Final.

Opposites

Kunpimook Bhuwakul or you’ll know him as Bambam. How did I manage to get a boyfriend this elegant and classy? How did we end up together? That, I do not know. We were like the total opposites of each other anyways.

I was your simple and laid back girl who likes to wear all black clothes, constantly sports a pokerfaced expression and zones out most of the time. Meanwhile, he was the popular dude, a walking fashion icon who’s so talkative and smiles a lot.  

I remember that time when we first met; the first thing he said to me “We should definitely be friends; I’ll teach you how to dress properly”

And we did became close friends but then dated for a period of time (According to him, it was I, who asked when in reality it was him). I was reluctant at first because who the hell would want to date a plain girl like me who’s kind of boyish and a bit of an introvert, but Bambam slammed all those thoughts by saying two words, “You’re unique”.

Well, we eventually did end up as couple. I can still remember what he said that time and I quote “You’re my girlfriend now so you better dress like one or others might mistake me as the girl and you as the guy”.

It’s been 2 years that we’ve been together though.

Today, he asked me to go shopping since according to him, “I need new shoes and a coat to wear for JB hyung’s birthday”. I, on the other hand, have no choice but to agree because it was said so.

“Hey Bam, I hope you won’t take another 30 years to prepare this time” I said with a serious face.

He immediately laughed and answered “I won’t, I won’t”

I gave him a look as I said “You better mean it” with a very very serious tone.

“I’ll go shower first” he says.

It took him about 25 minutes or so, not bad this time. He’ll have plenty of time to prepare now I wish.

As I also ended my time at the shower, I immediately went to our room only to see Bambam shirtless and wearing only his skinny jeans, taking his time observing a bunch of shirts, sweaters and so.  

“As expected” I face palmed and he only laughed as a response.

I ignored him and got changed.

I did learn how to dress “properly” already and I do it sometimes but since we’re just going shopping I might as well dress comfortably aka according to him “my girlfriend’s boring fashion”.

I settled with my pastel blue sweater, black skinny jeans and black converse shoes.

As I was already done changing, I went back to the room and saw Bambam finally wearing black button down long sleeves.

“You better be finished when I come back okay” I said and he just gave me the okay sign and laughed.

I left and decided to only put BB cream on my face because as you can see; I’m not a big fan of makeup.  I also let my blonde hair down because I’m feeling a little lazy today. By the way, I actually didn’t want it to be strawberry blonde but he persuaded me on dyeing it the same color as his.

When I went back to the room, I was faced with yet another Bambam scenario. He got rid of the previous shirt he was wearing and is currently putting on BB cream on his face, shirtless, again.

“KUNPIMOOK BHUWAKUL, ARE WE STILL GOING SHOPPING OR YOU’RE JUST GONNA SPEND ALL DAY CHOOSING WHAT TO WEAR AND STUFF” I fumed.

He gave me that laugh that annoys me a lot, but not all the time though, and said “Okay okay, I’m almost done here. Just count 60 seconds babe”

“I’ll just be in the living room so if you’re not done in 60secs, you’re dead” I warned him and left the room.

I’ve always been thinking why I wasn’t like him. Bambam was so good at things like this, he was very keen and pays attention to details while I was okay with whatever I first see and take a hold of.

So I’ve been mentally counting 60 secs as I was sitting in the sofa, I swear if he’s not finished by that time, I’ll legit go back to bed and ignore him the whole day.

60 seconds had passed and I was stomping back to our bedroom.

And yet again, I saw his shoes lined up in front of the bed. He’s wearing that black shirt again; in his hand was a sweater.

Now ladies and gentlemen, we are now sure that I was the man in this relationship.

“I swear to god, Bambam. We‘re just going shopping not effin’ attending Seoul Fashion Week” I whined in frustration.

“But I always go out looking like this” he laughs pointing at himself.

I plopped on the bed, sighing.  “That’s because you treat every place like it’s a runway or something”

“I’m almost done, I promise” he then proceeded on choosing the ‘appropriate’ shoes for his outfit.

“I already get it; you practically spend a lot of time just to line them all up and then take years on choosing what to wear and then tidy each one of them and put it in their respective places” I nagged. “Also the reason why you always leave your card at home when we have dates was so you won't spend money and just buy new shoes right” I added.

“Okay okay, this time I’m really done” he says, dismissing my rant.

I looked up at him from my position in the bed, still doubting.

“I’m not so sure about it” I say, glaring at him.

“I swear I’m all done, see” he says, even turning around for me to see his get-up.

He held my hands and prompts me up on my feet.

“Remind me again why we’re together” I whispered.

“That’s because you wanted this fabulous me for yourself” he grinned.

I rolled my eyes at him “Yeah and you want this plain boring me for yourself”

He wrapped his arms around my waist, pouted and said “I love this plain boring you though”

“Yeah right you hella should because I’m the only patient girlfriend who would wait for his astonishingly slow and picky boyfriend” I said.

Bambam gave me a kiss on the forehead and whispered “You’re unique”.

Opposites do attract. Take this for an example, although you might want to have a lot of patience for this type of relationship. LOL