Final

Remember Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The rain pelted against my window pane. I remember playing outside with Taehyung back when we were still adorable, young and naive. But now, we’re just plane naive with a bit of dumbness added altogether. Earlier this morning, I thought today would be the day I’ll leave a mark on this planet, with cloudy skies and sun rays skimming through, it was ideal. Then Taehyung happened. His phone call happened. The so called blind date that is about to happen added to the list. I mean, who sets up your own friend with your other friend just because you can? I tried my best to persuade him that it would be a bad idea since he knew how socially awkward I become around people. Heck, I even offered to make a PowerPoint presentation as to how his idea sounded like the dumbest essay paper you’d come across with. But he just laughed over the phone saying how silly I was. That . I am very much fine playing my role as the single fart in here but that alien of a friend of mine begged to differ.

My previous date had taught me well and left me traumatized for the rest of my life, not in a bad way but more in a hilariously epic one. I remember it as if it was yesterday.

“Don’t worry he’s a sweetheart. ” Taehyung promised as he dragged my pastel-clad figure into a world of unknown which we prefer to call the homecoming dance. I was wearing a soft baby pink dress, like a unicorn just barfed on me. I was nervous and hopeful all at the same time. Taehyung hadn’t mention a name but I didn’t bother to ask either so when I was placed in front a lanky dude, I nervously searched for any sign of amusement in Taehyung’s eyes followed by his boisterous laugh saying this was all just a joke, but unfortunately, there was none. I once again faced the noodle dude in front of me. Braces, check. Thick rimmed glasses, check. Horrible fashion sense, I’d give him an A plus for that. Don’t get me wrong though. I’m just not used to being the one in advantage when meeting strangers since I’m usually the awkward one.

I thought that that was the worst thing that could happen but apparently, as the night gets older, the more my unnamed date seems to be fidgety and awkward. At first, I tried to talk to him nicely. We danced for a bit even though he just kept on stepping on my toes, isn’t it supposed to be the other way around? Despite that, we continued dancing anyway but things went downhill when I suddenly found myself tripping over our feet as I fall and knocked over a waiter who successfully poured the mocktails over my head in accident, if you thought that’s the worst then you’re terrible wrong. After a few attempts of getting up and coming back to my senses, everyone around me seems to find something funny as they point fingers in my direction. Anxiously looking down, I found my self sitting over some sort of liquid that is definitely not a mocktail with my date puking his guts out…. Oh.

So that brings us back to the present. Where I’m currently watching the rain from inside my room praying to all Gods alive that a rainstorm occurs so I can Netflix my way out of the blind date. I mean my efforts of dressing up will be gone to waste but I really don’t care since I didn’t even bother smudging a bit of a BB cream onto my face. Deal with it whoever this as equally as stupid blind date was supposed to be. As I continued to mentally think of ways and excuses, the doorbell echoed throughout the house sounding very much like an audio from a horror movie. I am doomed. I know it.

I just do.

“Hey you! You… ” I greeted even though my eyes were focused solely on the device on my hand which happened to be my phone. 

“Uh yeah, hi. ” A smooth nasally voice replied. Is the news paper boy late or a little bit early? 8 hours early to be exact.

“Oh hi. Are you here with tomorrow’s newspaper or are you lost or maybe a new neighbor or something because I really can’t entertain any guest right now because I’m supposedly going in a date with someone in just about now… Oh.” I paused as realization hit me like a bullet train, extra impact and damage, people.

“You must be jongkuk.” I mumbled, a little bit hesitant. I regret not listening to Taehyung about who this other person was earlier. Now here I am contemplating and pondering about a couple of names that sound like Jong and Cook.

“Actually… It’s Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook.” He smiled adorably.

Wait what?

“Hey, uh yeah Jungkook. I’m Sera and I bet you didn’t want to get stuck in this date neither right? Especially with a boring nerdy plain Jane who reeks of cheetos and other things. How about we call this quits and proceed on our own ways? Let’s just tell Taehyung we were chased by the neighborhood dogs and decided that today is just not our day. How about that? Sounds good yeah?” I’m just hoping that my persuasiveness works just this once on this boy. I really don’t wanna get wet neither do I want to go out and waste such a rainy comfy day.

