You Are All I Ever Wanted For Christmas

You Are All I Ever Wanted For Christmas

I put my fingers gratefully around the hot cup with boiled chocolate to warm my cold hands. When they didn’t feel that dead anymore I took a small sip to warm my inner body.

Even though I was in a small café, I could still feel the cold wind outside. I let out a sigh and could see my breath because of the coldness.

‘Why do they have to turn off the heating?’ I pouted. Guess because no one is here at Christmas Eve. I answered my own question, looking around the empty room.

I took out my IPod and scrolled down my playlist. Hmm…I need to put some Christmas songs in it. I frowned and started to play some games on my IPod. When I started to get bored of it I looked out of the window watching the white streets in Seoul.

Suddenly my eyes widened when I could see a familiar face in front of me. ‘Myungsoo?’ I asked out loud even though he couldn’t hear me outside.

I saw him moving his right hand that was covered in a black glove, towards me. He started to write something on the steamed window.

‘Do you want to hang out?’ I read out his question and laughed about his dorkiness when he added a Yes- and a No-option.

It only took  me some seconds to make a huge cross at the yes agreeing to hang out with him.

 

-----------------------

 

‘Why are you still outside at Christmas Eve?’ I asked him when I closed the door from the café. I guess the owner is happy now that I finally left after five hours.

‘Why were you sitting all alone in a small café at Christmas Eve?’ He answered my question with another question.

‘Guess I should already know that you would never answer a question properly.’ I mumbled, giving him an accusing look.

In response he just smirked making me looking away from him blushing. Damn why is he so handsome? I cursed his perfect features.

I remembered that many people envied me for being friend with the mysterious, handsome, ice prince L. However he was still a riddle to me, who barely exposes something from himself. He didn't like to talk and even though I knew him already for 10 years I still couldn't read his thoughts.

He once told me that he liked to hang out with me because I wasn’t as annoying as his fan girls, bu then again he said those words with his signature poker face, so I didn’t know if he was serious about that. I hope you really like me Myungsoo.

 

---------------------------

 

We were both walking in complete silence, but none of us bothered to talk. Honestly I kind of enjoyed the calmness that L was sending from his aura.

My eyes wandered around the small Christmas market with all the colored lightings. ‘Yeoppeoda!’ I beamed and moved to a stall selling jewelries.

My eyes were immediately fixed on a silver bracelet that showed the infinity symbol and the word love was engraved.

‘This is a couple bracelet.’ The ajumma explained and showed me the matching bracelet.

‘Oh…arasso.’ I nodded and put it back.

‘Shouldn’t you buy your girlfriend that bracelet for Christmas?’ The ajumma asked L beside me.

‘Ani…he’s not my boyfriend.’ I said and raised my hands in defense. ‘We are just friends.’

‘You two still look cute together.’ She smiled at us.

‘L is not supposed to be cute.’ I laughed wondering if he had ever been cute even when he was a baby.

‘We have to go now, have a nice Christmas Eve.’ I bid goodbye to her. 'Myungsoo, you are not coming?’ I asked him confused that he was still at the same spot.

‘How much do those bracelets cost?’ I saw him taking out his wallet. ‘25000 won.’ The ajumma responded in delight and handed him a small bag.

‘Why did you buy those couple bracelets, do you have a girlfriend?’ I asked him with huge eyes.

‘Tzz…of course not.’ He scoffed.

‘Okay…so you like someone and want to confess to her?’ I guessed. ‘Hmm..’ He shrugged.

Hearing his response I didn’t know why, but something seemed to tighten around my chest area. Why do I feel so weird, hearing him saying this? Guess because I would have never expected the cold L to like someone.

‘Why are you so silent?’ L brought me back to reality. I laughed about his question ‘Are you kidding, which of us is the silent one? Don’t you like it when everything is calm and peaceful?’ I scoffed.

‘I like your voice.’ He stated bluntly.

I looked at him in shock. ‘Y..Y..You’re serious.’ I stuttered, wondering why he has said that to me.

‘Yes, are you talking now?’ He chuckled.

‘You only want me to entertain you.’ I puffed my cheeks.

L laughed at my reaction and took my face in his hands. ‘That’s the reason why I like to spend time with you, your cuteness is entertaining.’

Looking into his face that was now just a few inches away make my cheeks heating up. ‘Are you blushing because you found my words so touching? Or maybe because I am so handsome in close-up?’ He raised one eyebrow.

‘Self-conceited, cocky jerk.’ I punched him. I wonder why I like to spend time with this jerk.

‘Yah that hurts.’ He yelled rubbing his arm. I rolled my eyes ‘You act like a girl.’

 

-------------------

 

We both soonly arrived at a place where a lot of couples were ice skating beautifully. I pouted, totally envy that the girls looked so graceful. I wish I could ice skate too.

‘You wanna try it?’ L asked me nonchalantly. ‘Ani…I can’t ice skate, I would fall all the time…I am too clumsy.’ I shocked my head.

