bliss, on his back and full of the elder's length. The brunette leaned down and kissed the younger's lips, knowing their bodies were both coming to an end. "Daehyun!" Youngjae pulled back a bit, tilting his head back, and releasing on his stomach. Daehyun came after that, slowing down his s as he came down from his high. He laid on the other for a few minutes, until Youngjae spoke up.

"Can you please move?" He coughed out, at the same time as pushing the elder off.

"Sorry." He chuckled, removing himself and plopping face down on the bed next to his-.. well next to Youngjae. They didn't really have a relationship, not yet anyways. "Want to stay and cuddle, after cleaning up of course. Maybe get something to eat?" Daehyun turned and gave his famous smile to the younger.

"Actually, I'm pretty tired. I'm just going to shower and head to bed." The elder was disappointed, but nodded and let the younger do as he pleased. Youngjae left and washed up, Daehyun entering after the younger was out and showering as well. Once he was done, he headed towards the kitchen for a small snack. He froze once he heard a laugh, Youngjae's laugh.

Wasn't the younger going to bed? He thought to himself, walking towards the sounds, but staying out of sight. Youngjae and Zelo were sitting on the couch or more like cuddling on the couch. Zelo was leaning against the arm rest with his legs resting on the length of the couch. Youngjae was lying next to the younger's legs, he arms around him and his head resting on Zelo's chest. 

"You're so cute, Youngjae." Zelo stated, tapping the elder's nose. Youngjae giggled, snuggling into the younger's chest more. 

 

Youngjae snapped out of his thoughts. No, this couldn't be about me. Chuckling, he kept reading. 

 

You said are you crazy 
If anything it was you who was angry at me 
That you were different from other girls 
That you’re really friends and nothing more 
What are you babbling about 
Is that even something you can say to me? 

 

"Daehyun, come back. Where are you going?" The younger grabbed the brunette's wrist, laughing at the elder being a bit mad at him. "Seriously, you can't be jealous of me and Zelo?" 

"Well, how can I not? You guys have too much skinship and when I'm not in the room, you're all over each other!" The younger was taken back. The elder was actually mad at him.

"Wait, you are seriously mad at me? You're not like.. kidding with me?" Youngjae sighed, pulling Daehyun into a hug.

"Youngjae..." Daehyun wasn't sure if he could pull back, but he knew he should. He didn't want the younger to think his relationship with Zelo was appropriate anymore if they were going to be a thing.

"You're crazy for thinking Zelo and I are anything more than friends. I am actually really upset about the accusation, really. I think I deserve your trust Daehyun and if I can't have that, then maybe we shouldn't be." Youngjae didn't mean those words, but Daehyun was gullible and felt guilty.

"I'm sorry, Youngjae." The elder pulled back from the hug to kiss the blonde. "Forgive me?" 

"You know I can't stay mad at you." The two laughed at each other, going back to being the cute couple Daehyun thought they were.

 

Ok, Youngjae was getting a bit upset now. This story was making him feel like his relationship was on display for others to judge. What the was Daehyun thinking?

 

Just think once about my pain 
Just think about it a little 
For just one day at least 
Please get out of my head 
Believe me I can’t believe 
I’ll forget you You can’t forget 
This is the cover of my eyes Blind

 

"Do you think I'm blind, Youngjae?" Daehyun growled, grabbing the younger's arm and pulling him off of Zelo's lap. "You really think I'm that stupid to think that whatever this is that you have with Zelo is just a friendship?" He released the younger's arm, not letting him talk at all. "We are through, okay? I'm forgetting you and anything we ever had, but you won't. Believe me, I'll make you remember what you did to me. I'll make you think about my pain. For at least one day. You don't have to try and cover my eyes from the truth anymore, I'm not blind."

 

Youngjae crinkled up the sheets of music, throwing them across the room before getting up and leaving. 

"Daehyun!" He yelled, looking all over for the other. Finding him on the couch, Youngjae stood in front of him. "Daehyun, I'd like to talk to you... privately please." The blonde said through clenched teeth.

"Go away, Youngjae. My love for you was blind. Now, I can't see anything. I can't find the real you."

"Dae-" The younger tried to warn the other, but cut him off. 

"Stay away. I'm burnt up and nothing is left for you. Leave and don't look back. Don't look for me. I have broken down for the last time and I'll never fall in love with you again. I'm not Blind."