Track 1

Blank Tape

 

 

Another ordinary day for Taeyeon as she sprinted the hall in her worn-out high cuts. A bunch of apologetic words rolled her tongue, wedging through the moving crowd who shot her with mixture of looks that she had no time to verify. She woke up after a number of alarms she set, the traffic on her way to work was awful - just the few typical reasons why, again, she's late for a meeting. She ran with might despite the determined ending. At least, her manager and bosses would notice the effort she put in order to make it.  

She barged the doors without hesitation or keen to make herself prim by wiping the beads of sweat and comb her loose brown hair that she left to dry after entering her car.

The room was empty. Lights were a bit glum and the blinds were shut. Chairs disarrayed, folders left open and papers were stray on the long table. Taeyeon was almost in panic when her manager popped out from under the table with a piece of paper crumpled in her hand. As her features registered better in Taeyeon's mind, she realized that Sooyoung didn't look so good.

"They should stop sending conference schedules in my office with your name on it because you haven't enlightened us a sheer piece of your presence, like ever." She threw the ball of paper on the table out of her tantrum, bouncing and rolling to the edge rigidly.

"The traffic was bad. That's not my fault." Taeyeon said. She forgot to catch her breath, but to appease her manager was her priority. She wasn't very skilled in doing that though.

"I am not gonna say a word about today's meeting. Go to the VP's office, explain yourself and you'll find out."

Taeyeon was not phased by the strict sound of her voice, something already accustomed to her. "That's your job, Soo."

"But it's not part of my job description to continually dote on your tardiness." Sooyoung must have reached a million for the redundant "Don't be late" reminder she pronounced to Taeyeon.

"You're being weird." Taeyeon pointed out, mildly punching the tall girl on her shoulder like a sack. Sooyoung kept shaking her off so she could clean up the desk better. "Why are you even bothering to pick up the trash those old hags left?"

"I'm distressing!" She almost yelled. Taeyeon thought it was funny so she chortled out. "You're the one who's weird here. You hate working for these people, but you always locked yourself up in their territory."

"The pay is good."

"Right and now you talk exactly like them." Sooyoung mumbled.

"I'm just trying to make a living and some executives, including our beloved founder, have been very nice to everyone. Unlike the CEO and his VPs who's just really greedy to own every money in the world. So no, I'm not responsible for providing them the explanations they want from me." Taeyeon supplied her defense. "I don't even question their dirty negotiation tactics face to face, so why the hell should I waste my time justifying my late arrival when it's barely done a scratch over..."

"Seven years, Taeyeon." Sooyoung finished for her. Taeyeon's been in the company for about a decade.

"Damn, I'm giving them ten folds the money they're earning because of my insanity. We can conclude that the lack of time management skills I've developed in puberty attributed to that."

"And here I thought you're being serious with your protest speech."

"Just spill the news." She nudged her.

"Stop brawling me and I will tell you."

Taeyeon leaped away, flashing the annoyed girl with a mischievous grin. She rarely had the victory in her hands when it came to these petty arguments with Sooyoung so she wanted to cherish it while it lasted. Sighing, Sooyoung was sure that Taeyeon might not like the news, hence the refusal of telling it herself.

"Some staff from JD Records came in a week ago and they wanted a female artist from their roster to collaborate with you."

The grin completely faded. "I don't like the sound of this."

"I know."

JD Records, one of the famous Big Three in the music scene alongside Cloud Music and Daehan Entertainment. Also the most lenient one in terms of artist management, or so Taeyeon have heard. In short, Cloud was the big bad wolf and JD was the cute little puppy.

Tiffany took a seat and offered the same to Taeyeon whose face turned sour for more than two minutes already.

"What are they up to now? Did our CEO mistook his arrogance as humility and ate it whole?"

"They couldn't say no to the offer. There's too many zeros."

The money was indeed good in the industry Taeyeon was working for.

"And Cloud must've ran out of straws to bury the fairly destructing poor artistry management rumors about them that took a blow on their stocks, they're willing to have their enemies closer and let JD dig the grave and save the day for them."

"The decision is all in your hands according to JD." Sooyoung felt how wrong that was until she heard herself say it.

"That's the funniest joke I've heard." Taeyeon spat mockingly.

