who would've thought?

Maybe

None of my friends liked you, but who could blame them?

Yes, Oh Sehun. I'm talking about you.

They didn't like you a single bit because they knew that your presence meant nothing but trouble in my life. Ever since the two of us became acquainted, they disliked, no, hated you. The way you walked, the way you talked, the way you acted, everything was different to what we were used to. We were the nice kids, always have, always will be. And you, well, you were the exact opposite.

You might be rolling your eyes as you read this, letting out a string of profanities while doing so. Go ahead then, it's not the worst thing you've said or done to me.

See, for some weird reason that still remains unkown to me, I fell for you. And when I say fall, I don't mean tripping on my own two feet and conveniently making a fool of myself. No no, I was more going for the type of fall you experience on a roller coaster - sudden, quick, and dangerous.

You are the epitome of danger, don't you dare deny that. You did everything a normal, studious high school student like me would never even dream of doing - you smoked, you took drugs, you went to parties, the whole lot. Whenever we were talking and you lost your temper, I used to get so very scared. I thought if I made you really mad, you would do everything in your power to make the rest of my years on this earth as painful as possible. You were unlike anyone I've ever met, and I didn't know how to react. Should I cower away and let you beat me up with your words? Or should I stand up for what I believe in and help you; change you?

I saw something in you. You always strut around the hallways as if you owned them, you didn't care at all about your studies, you were rude, ignorant, immature, the list goes on. And yet, I chose to turn a blind eye. I chose to focus on how easy it was to get along with you, and how you reminded me so much of myself. I chose to bury your bad habits and obnoxious behaviour under it all, but sometimes I can't help but wonder, was it all worth it?

When I am reminded of this - of the pointlessness of our friendship, if you could even call it that, I always think of how I felt when I first started high school. I was young, I was innocent, I was different, and most importantly, I was alone. I took the liberty to talk to you when you first transfered to our school because I remembered how much I needed some company, genuine company, back then. I didn't want you to go through the same feelings of loneliness and isolation that I did.