The Past

Miss Me?

Yoojung POV

 

I am so excited for the new school year, today is my first day in college and I'm glad that me and my group of close friends all made it to the same performing arts university. We were all in the same dance crew since grade school and we were basically inseparable.

I was moving into my new dorm with my friends when I saw a familiar face in the stairway making out with a girl. 

I didn't think too much about it and just walked pass them, but being my clumsy self, I accidentally tripped about to tumble down the huge flight of stairs. I shut my eyes preparing for the worst until someone grabbed my arm, put their arm around my waist and pulled me up.

I peeked open my eyes a little to see if I'm dead yet but my eyes widened as I soon as I realized who the person that just saved my life was.


"That's was a close one. You should really watch your step. Choi Yoojung" she said smirking.


"K-kim Doyeon?" 
I couldn't help but stutter because I was still in shock.

Is this really Kim Doyeon? This Doyeon is nothing like the person I remembered.

 


Fashback


Our dance coach walked into the gym with a little girl following behind her, "ok kids we have a new member joining our dance team! Her name is Kim Doyeon" 

"She's so tiny!" I spazzed automatically without thinking.

I regretted saying that because Doyeon hid behind the coach looking terrified.

"Yoojung please be nice to Doyeon, it took me a while to convince her to join this dance team" coach lectured

"noo I meant that in a good way! she's really cute" I said smiling cheek to cheek which made Doyeon's face turn really red.

"Alright alright. Doyeon I want you to practice with Yoojung, she's the captain and you can learn a lot from her" coach told Doyeon and gently pushed her towards me because she looked really hesitant.

Wow shes so small and cute I want to keep her in my pocket 

 

-


Doyeon POV

It's been three month since I've been training with Yoojung and I still can't stop blushing whenever she does skin ship with me even though we were pretty close.

It happened ever since the day we met, when she called me cute... Is it because I had a crush on her? I don't know and you can call me clingy but I never want to leave Yoojung's side.

She was only a month older than me but she treated me like I'm her daughter or something. I'm not complaining since she holds my hand when ever we walk together, kisses my cheek out of no where and calls me cute, but I want her to think of me as something more than just a daughter...

Yoojung would walk me to school everyday since my house was on the way. We would go to dance practice together after class and if I didn't understand anything she would come over to my house and teach me. 


It was lunch time which means I can finally meet up with Yoojung.

"Hey shortie!" she said running to me to pinch my cheeks

"I told you to stop calling me that!" I said rubbing my cheek and frowning

"Not my fault you're so tiny haha"

"Wait tiill I hit my growth spurt! I will be a head taller than you!" I backfired

"sure thing short stuff let's go get lunch" she said linking our arms

 

"over here guys!" Sejeong unnie screamed waving her arm

"they know we're here you don't have to scream!" Chungha unnie said slapping sejeong unnie's arm down


We sat down at our usual table that only our dance team sits at. 

"unnie why are you always so mean to me" Sejeong unnie pouted

"because you're always embarrassing"

"isn't that why you love me so much?" sejeong unnie responded with a wink

"be quiet and eat" Chungha unnie said while shoving a spoon full of rice into

I giggled at how cute these unnies were. Sejeong unnie confessed to Chungha unnie a month after I joined the team and they became the cutest and most popular couple in school. 

I wish I had the guts to confess to confess to Yoojung...

Wait what am I saying? I don't like Yoojung that way... do I?

I was brought out of my thoughts when Somi started talking about the dance competition that's coming up. I was nervous because I didn't feel ready for it but Yoojung kept telling me that I will do great.

 


-

 


I got out of class early today and saw a text from my dad

12:30pm
From: Dad

Honey... I'm sorry to tell you so suddenly but I have to move to the states for work. I know it is unfair to force you to move with me so I will give you a choice to stay with your aunt here in korea. You have 2 weeks to decide, but I really hope you choose to come with me. What ever you decide, just know you will always be my little girl and I love you very much 

-Dad


.
.
.


We barely moved here for 3 months and he wants us to move again?!

2 weeks to decide... That's the day of our dance competition!


I really am going to miss my dad but I can't leave this place.. 

This is my home...

This is where my friends are...

This is where Yoojung is...

 

-

 

 

It's a day before the competition and I'm feeling pretty good about. besides the fact that my dad is going to leave me...

The team and I have been practicing non stop day and night and I have confidence that we will win this. 

One day during practice, Yoojung seemed really tired and sick. 

She kept coughing and looked kind of pale. I told her that I'd take her home but she insisted on practicing since we were just days away from the competition. 

"Yoojung ah let's go home and rest. We can practice tomorrow!" I said trying to convince her

"No we're still not perfect" she said getting up.

I grabbed her wrist to pull her down to rest but she flinched a little and pulled her hand away.

Whats her problem??


We continued to practice but when I turned around to make sure Yoojung was ok, she was lying on the floor..

I ran to her and asked her if she's ok but no response...

I put my hand on her forehead and gasped because she was burning up.