Sooyoung proceeded. "Not that I'm pressuring you, but JD will back out if they don't receive a go signal the soonest possible. That's how much they want you. Well, it's given that everyone wants to work with Kim Taeyeon because her involvement brings big bucks. Knowing that kind of company who seemed to be rational about backing off from any professional ventures with Cloud, they're willing to risk that to book you."

Taeyeon had her humble beginnings, writing songs for her band where she played the bass. Her bandmates dubbed her a music genius for being able to capture an audience that used to not bother about the band prior Taeyeon's joining. Her notebooks didn't have notes from lectures but song lyrics and chords. She uploaded some of her bedroom recorded tracks on Soundcloud under an embarrassing pseudonym and she accumulated more than a staggering 500,000 plays for each song.

At the age of nineteen, going viral amongst frequent visitors of Soundcloud, she was scouted to become an intern in Cloud Music until she was chosen to write the debut single for the rookie singer Kim Jonghyun seven years ago that shot him to fame and 'till now, he dominated the music industry that extended internationally. She only graduated in high school that time and due to the overwhelming success she had achieved, the love from the critics and the unbelievable price of company contracts, pursuing music became the serious vocation for her than going to college. Not to the best approval of her parents, but that's a long story for another day.

Many artists have worked with Taeyeon, even senior producers from other companies who had no words but praise towards her art. Emerging artists and groups had it in their bucket lists to perform a song written and produced by Taeyeon for them. Some were personally picked by hers truly. Her name printed on song and album credits was perceived by many as an approval stamp of quality music.

"Just one song, right?"

"It's a full-length album. Twelve tracks tops. They're projecting the album to be her best feat. You get all the music freedom you wish to. They also won't interrupt with your process other than them overseeing it from time to time."

How stupid am I? Taeyeon thought. They wouldn't invest millions to a single when they could release an album that would eventually set-up its own chain reaction, leading to concert tours. Meaning, much more money will be returning to both parties.

"And the deal with the paycheck, sixty five percent of the royalties go straight to you. The rest will be divided between our company and theirs."

Becoming a puppet to Cloud's selfish goals was seemingly not a problem anymore. The higher pay credit was also an added bonus. But those didn't end the ongoing clamor at the back of Taeyeon's head. The word desperate didn't suffice to describe how much she wanted to turn it down.

"I'm not sure if I'm seeing it right, but you're actually contemplating about this?" Her head jerked, eyes squinting. Taeyeon just ignored the mocking scheme.

"Have you told them that I'm focusing on production lately?"

"Yes and they're not contented with that alone. They want you to write, Taeyeon.” Sooyoung emphasized. She stood up and picked up her purse from the seat. "It must be a sign for you to quit lazying around your pool of passive money and go stick back doing real work like how you started."

"Hey, what does that supposed to mean?"

"It doesn't have to mean anything. It's not like you're gonna drop this. It's good money, right?" Sooyoung smiled, her eyes transforming into a thin line. Taeyeon swore, she heard the vile spelled out behind her manager's words.

"Who is the girl anyway?" The quick question erupted. Sooyoung was already at the door, her back afaced Taeyeon.

"Try making it early next week. Maybe you'll find out yourself." And she bid her goodbye, leaving Taeyeon alone with her thoughts.

A message popped up on her phone.

"You have internship duties some time later. Sorry if I couldn't tell you soon and personally."


 

The song ended and Taeyeon waited for a response.

She should get used with the suspense that automatically unfolded as her demos finished playing. Blank faces, ears perked either in search of a flaw or just mere anticipation for a great song. Taeyeon had done this process many times and the severity of her anxiety, from the beginning of her career and up to the present, stayed the same. It's like putting herself in an Alfred Hitchcock movie where she gets terrified over something she hasn't seen yet but knew it was there.

This wasn't even her song. Jonghyun asked her a friendly favor if she could produce his carrier single for an upcoming album. Taeyeon couldn't say no, importantly because they were each other's pillars when they were just starting in the music business. Taeyeon thought of him as her best friend.

"I wrote that song?" Jonghyun looked confused and took off the earplugs. His gaze was trained on Taeyeon's Hawaiian Girl dashboard doll, taped on the table and shaking its hips left and right. She didn't take the bewilderment negatively. Rather, a compliment on her part.

This was by far the most comfortable demo introduction Taeyeon had ever done. They're just sitting on her couch with her music player like casually listening to a shuffle from her playlist.