‘Come let’s try it.’ He grabbed my arm and dragged me to the ice rink. After some minutes I was kind of force by him to wear those ice skates and I found myself trembling like crazy on the ice rink.

‘Don’t be so stiff, you have to enjoy yourself.’ L teased me. ‘You look so pale.’ He pointed to my face laughing. Aish this jerk likes to see people suffer. I wanted to punch him, but remembered that I needed him to guide me out of this place, so I just clung to him tighter.

‘Look it’s actually very easy. First relax yourself, then hold your arms out at just below shoulder level to learn to balance yourself.’ L explained me.

 

-------------------------

 

‘Wow…I can do it…look, look Myungsoo!’ I beamed and clapped my hands, congratulating myself after hours of practice. ‘Took you already enough time.’ L stuck out his tongue.

‘You are so mean.’ I pouted. ‘Wahh..wait..how do I stop now?’ I asked him in panic, when I saw the wall slowly approaching.

I covered my eyes with my hands in fear, when I bumped into something that wasn’t as hard as a wall. I blinked confused when I could feel two arms wrapping around me, preventing me from falling down.

‘Guess I should never let you go.’ L chuckled.

Our bodies were pressed against each other’s and I felt my heart beating a lot faster. Why is my heart acting so crazy around him?

‘Come on, I need to teach you a lot more.’ L took my hand and led me to a not so crowded area.

 

------------------------

 

When L was explaining me how to stop properly my attention was slowly turned to a tall, pretty girl that made some awesome spins in front of us. So amazing.I admired her mentally.

‘Hey are you even listening?’ L snapped me out of my thoughts.

‘So..sorry.’ I apologized, still taking glimpse of the girl. L of course noticed that I still didn’t pay attention to him, so he followed my gaze and scoffed.

‘Don’t tell me you want me to teach you that too. Not to sound mean but I can’t do wonders.’ He made fun of me.

‘I know.’ My shoulders deflated, remembering that I was  a complete klutz.

L looked at me for a while and then shouted out frustrated ‘Aish, jjin-jja, do you want to spin around so badly?’ He moved his hand through his hair.

‘No, I don’t care about that.’ I denied.

‘Liar.’ He mumbled and suddenly he placed his two hands around my waist and lifted me up spinning me around.

‘Waahh..what are you doing, let me down, are you crazy?!’ I yelled at him.

‘What? Didn’t you want to spin around?’ He said and then placed me back on the ice after several spins.

‘Yeah…I mean no…I said I don’t care.’ I responded. ‘Besides if I wanted to spin around I would like to do it alone.’ I pouted.

‘Wae, you don’t like me?’ He titled his head. ‘Of..of course I like you, it’s just I can’t rely on you all the time. What if one day you confess to the girl you like and we can’t spend time together  anymore.’ I explained him, looking away.

Why do I feel this pain inside? Shouldn’t I be happy for him that he found someone he loves? I felt how tears began to form in my eyes. Did I actually fall for him?

‘Why are you crying?’ He asked me shocked and wiped away a tear with his thumb. I didn’t even realize that I was crying and I felt so stupid for acting like that.

‘Is..Is it selfish to ask you to always stay by my side? I don’t want you to leave me.’

After a moment of silence that seemed to last forever L finally spoke up.

‘No those are actually the words I want to hear from the girl I like.’ He pulled me into a hug.

‘You..?’ I gasped  ‘Be mine. I love you okay?’ Before I could say anything he already placed his lips on mine.

‘Shouldn’t you wait until I give you an answer?’ I laughed after he pulled away from the kiss.

‘No…I knew that you would agree, you wanted me to stay by your side until the end.’ He smirked.

‘You are so cocky.’ I slapped him. ‘But it’s a yes.’ I mumbled the last part, but he seemed to hear me.

‘Now I want you to say those three words.’ He demanded. I smiled sheepishly and moved my face toward his ear.

‘Merry Christmas, Myungsoo.’ I whispered and gave him a peck on the cheek.

‘Yah, that’s not what I meant with the three words. He lifted me up in the air.

‘Yah let me down.’ I screamed. ‘Not until you say those three words.’ He teased. ‘Stop acting so childish. You are such a dork.’ I hit him.

‘Well then you will stay in my arms forever.’ He threatened me.

‘Fine…I love you.’ I said giving in.

‘I know.’ He took my hand and when he turned it back I saw the bracelet with the infinity symbol.  ‘My love for you is infinite, because you are all I ever wanted.’

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Keke my first Oneshot has ended, hope it wasn't too cheesy :P For those who might wonder how this bracelet looks like here's a picture from the symbole ^^

 

 

credits to the right owner

I have also another fanfiction currently running, starring you and Jinyoung from B1A4 here's the link if you would like to check it out ;D

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/87125/even-though-at-first-glance-there-was-a-connection-between-us-i-fall-for-the-wrong-person-b1a4-jinyoung-leejoon-schoollife-schoollove-you

Comment & Subscribe

its_an_asian_thing