I didn't know what was happening so I immediately carried her on my back with the help of the other members and ran to the nurses office.

Although she was taller than me, she felt pretty light on my back.

We got to the nurses office and the nurse examined her and gave her an IV drip.

I texted the members on our group chat that Yoojung just has a cold and not to worry.

5:00pm
From: Dodojjyu

hey guys don't worry too much about Yoojung. The nurse said shes fine and that she will wake up soon. You guys can keep practicing! Hwaiting!

5:01pm
From: Chungie_k

ok! please take good care of my baby!


From: Chungie's Bae

thank god! you get some rest too alright?


From: Maknae_on_top

Ofc Doyeon will take good care of Yoojung she doesn't mind one bit -wink emoji-

From: Strawberry_Chae

Alright! Be safe getting home!

From: Pengi

glad Yoojung is ok! lucky you guys don't have to practice ;((

5:02pm
From: Chungie_k

Yah kim sejeong when r u going to change your user name you're not my bae!

From: Chungie's bae

Oh but I am ;) Love you baby :*

From: Pink_qiong

yah can u two get a room? anyway, tell yoojung I said to get well soon! 

From: Dodojjyu

Jeon Somi u better watch your mouth! and haha alright guys good luck bye :)

 

Somi, that kid... she's the first and only person that found out my crush on Yoojung... She knows how whipped I am for Yoojung and she never fails to tease me about it...

I put my phone down and just stared at Yoojung. How can someone look so angelic when they're just sleeping.

 

-

 

Yoojung POV

I wake up to see myself in my room and oh god my head hurts so bad. I don't really remember what happened, only up until Doyeon told me to stop practicing and I jerked my hand away from her.

I didn't want her to know that I was sick, knowing her, she wouldn't have let me practice.

I turned around and felt some laying next to me.


It was Doyeon.


Poor baby must have been worried sick.. I moved the hair away from her face and couldn't resist but to kiss her on the cheek. Then I remembered that I was sick so I tried to wipe it off.

I didn't want to wake her up so I checked my phone to see what happened last night.

10:15am
From: Yoodangjjyu

Good morning guy! What happened last night? and did we perfect the routine yet?

10:16am
From: Chungie_K

Omg! Good morning baby! you're finally awake! are you feeling better?

From: Chungie's Bae

aww I thought I was your only baby ;(( 
and good morning daengie!

From: Yoodaengjjyu

Thanks I'm  feeling better now but what happened??

10:17am
From: Maknae_on_top

Goooooooood morning!
Doyeon carried you to the nurse and called your parents then she decided to follow you home cuz thats how much she cares about you ;))

From: Yoodaengjjyu

Really? I didn't think this tiny baby could carry me haha 
I'm really thankful for to her though  love u guys :)<3

I out my phone down and stare at Doyeon's sleeping face and she's honestly so cute I just wanna pinch her cheeks. She started twisting and turning then her arms and legs landed on top of me. Her hand was on my right chest... She squeezed it a bit and I started blushing mad. 

Why am I feeling this way? It's just Doyeon my tiny baby!

 

-

 


Doyeon POV

It was the day of the competition and the last day to make the choice of leaving or staying in Korea. I was gona go freshen up before rehearsals when all of a sudden...

 

"you and doyeon have gotten really close huh" I heard a voice say my name from the restroom.

I walk closer to the door to hear who was talking about me and what they were talking about.


Worst decision of my life..


It was one of the girls in our class that had a crush on Yoojung and shes asking about me.


"yea she's my precious baby" she said nonchalantly and made my heart pound.

"so you like her?" Yerin asked

"of course I do, why wouldn't I?" Yoojung said giving a weird look

It's like Yerin saw me at the door or something and wanted to crush my heart or something. She got dangerously close to Yoojung and asked, "no I mean do you like her like her, as in relationship"

Yoojung's left eyebrow raised

"I mean I love Doyeon but I don't think I love her in that way, plus she's a tiny shy baby. My ideal type is a tall and chic person that can sweep me off my feet, and be caring and cute at the same time.. but only to me"

.
.
.


After hearing that, my heart tore into millions of tiny pieces... I honestly though Yoojung would accept me.. 

I was planning on confessing after we win the competition, but now it's all ruined.

I ran to an empty room and cried my soul out. 

I got my thoughts together...

3:45pm 
To: Daddy

Hey dad, I have decided. Let's go to go to America together.

3:46pm
From: Dad

That's great! I will get all your luggages from your aunts house and we fly tonight! I'll pick you up after your competition!


With that said, I went to wash my face so no one can tell I cried and went to rehearsals.

 

 

 

 


A/n: Hello~ I just wanted to say congrats to IOI on #veryveryvery1stwin ! I'm so proud of them and I will never forget about them ㅜㅜ I really don't want them to disband ;( 

I cried when they all cried and spazzed over sechung, dodaeng and sedo haha

I typed this on my phone so sorry for any mistakes haha. I'm not sure where I want to go with this story so be patient with me haha I hope you enjoy!