Take Me Out of This Hell

Caught in Evil

The moment Jimin opened his sore eyes he wish he hadn’t. Dark emptiness was blissful compared to his current reality. The light which hit his face only presented all the dried up emotions which were printed like tattoos on his skin.

 

Jimin painfully moved from his back to sit up on the soft bed. His chest still ached from all the crying he had done the night before. He gently put his hand over his heart, that was where most of the strain was coming from.

 

“You’re awake Hyung?” A kind voice came from beside him. He turned his attention from the agony to look into brown eyes. They were full of sympathy, worry, and possibly sadness. He wished to put his hand out, to ask him to stop feeling bad because of him, but he couldn’t, instead he just stared into those sweet eyes and began to tear up.

 

Jungkook watched as Jimin broke out into tears once more. It pulled on his own heart and caused his eyes to copy Jimin’s. Seeing his hyung like this was honestly horrible. He felt useless and just wished for him to be happy.

 

“Please don’t cry.” Jungkook spoke, a little shaky. It was a request which he knew could not be fulfilled so easily as it was asked. Jimin still tried his best and nodded, bring his hand to his cold face and wiping away what he could.

 

“Let’s get up. We’ve got a schedule today.” Taehyung came from behind Jungkook, a smile placed on his face. Jimin tried to use his positivity and as he pushed himself up off the bed both of the boys put their hands out to help him. He was thankful so he forced a broken half smile on his face. Sadly, this only seemed to worry them more.

 

Both of the younger boys wrapped their arms around Jimin’s waist and held him up. His body was still unstable so they began moving forward with him. Once he found his footing they both let him go and took a step back.

 

He was back on his feet and steady. Taehyung and Jungkook looked at each other, lightly smiling. It was a very small improvement, but he was beginning to come back. Much better than what he had been.

 

“Thanks. But could I borrow some clothing?” Jimin finally found the energy to speak, thinking about his image. He was going to have to face Hoseok, and although he wouldn’t be able to hide his pain, he could at least change out of what he wore the night before. Apart from the fact he smelt, he also didn’t want to seem like a complete wreck, even though he most definitely was.

Taehyung nodded quickly and happily pulled out some clothing for Jimin. “Here Hyung.” He handed him the basic attire. Jimin thanked him with a small grin taking the clothing and moving into the bathroom across from their room.

 

Jungkook and Taehyung watched from behind making sure their Hyung made it safely. They both shared knowing looks of worry for this moment, and what was to eventually come. Neither had an idea of what Hoseok’s current condition was, but if it was anything like Jimin’s, they were bound to have some drama on their hands.

 

Jimin pulled off his clothing and replaced it with a fresh set. He knew he still wasn’t stable, wasn’t ready for this, for him. The moment he saw Hoseok’s face he was either going to beg or weep, and both sounded pathetic.

 

Jimin avoided the mirror, afraid of what would be looking back at him. He hoped it would be himself but he saw the way Jungkook and Taehyung looked at him. He saw the way they babied him. He knew he looked like a broken mess without having to even look at his own dulled reflection.

 

Ten minutes past and Jimin finally emerged from the room. Taehyung and Jungkook sighed with relief. They had been previously biting their nails in anticipation, ready to burst through the door if something bad happened.

 

“Well, let’s go.” Jimin tried to be enthusiastic but his voice broke. The younger boys ignored his muck up and just smiled in response. This seemed to lighten Jimin’s face a little bit, but as much as he tried to wash away his misery, the pain could still be seen in his hazy eyes.

 

-

 

Jimin walked behind the maknae hiding himself in his shadow, not wanting to be seen by everyone else. He wished to be anywhere but here. Those dark, alluring eyes would find him, which made him terrified.

 

A mixture of voices could be heard. Namjoon’s strong voice was the head of the discussion, Seokjin whining occasionally and Yoongi speaking high levels of sarcasm. It brought colour back to Jimin’s face. He truly did love s for all the love, trust, and support they had given to him all these years, so just hearing them speak made him happy.

 

It was the voice which he hadn’t heard that he feared the most. He knew he was going about this in a childish fashion but how else was he meant to face Hoseok. He didn’t have enough strength in himself to look at him in the face, it would just make him break into tears.

 

Some may even say Jimin was being melodramatic, and he probably was to some degree, but he had just had his heart broken for the first time, and that hurts. Imagine as if you build your life around something, and then that thing is ripped away from you and then you are left alone by yourself with everything you had planned, torn apart. This is Jimin’s suffering. He felt as if he were torn into pieces.

 

“Oh, Hoseok.” Jimin’s positivity was crushed. Just the mentioning of his name made his eyes water. He wanted to escape, but was frozen, unable to do anything but stare at the material covering Jungkook’s back.

 

“Hyung.” Hoseok bluntly replied. His tone and attitude stunned the other members. Hoseok was the happy one with loads of energy, always ready to jump around. Now he was wearing a large mask covering his face and his eyes were lowered to the ground.

 

Namjoon, being the genius he is, automatically pieced together the appearance of both Jimin and Hoseok being related. Jimin was hiding himself away behind Jungkook, and Hoseok was hiding himself away behind clothing. Yoongi seemed to understand quickly as well and shared a knowing look with Namjoon.

 

Taehyung went to speak and explain the situation but was interrupted by Namjoon. “So our schedule isn’t as packed as we originally thought. We only have to go to one shoot today.” Not wanting to bring up the topic just yet, Namjoon diverted and brought the attention of everyone to something else pleasing.

 

Jimin’s palms began to sweat, and his eyes begin to sting. He hadn’t even seen Hoseok yet, but he just wanted to break down right there from the sound of his voice. If he did see him, he’d only want to so he could witness his condition. ‘How was he doing? Was he okay?’ Were the thoughts that burdened Jimin’s mind.

 

Haltingly Jimin came out from behind Jungkook. His eyes were trained to the floor, not daring to look up yet. All he saw was the pale white of the floor and a mixture of branded shoes. Black, white, red. The colours began to blend together as Jimin became dizzy and unsure of his reality.

 

“Jimin.” He heard a voice, but was unable to identify it. Such sorrow had never been placed upon Jimin, and now that it was, he felt like he was crumbling. Hate had hurt him, physical pain had hurt him, but they were nothing compared to this emotional torment.

 

“Jimin!” The voice spoke again, trying to free him from his abyss of thought. He snapped his head up to look at the other members. His body felt completely numb. Their eyes were all focused onto him, expressions all sympathetic. Apart from one of them, Jung Hoseok. He was something more than that. He looked as if the same pain was being inflicted upon himself.

 

The boys watched multiple tears fall from Jimin’s down looking eyes. His face looked empty, almost completely expressionless.

Namjoon was the first to call out Jimin’s name, but from the lack of reply Yoongi spoke up louder than Namjoon, calling his name. The younger boy's head flew up and everyone’s hearts fell, seeing the pain obviously consuming him.

 

Hoseok’s already aching heart, tightened more. He wanted Jimin to be mad at him, he wanted him to hate him, he wanted him to be okay... but he wasn’t. He was far from okay. When Hoseok saw his broken smile he wanted to make it go away. To hold him, comfort him, and make him smile. But he knew he couldn’t.

 

The only reason Hoseok had made this decision, was because it was becoming dangerous. If people were to figure it all out, then they could be ruined. Not only Jimin and himself, but the whole group. South Korea wasn’t ready for an openly homoual couple just yet. They wouldn’t be able to handle it.

 

So he couldn’t take that risk.

 

“Jimin...” He still spoke, defying himself. His hand shook, languidly lifting up unconsciously, as if he were to reach out for him. Jimin’s attention became centered onto Hoseok, their eyes meeting. The tension grew thick between them and it affected everyone else.

 

“I’m sorry.” Jimin croaked out before fleeing. He ran as fast as he could in the opposite direction to the man with the alluring brown eyes. Just seeing him, made Jimin want to cling onto him and beg, plead, for him to not give up on them. He wasn’t strong enough to face Hoseok just yet without looking like a fool.

 

Hoseok’s hand fell back to his side. His eyes became blurry, making everything harder to see. He didn’t want to be here anymore. He didn’t want to feel the crushing from all this guilt. He knew he was at fault for all that pain Jimin held, but his fear was too strong to make it stop.

 

Namjoon chased after Jimin, following the sound of rushed footsteps. Quickly the pounding stopped and Namjoon pushed open the bathroom door. Jimin had his hands on either side of the sink and was glaring at his own reflection. His knuckles had gone white from the amount of pressure he was using to grab hold of the hard material.

 

“Jimin.” Namjoon spoke, taking careful strides towards the younger boy. Jimin had his attention focused to the thick glass, and the monster which seemed to stare back at him. He was pale, with dried and fresh tears both coating his face.

 

“What’s happening to me?” He mutters out. Namjoon moves closer, calmingly placing his hand on Jimin’s back. “Why does it hurt so much?” His hand moves from the sink and grabs a fistfull of the clothing covering his heart, tugging at it.

 

Namjoon rubbed his hand in circles on Jimin’s back. Gradually his grip loosened and he turned his eyes away from the mirror. Suddenly he spun round and hugged the taller member. He clung onto him tightly, burying his face into Namjoon’s solid chest.

 

“Just tell me what happened.” He hugged back, continuing to rub Jimin’s back comfortingly. Namjoon had already made an idea of the situation, but hearing it from Jimin himself would make it all completely clear.

 

“Well...” Jimin tried to speak. “H-Hoseok s-said that...” His words were muffled but Namjoon gave his full attention. “...he thought it would b-best for the g-group if w-we b-b-bro...” He just kept repeating the sound, unable to actually pronounce the word. “...broke up.” He finally got out the tears coming back and soaking into Namjoon’s cotton shirt.

 

“It’s okay.” Namjoon said, not stopping his hand from moving. “You’re going through heartbreak.” It was more than Namjoon had assumed. He thought it was only a heated argument, but this was something much bigger. “He probably got scared. He’ll make his way back eventually.” He reassures him. “Because he loves you as much as you love him.”

 

Those words caused Jimin’s tears to stop. He knew Hoseok loved him, after the boy told him thousands of times, but he had never been told by one of the other members. Slowly he pulled himself away from Namjoon, to look up into his eyes. “Really?” He asked, a glint of hope appearing.

 

“Of course. So let’s go back, okay?” A small but warm smile radiated from Namjoon’s face. Jimin took a deep breath in and out, then turned to the door, placing his shaking, small hand on the knob. Slowly he turned it and exited the bathroom with Namjoon behind him.

 

They came back to the other members quietly. Everyone was waiting for them, well, apart from Hoseok who had left at the same time Namjoon did. They all sighed with relief and approached Jimin.

 

“Are you okay?” Seokjin asked, followed by Taehyung saying. “We’re all here for you Hyung.” Yoongi and Jungkook also looked over at the two, their concern obvious but fading. After seeing Jimin with a slight glow everyone was relieved.

 

“Where’s Hoseok?” Namjoon asks with a raised eyebrow. Yoongi seemed to sigh. “He left as soon as you did. He claimed he wasn’t feeling well.” The other members looked down at the ground avoiding Jimin’s gaze. “ I was planning on talking to him later.” Yoongi added, giving a quick subtle smile.

 

Jimin also brought his eyes to the plain coloured ground, letting how a small breath. All the members were looking after him, because Hoseok was the one who broke it off, But Jimin knew Hoseok deeply ached as well.