Best Birthday Ever (Final)

Best Birthday Ever

After weeks and weeks of practice today was going to be your last practice before the big recital tomorrow, the best part? It is going to be your 21st birthday tomorrow! You had joined bighit dance school since the age of 5, and now you are already 21 this year. You are the pride and joy along with your best friend of 13 years, Jhope, who was walking into the practice room.

"Your late hope" you said while continuing with your stretching.

"Sorry, I saw this on my way here and though of how happy you'll be if I got it for you" he said as he placed a bag of freshly made churros in front of me. Shocked I looked at him with big doe eyes "I told you that you'll be happy" he said as a matter of fact. I jumped up and gave him a bone crushing hug "thank you bestie!" He chuckled and ruffled my hair, Jhope joined the school when he was 9. I could still remember the first day when I saw him, we instantly clicked.

 

-flashback-

"Class today we have a new friend that will be joining us from today onwards, let's welcome him with open arms" From behind the door emerged a cute and cheerful looking boy who had on a beautiful smile "Hi everybody my name is Jung hoseok but you can call me Jhope." He said and bowed. With that class began and went smoothly. At the end after class as I was packing up my things the new kid approached me. "Hi my name is Jhope! You dance really well"

"Hello, my name is Eun-seo. You're not too bad yourself"

"Thanks, so what dance do you specialise in?"

"Ballet, jazz and a little hip hop. What about you?"

"Me? Hip hop, crumping and a little jazz"

"Oh okay, well see you around Jhope" I said as you waved goodbye. And that was how our beautiful friendship started. The both of us stuck together like glue once we got comfortable around each other. Whenever someone tries to mess with anyone of us the both of us would stand up to the bully and made sure they never came back.

-end of flash back-

 

"Hello? Earth to Eun-seo" Jhope said as he waved his hands in front of me snapping me out of my trance.

"Oh yea, why?"

"You were spacing out, what were you thinking about?"

"Oh nothing, we should get started soon. We still have to perfect the duet"

 

Since both us are such talented dancers the school has decided to let the 2 of us have sole acts and after which coming together for a duet which would be the finale. I am going to have a sole ballet item while Jhope was going to have a sole crumping item. The duet that the both of us will be performing consist of jazz and hip hop mixed together. The item is choreographed by the 2 of us so this is a very meaningful dance to the both of us. Practice started, and throughout the practice the both of us couldn't stop laughing at all the stupid little mistakes that were made. Practice finally ended, it was now passed 12 midnight when the 2 of us left the building.

"Hey it's late I'll send you home alright?"

"It’s late you should go home and rest for tomorrow's big recital"

"It’s late and you're a defenceless girl so I am sending you home whether you like it or not" Jhope said and started to walk in the direction of my house. I let out a sigh and followed Jhope, this guy can be so stubborn and yet so sweet at the same time. Too bad he is just my best friend...

Upon reaching my house I bid Jhope goodbye and entered the house. I went to quickly bath and hopped into bed, I took my phone from the bed stand and unlocked it. Clicking on the name 'bestie^^' I started to type out a message.

To: Bestie^^

Thanks for sending me home even though it's so late. Rest early and see you tomorrow! I'm already getting nervous. Goodnight bestie!^_^

After sending out the message I went to sleep.

The next morning my alarm rang waking me up from my slumber. I opened one eye to look at the time, 5am, sigh this is the bad thing about dancing though. You have to wake up early to reach the venue to prepare and have rehearsals, but the fun part is performing. I unlocked my phone and saw that there was a message from Jhope,

From: Bestie^^

It’s what a man should do so don't thank me. By the way I'll pick you up tomorrow at 5.30 to have your birthday breakfast before going down to the recital, goodnight!

*5.30?!* I thought to myself as I looked at the clock by my bedside, I barely had half an hour to get dressed! Jumping out of bed I ran to the bathroom in my own room, I bath in a record breaking time of 5 minutes, dried my hair in 7 and packed my bag in another 9. That makes 22 minutes, with an additional of 1 minute for me to walk down the stairs to the door. I unlocked my door and saw that Jhope had already been sitting on my front porch.

"Hey" I said as I close and locked up the main door.

"Morning, this is for you" Jhope said as he passed you a bouquet of white and blue roses.

"Flowers? Why are you giving me flowers?"

"Because you deserve them" He said and gave me his killer smile.

"Thank you then" I replied not knowing that he had a hidden agenda behind it. The 2 of us walked to a nearby cafe which opens 24/7, we had a light breakfast and took away a few sandwiches for later in case we got hungry. The both of us entered Jhope's car which he had parked here earlier before walking over to my house. We had reached the venue for the recital in no time, both us had our own dressing room. I settled down in my own room and changed into my pre-performing outfit which was a track pants and lose slightly over sized tee. A knock came from my door and I went to open it, behind the door stood a Jhope who was wearing a black wife beater and track pants. "Hey the coordinator wants us to go ahead with rehearsals first since we are ready"

"Okay I'll meet you on stage in 5"

The day continued with practice and short rest sessions. Finally, after a whole day of waiting I was finally standing backstage waiting for my turn to enter the stage. I could see Jhope on the other side mouthing "fighting" to me, he was going next after me then after that I'll join him back on stage for the duet. I did a dance routine from swan lake, one of my favourite show, while Jhope did a crumping routine he did a few years back just that this time he added more elements. Soon it was time for our duet, it was the first time the both of us did something like this so we were actually very nervous. The routine started with a slow street jazz followed by an upbeat hip hop routine, which both of us were extremely satisfied with. I took a 90 degree bow at the audience and when I came back up I saw that Jhope was holding a mic with a box, he took my hand and started his speech "Eun-seo, ever since I've known you since we were kids no older than 8 I always knew you were going to be special to me. We started out as the best of friends and slowly we got closer and started to learn more about each other, what we liked and what was our dislikes. I still remember that time when I had food poisoning and had to be kept in the hospital for a week you came day and night to keep me company, you cook porridge and tend to my every need. I didn't know when but in the process of growing up and learning together with you I fell for you. Your charms, your beauty the way you bite your nails when you are scared or nervous and many more. To me you are everything I ever want in my women, I know you might not feel the same towards me but will you give us this chance to develop further, to be more than friends?" He said and kneeled down on the floor on one leg, opening the box that he was holding to revel a beautiful ballerina shoe pendant which had diamonds on it. "Will you be my one and only lady?" Tears welled up in my eyes, with a hand covering my mouth I closed my eyes and nodded. I never knew that Jhope felt the same way as I did. Just like him throughout this process of being friends I had unknowingly fell for this cute, cheerful and caring boy. Jhope stood up smiling and put on the necklace for me. After which kissing me right smack in the lips making all the audience go "aww" at the scene. I felt heat rising to my cheeks and it wasn't only because of embarrassment. "I love you Eun-seo" Jhope said sweetly. "I love you too Hoseok" and the recital ended with the moonlight casting a soft glow on both of your faces as you shared a passionate kiss. This was the best birthday ever I thought to myself and smiled into the kiss<3

 

​A/N: How was the story?? Sorry this story is very short and maybe the fluff parts or basically the whole story did not evoke much feels>< Do leave me feedback on how to improve! I wanted to post pictures but tbh i don't know how to>< Anyways i posted this one shot so i can get feedback and do better in the future. I will be writing a Taehyung story very soon, it should be posted up around the end of this year after i have finished my exams. Please love and support my writing^^ See you lovely readers at my next story, bye bye for now:)