“I was hoping we could go and see a movie. ” The guy mumbled while he fiddles with his umbrella. My shoulders sagged but I immediately composed myself once again then looked at him. For a moment I contemplated. Well, he made an effort to dress up nicely and not to mention he was here holding his polka dot printed umbrella. I guess I’d be considerate and nice this time since I’m also already dressed up albeit a little too casual for a date.

“Alright. Just lemme get my bag then we’re good to go.” I responded then went to fetch my belongings. As I reach for my coat, my black umbrella calls out my eyes. Seriously I’m even manlier than my date. Just where did Taehyung got this manchild of a friend? Not judging.

I smiled at Jungkook after locking my door. I thought we were going to trudge our way to the mall. But when we reached the neighborhood park, he tells me to wait for a bit. I pouted as I watched the raindrops ruin my boots. I mean, I love the rain but I hate being in the middle of it. A moment passed then a motorcycle zooms near my spot. I’d be lying if I say that didn’t give me a heart attack. I gawked as I watched the driver remove his helmet. Then came Jungkook’s smiley adorable face.

Wait what again.

Never mind. You know what, I take back calling him a manchild. He’s smoking hot on that motor, minus the umbrella.

“Did I scare you? I saw you jumping for like a meter away. Sorry for that. ” He rubs his nape sheepishly.

Maybe this isn’t so bad after all.

When we arrived at the mall, Jungkook immediately bought movie tickets good for two while I was busy choosing over cheese flavored popcorn or the barbecue one. He smiled at my form seeing the popcorn bag almost falling off from my embrace. 

In the end I chose caramel.

As soon as the movie started rolling, I was pretty much fascinated by the animated characters than by my own date, even to the extent that I forgot I have one. I laughed at some scenes then threw some side comments along the way, I was just hoping I wasn’t boring Jungkook out of his wits. Once the movie ended, it was already half past 9 so it was only as expected when we heard our stomachs grumble for food.

“I really want some pizza right now.” I muttered mostly to myself but Jungkook seemed to hear me loud and clear as he started to drag me to the nearest pizzeria he saw. I smiled at him once we placed our orders. For a moment, it was really awkward between us which lead me to ponder over some things.

“Why were you determined to take me out earlier? I mean, I’m really not that attractive and I’m pretty sure Tae already told you I’m boring, which is kind of the truth. ” I voiced out.

Jungkook seemed to be lost in his own thoughts for a while. I waited for his answer but there was none. He just smiled at me then leaned closer. I furrowed my brows at his actions but he just sent another charming smile on my way.

Charming? What?

He took a deep breath then tucked a loose hair strand behind my ear. I thought he was going to do something funny so I watched him with a pair of eyes that can match a hawk’s.

“I really like you. A lot. ” Jungkook uttered leaving me stunned. I laugh nervously summoning my wittiness and sassiness to say something funny about that. But my stupid brain chose to blank out.

“Why so sudden? You just met me today? You just can’t like me easily? Am I… Do I look easy to you? ” I scoffed in feigned ignorance as he leans back in his seat. But the nerve of him to smile that smile of his. We didn’t talk for a while, only the clatters and soft murmurs of the people around us was heard. I was uneasy though because the guy left me hanging. You know how curiosity is sometimes. 

“Come on. I’m going to take you home now. It’s late. ” He then paid for our dinner then we walked out of the restaurant as he dragged a dazed me along the pavement of the sidewalk. I just let him be until we stopped in front of a mini park. He made me sit in one of the swings and I just obliged.

“This is actually not the first time we met. ” Jungkook starts as he sits on the other swing.

“Back in freshmen year, we were classmates. I saw you during orientation and our lockers were next to each other. But you never really noticed any of that. ” He mumbled the last part.

“Taehyung befriended me because I was quite the loner back then. He was nice and he kept talking about this also nice best friend he has. I knew it was you that time. I saw you two bickering.” He continues.

I searched the back of my mind for any remarkable event back then. If I ever heard his name before. I remember Taehyung mentioning his name once but I just forgot the topic. So that means Jungkook is not lying. But I couldn’t recall anymore information so that leaves me frustrated at the moment because how can I even not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter