Chapter One

Love Is Not Blind

As vacations ended so did the will to live for students. Half asleep many of them shuffled around the college campus looking for their departments and for the nearest coffee place. 

Lee Jinki himself wondered why he had decided to become a PreMed student. With endless coursework, volunteer activities, and clinical experience; he had no life outside of the campus.

"Why don't you join another department?"

Jinki had almost slapped Kibum at the suggestion before realizing that it wasn't that bad of an idea. "Join the Art or Music department. Just one class as a relaxer."

Thats how he found himself walking toward the Music department with a completely lost look. He must have been a sight to see; Lee Jinki, PreMed student, was on his way to the music department. The halls were mostly empty and that only served to remind Jinki that he was running late. Grabbing onto his stuff he made a dash for where he hoped his class would be, not bothering to pay attention to the few students around the halls.

Again, he should have paid attention. 

Rounding the corner he ran straight into someone. 

Jinki fell hard on his bottom, his books scattering across the ground. The sound of something plastic hitting the floor echoed through the hallway and brought Jinki back to his senses. He instinctively turned to the cause of the sound and froze upon spotting it. 

It was a cane. A white cane, the end a bright red. His eyes widened in recognition as a rush of panic took over. Slowly he looked over his shoulder.

Still seated on the floor from the fall, sunglasses tilted, displaying one brown expressionless eye, was the victim of his clumsiness.

He was blind.