"You did." Taeyeon patted his back, her way of congratulating him. It was Jonghyun's first time to use his self-composed song as title track after long stipulations and pleas. "I ticked a little with your arrangement. I hope you don't mind."

"Are you kidding? I was embarrassed when I gave you the song because I thought it was terrible."

"And how many times do I have to tell you that it wasn't terrible?" She grumbled. "You could release the song in acoustic but judging your style," Taeyeon air-quoted. "that can't be done."

"I'm innocent. It's the company, you know, and twenty five percent because of him too." He said with his hands in the air. "I was even begging him to let me sing my own song."

"I'm not saying it's your fault." Taeyeon laughed. "And I know it was Yujin. He's a production director, but has no inkling in putting out a good album. I don't get why he couldn't hear that problem."

Regardless whether the songs were decent or underwhelming, it's gonna top the charts and fans will rake the albums from store shelves. That's how Jonghyun's career became cemented that he could market and sell anything.

"He's not very good in making music either. You should have taken his position when they offered it to you."

"That's a big no, fella. My talents are not meant for leading artists to what kind of musical direction should they establish themselves for and I admit, he excels at that. Also, he's older. You know how seniority runs in the country."

"But you shed light for them? If it wasn't for you, I would have let tyranny to take over my music as we speak."

Jonghyun didn't need to say it directly, but Taeyeon knew that the boy admired her too much in ways that children would follow their role models. Her advices and opinions served utmost importance to him, whether it'd be a 2am emergency call or an urgent text because Taeyeib was busy catering the needs of other singers in their label. Taeyeon thought it's because, somehow, she paved way to achieve the dream he's living right now, resulting to an unending express of his gratitude.

For Taeyeon, she's not really much of the person that Jonghyun still found her to be. Maybe during the earlier years, she'd be swell to consider the honor she was being paid of amongst the sea of doubts and distrust she had to experience. But now, she couldn't accept them with open arms. Things were different compared to the past years.

"I'm happy being a freelancer of sort, working with different people and getting tossed to wherever they'll find me useful."

"Interacting with different people became your favorite thing now? When did this happen?"

Taeyeon expected the joke. In return, she brought up her fist and faked to land him a punch. Jonghyun was ready to parry it for defense. Taeyeon just laughed.

"I have a number of friends, mind you and I'm still happy. That's the point."

"But really, it's pretty amazing how you could just lock yourself up in your little studio and use your Taeyeon magic then poof, there's your hit single." Taeyeon smiled, her fingers busy navigating on the screen of her player. Here he was again with his brigade of appreciation. "As long as you touch a song, it's turns gold. How do you even do that?"

Jonghyun didn't make the slightest effort to hide his awe. Taeyeon grabbed his phone that laid on the table to send the mp3 file of the song.

"Are you gonna steal money from me by practicing what I do?" Then Taeyeon snickered.

"I'm not going to be a threat, taeyeob. I just want to experiment more and the only way I could do that is if I learn what you do."

"You requesting for my advice again?" Jonghyun's nuanced implications tipped her off.

"If you're willing to give me one."

Taeyeon sunk on the couch and gave a pondering look. How was she supposed to offer an advice when songwriting was also something Taeyeon couldn't understand? It's an art that she, at the demand of the circumstances, forced herself to do and if she's in the right mood, it'll all come down aesthetically like rain.

"I guess you could just buy yourself a few equipments. Fiddle with it and you'll find what you're looking for. That's what I did when I started writing and making music. "

"That's very...convenient and helpful." He grimaced. It wasn't the kind of words of wisdom he expected from Taeyeon because not everyone was musically gifted like her. "By the way, are you attending the KMCAs?"

Korean Music And Content Awards, the annual year-end celebration that presented and recognized achievements of the music industry. An event with lots of product placements, a no show no award skit and only bored Taeyeon. To death.

"I won't. I have something else in mind for that day."

"That's a bummer." He pouted. "I heard Jes-"

"Don't mention her name." Taeyeon beat him to it. Like her day couldn't get even worse after the JD Records deal and the intern babysitting job. The thought of that made her stomach brew.

"It's been two months. Still not over her?"

Taeyeon just rolled her eyes. The idea of her ex-(not-so)girlfriend's attendance in an event she didn't want to be part of was tempting Taeyeon to do the opposite. It wouldn't hurt to sit through a two-hour bore fest and wait for the after party so she could confirm to herself and end her curiosity that Jessica Jung wasn't really the happy and glitz-and-glam girl she'd catch from press photos and TV, but became a miserable er behind the cameras after she left Taeyeon.

Maybe then, she'll move on.



Taeyeon was at the step of her front door, silently praying for something that she once again felt wasn't there anymore. After a few beats she mentally tapped in her head, she slipped her key.

She surveyed her foyer, walking in her little steps that became a ritual as time went by. She stopped in front of the room made of foam that diffused and halted any sound that might come out from the inside. Ironic because this was her home studio, but each of her instruments were stashed inside the secret cabinets located behind the walls. It was only left with a couch across the mixer and beside was an old acoustic guitar from high school, the cherryburn paint already a bit washed up.

She was about to enter, her hand already latched on the knob, until her mind changed the last minute.

There's still next time.

Another "next time" gone wasted in a day. Taeyeon had learned to cope with that.





Taeyeon was tables behind from the stage, making it easy to spike up her juice without getting caught. Alcohol wasn't allowed until after party and Taeyeon had no patience to wait for that.

This was what she loathed about award shows. It pretty much just displayed how divided their world was. They could be wearing the same overpriced luxury brands, but the fine line was still there. If this was a pyramid, these celebrities were at the top and the many more of Taeyeon's kind were the middle tier.

It didn't matter that songwriters, producers and music engineers earned similar millions amount as these singers and idol groups. Celebrities were a far more interesting group who had built sorts of images to the public eye. They're gods and goddesses - a class of their own that everyone seemed to envy, fantasize and desire.

With love, hate also came because hey, who didn't wanna ruin something perfect as that?

And the Artist of the Year Award goes to.....Jessica Jung.

She walked up the stage in a gold sparkly dress, her brunette locks tied in a neat pony tail with some strands dangling on the side of her face. Unison claps erupted from the bottom floor where the invited guests, nominees and award officials were expected to act formally. While the ones at the audience area were cheering, shouting and screaming because the beautiful, vocal prowess and public darling Jessica Jung had won her fifth and the most prestigious award among the major categories.

Jessica  accepted the trophy with a huge smile plastered on her face. Taeyeon just scoffed as the scene came in sight on the monitor. She kept an eye on Jessica, although she could only catch her side profile. Taeyeon didn't bother to hide it. She hadn't seen Jessica since she decided to have nothing to do with Taeyeon anymore. They were part of the same company and worked in one building, but never did their paths crossed. Taeyeon happened to be very good at avoiding people since she was a child. She observed her every move, probably waiting for the girl to pay her attention the same way Taeyeon had been unconsciously paying attention to her.

Referring again to the pyramid, Jessica Jung owned the throne of the prime. But all Taeyeon could see Jessica as was a manipulative, stuck up that she still cared about.

"Are you burning the ant to the ground?"

Taeyeon shot a glare at Sooyoung. It didn't make the spark of a small conversation any convenient when they were tabled with people who had no idea that Jessica Jung dated Kim Taeyeon. They're not exactly strangers because Taeyeon knew them in full name and portfolio basis. Even before, they spoke in codes when mentioning Jessica.

"I'm not doing any of that. Besides, she's fireproof."

"Then burn her hill and destroy her colony."

"Are you asking me to torch the ant's house?"

It wasn't foreign to Taeyeon that Sooyoung was not fond of Jessica. When she found out
Taeyeon was dating her, she warned her that she just invited chaos to her life.

"It's five million dollars. The ant just bought it last month."

"Should I celebrate that she purchased an expensive, high end home after she broke my heart?"

"Who knows? Maybe the ant bought a new house to rid memories of you."

"I didn't know you got a melodramatic side in you."

Even the whispering between her and Sooyoung didn't stop Taeyeon's eyes from meeting the dark, smokey palette ones that Jessica owned.

Jessica Jung looked at her. Ten feet away, but they were locked in a stare like they're face to face. Jessica's gaze sauntered to Taeyeon amid returning to her table. The world, yet again, stopped spinning for Taeyeon. As though no other people co-existed within the room but her and the singer.

Taeyeon wanted to lift her hand and say hello, for old time's sakes. She edged her will not to. She wasn't supposed to miss Jessica this much.

It must be the lighting or the dull ambience of the wide hall, but for the first time, there was longing present in Jessica's eyes.

 



Taeyeon didn't like to have her hopes flying high and only to see it disappear in the skies like a balloon, especially when it involved Jessica Jung who tugged her along in a leash like some damn animal. But Jessica had the most magnetic and deceiving allure, the wide-eyed fascination towards her made her every word and action appear as if they were genuine.

Thirty minutes ago, they shared probably the most meaningful look between two people that pertained to whatever connection they had that never died. Taeyeon swore that Jessica had never looked at her that way, not even when their minds were consumed by the essence of making love.

The brief, striking moment fell through the cracks. With the ninth glass of whiskey in her hand, she was sulking at a remote corner because she hated being here, but because she's a relevant person in the industry, she had to stick along the crown. "Try to interact and mingle with people so you won't get bored," Sooyoung suggested. Those words didn't leave a good taste in Taeyeon's mouth. Mingle my . And having to lay her eyes at Jessica flirting with some guys on par with her league wasn't any better.

Taeyeon should be angry. Jessica was torturing her when she's knowingly right across the room.

What Taeyeon felt was disgust with a blend of sympathy. How could Jessica be so cruel and give false hopes to every man in this room? Poor guy. Just another one of Jessica's collateral damages.

Jessica was attracting all sorts of controversies to headline the newspapers in the morning. She got used with the rumors attached to her name. Delighted and impressed, even. She said it proved the interest she effectively mustered from the people.

Jessica was crazy for bringing these things to herself. On second thought, maybe Taeyeon was crazier for letting the singer into her life.

Taeyeon was about to drown her boiling stomach with the drink, but a hand snatched away the glass from her.

"I can already hear you complaining a headache tomorrow."

"Soo..." That's all Taeyeon could say when she watched Sooyoung knocked the glass to , slurped the liquid and thumped the glass on the satin-covered table behind.

Sooyoung wasn't the type who drank during important public events like this. Taeyeon was, so Sooyoung was the one who kept her alcohol regulated.

"Loosen up, Taeyeon. You won Producer of the Year, though you didn't personally receive your trophy because you were late again."

"You can have the trophy and put it in the glass case of your house. Take it as my gratification." Taeyeon tried reaching for the champagne on the tray that the server left on the table. Sooyoung slapped the back of her hand, stopping her.

"If you want to unwind, don't deteriorate your liver."

"I'm not trying to get drunk."

"Like the ninety five percent of the population who said they're just having a drink and one hour later, they're wasted and puking and looking like ."

Taeyeon's nose flared, resorting to another attempt. She slipped her hand to the little purse she carried with her and took out the flask. Sooyoung didn't stop her this time. Taeyeon nearly celebrated the victory, only to realize the container was empty.

"You're wasting too much of your vision on Jessica, you haven't noticed that someone was keeping an eye on you too."

That made Taeyeon give up completely.

"I'm talking about myself, by the way."

"Yes. I got that." She replied, annoyed for the umpteenth time.

Sooyoung followed Taeyeon's line of sight, sighing out her exasperation of seeing how Jessica Jung was swayed by a guy who was whispering to her, lips already touching the shell of her ear. Then she stared back at Taeyeon,.

"I hate saying this, but I told you so." Taeyeon just looked down, afraid that Sooyoung would manage to ransack even just a fraction of what's really happening to her.

"You told me that I'll get dragged in a destructive scandal. This," Taeyeon pointed to her chest where her heart was. "is the one you didn't warn me about."

"For the record, I already expected you to like her in the first place. She clearly seduced you and you let yourself catch feelings. I was being a good person so I warned you of the consequence."

Taeyeon didn't see it coming though, but then she's not really sure about that anymore. Jessica Jung belonged in Taeyeon's fictional list of people she'd rather not be associated with. Well, she still was even post break-up and the fact that she couldn't get over her.

One fateful day, they were in the same room. Taeyeon had to replace another producer for a pre-scheduled recording of Jessica's third album. They talked a little, Jessica and her flirtatious ways broke the co-worker setting and Taeyeon finally got glimpse of everything that each citizen of South Korea was buzzing about. Not just everything. Taeyeon saw more.

They worked even closer when Taeyeon was tasked to contribute her songwriting skills for the title track of Jessica's fourth album that shot up the singer's career to a pinnacle. Then the rest fell into place.

The relationship they had was initially a fling of two consenting adults, casually sleeping together because they have needs which both could fulfill above satisfaction. That was until Taeyeon found herself in the pipeline where she started caring about anything that had to do with Jessica. Although her concerns meant giving Jessica the upper hand whenever they're together.

"If you think I'm a love sick fool, then don't because I'm not."

"What are you then?"

"I don't know." She shrugged, searching through invisible lines. Taeyeon wished she could really answer that.

"Okay." Sooyoung nodded. "You're a love sick fool to me until you had that figured."

"Believe what you want. I'm leaving."

Taeyeon went to the balcony, not because Jessica or Sooyoung were competing on who would win first place in getting into her head. A breather seemed nice.

The skies had maps of stars that Taeyeon could draw numbers of random figures. She stood by the railings, gracing her eyes with a better view of the night life in Seoul. The wind swept and kissed her skin.

It was cold. She left her coat inside but chose to embrace the freezing temperature since it didn't bother her. She's not planning to fetch a layer of clothing if it meant she'd see another glimpse of Jessica. Cooped up in the studio for days with nothing but the rowdy AC that blew artificial air, she could use the real one.

Thinking she was alone, Taeyeon got a little startled hearing a soft voice from the other side. She didn't take time to look around the premises and only assumed she had the place to herself because who's in the right mind to waste the opportunity of socializing with stars that appear brighter than the ones outside?

"I'm going home soon, okay?"

The girl said and Taeyeon heard. She immediately wanted to scurry away and give this person her privacy. She looked like she could use it more than Taeyeon.

"Listen, baby."

Taeyeon also followed the sweet words of the girl, sticking her ear tad closer. She's not the type who minded someone else's business nor she'd normally eavesdrop to personal conversations. Heck, she didn't even know who the girl was.

Going back wasn't very appealing. Taeyeon thought it was okay to stall for a while. She could just reason that she didn't intend to overhear.

"I promise I'll make it up to you. Does that sound good?"

It was dark. Just a faint glow from the inside made the balcony bright. A mass of brown hair was tucked behind one ear, so Taeyeon saw the smile curving on the girl's lips. The call ended and Taeyeon, who hadn't tore her eyes away, was caught staring.

"Uh..." She stuttered. Now's the best time to walk away, but she couldn't move her legs. "The party is a snooze, isn't it?"

Pretend you heard nothing. She chanted.

"It's disrespectful listening to other people's conversation like that." The girl faced Taeyeon, sliding the phone back to her purse that hung in a silver chain over her shoulder.

"I-I didn't m-mean to h-hear." Taeyeon tried speaking coherently, but her mind got busy establishing a name for the girl. She was familiar to Taeyeon. The girl must be an actress. She had that kind of beauty. Taeyeon frantically backtracked the presenters of tonight's award show to have a name.

"What a rusty old excuse." The girl muttered, presuming Taeyeon as a paparazzi. Should she feel redeemed or insulted? It was hard to tell. "But I approve the effort for dressing up."

"I'm not-"

"Tell your other friends to quit following me. I'm not interested in seeing my name with fabricated lies from a single click." Her fierce expression didn't lessen.

"God, you're rude." The so many things that could roll off her tongue, it was that comment.

"You want to write an article about my attitude?" She sneered. "I'd be happy to see that one surface and not those stupid stories that were untrue. That way, maybe all of you will start backing away and leave me the hell alone."

The girl her heel and left Taeyeon. She released a sharp breath after holding it for too long. Taeyeon didn't say much, other than the remark, but it was intense.

She tried understanding the girl. It must be an instinct they developed throughout their career, pushing innocent and harmless individuals who unintentionally got close by a measurable distance due to caution, presuming they're only there out of greed and savage. Their slightest mishap was bound with life-changing consequences and many people will be watching them fall down.

And yet, there's one person she knew inside that bloody hall room who'd willfully take risks and managed to go in and out of the lion's den alive and well for the sake of sustaining the peak of people's interest towards her.

Celebrities were complicated people, something that they had in common, and Taeyeon wondered why she still allowed herself to be surrounded with it when Taeyeon herself was complicated enough for her own to handle.

Jessica Jung was gone. The singer was nowhere to be seen when Taeyeon got inside again. She wasn't there anymore. It shouldn't matter.

This was among the complicated parts of her current state because Taeyeon didn't feel overjoyed. She wasn't sure when she'd see Jessica again and the uncertainty irked her.

you, Jessica Jung.

Like the strange girl, Taeyeon decided to follow her instinct.

Home.