Chapter 1

Candy Hearts (one-shot)

Chapter 1

Gui Gui walked along the hallway ignoring all the happy couples around her. She quickened her pace, intent on reaching her destination as soon as possible. Today just happened to be one of her most dreaded days. In fact she hated or rather loathed this day. Rounding up the corner, Gui Gui almost sigh in relief when she saw the library in her view. She quickly entered and find a place to stay.

She decided to sit down on her usual place. She fished out a book in her bag and began to read. Only a few minutes just passed when she suddenly closed it and sighed in annoyance. She couldn't concentrate, not when she could hear laughters and people talking about their plans for this day. It's official. Gui Gui is a big loser. Today was Valentine's Day but here she was, sitting in a deserted library, all by herself with nothing but her book to keep her company.

It's not like Gui Gui had a date or something. Who in their right mind would want to spend the most romantic day with her? Unlike her friends who are really popular and well sought, Gui Gui is rather... plain. No, she is not ugly, in fact according to her friends she is rather pretty, she just don't give a damn to take care of her appearance. And she's rather boring too. Instead of shopping or gossiping, she prefers studying and reading books. Not to mention that she's rather fiesty and her patience was not strong. No wonder nobody asked her out for a date. Well, her friends actually asked her to join them but she immediately refused that proposition. She doesn't want to be a chaperone. Besides, she secretly knew that her friends wanted to spend some alone time with their lovers.

Sighing in defeat, Gui Gui took out a pack of candy hearts with phrases written on each. She picked a randomone. 'True Love' was written on it. 'I wonder when I will meet mine', she thought before putting it in . Gui Gui was so deep in her thoughts that she failed to notice a young man watching all her actions.

Gui Gui was brought back in her trance when she heard the scrapping of a chair. She looked up and saw the handsome man, by the name of Aaron Yan sitting across from her.

Oh yes, the one and only Aaron Yan. The most popular bachelor of the school. Girls practically swoon and constantly have those dreamy eyes when he's around. Why not? He's handsome, rich, intelligent, good at sports and has a great voice. Every girl just wants to throw their self to him.

Gui Gui quirked an eyebrow and Aaron just smirked at her. The two have known each other since young and it's a well known fact that they hated each other with a passion. Gui Gui thought Aaron as a slimy bastard and an arrogant freak. Aaron on the other hand made Gui Gui's life like a living hell. He always taunted her and she was sure that he was up to no good. He was just probably there to make fun of her situation being dateless this day.

She warily watched him as he reached his hand across the table and picked up a purple candy heart on the top of her pack. He picked it up and a small smile was formed upon reading it. He slid it across the table for her to catch. Gui Gui looked at him with curiosity before reading it. 'Guess What?' is what it said.

She threw the candy back to Aaron. He caught it and popped it into his mouth. Gui Gui then searched among the stack of the colorful candy until she found a good response. She laughed in triumph when she saw a blue heart with a 'Get Lost' written on it. She smiled and handed it to him.

Aaron read it and immediately frowned. He then stole the bag from her and searched for another candy from her stash. He smirked at it, apparently pleased at what it expressed.

Gui Gui can't help but raised another eyebrow. Aaron reached for her hand and placed the heart in her palm. Gui Gui read it silently for a couple of times before bringing her attention to him. 'I'm in love'. Aaron was leaning on the table, his chin on his hands. He was looking at her expectantly and Gui Gui can't help but feel a little angry with his antics. Leave it to him to rubbed it on her face being loveless and all with his talk of being in love. She popped the candy in and gritted her teeth while searching the heart stash.

Aaron could barely contain his curiosity. He tried to see what the writing on the small yellow heart said before she gave it to him.

Gui Gui saw him peeking and shot him a disapproving look. He smiled at her sheepishly and she raised her eyebrow again. She's been doing it a lot for the past few minutes. Holding the candy between her fingers, she waited for him to take it. She didn't have to wait that long ad he snatched it away excitedly.

'Who?'

Aaron handed her a red heart.

'I ♥ YOU.'

She almost fell on her seat as she laughed her head off. Aaron loved her? Impossible! What was he thinking? Like she would believe he loved her! Spreading the candies on the table to get a better look at the sayings, Gui Gui managed to find two hearts that will rebuke it. She slid it over to him, still laughing.

'Yeah Right' and 'Whatever'. Aaron was clearly annoyed and ticked off. He picked up a pink heart and threw it at her, scowling.

Gui Gui caught it before it bounced off her forehead. He was obviously angry, but she had no idea why. It wasn't like he really loved her, right? There's no way that it's true, right? This was just all a joke, right? But why was she feeling so nervous about it? Gui Gui looked down at the candy and gasped. 'All True' it said. She quickly glanced up at him, observing his face. There was no emotion shown, he was just sitting there with a blank expression waiting patiently for her response.

Aaron stole the small confection from her outstretched hand and can't help but grin as he read it: 'No way'. He raised his eyebrow at her and almost laughed at her dumbfounded expression. He stared at her for a few seconds, his eyed never leaving hers, before placing another heart in her palm.

Gui Gui was very nervous now. She almost wanted this game to stop. She was not sure where this joke will be heading. She slowly looked down at her palm and read. 'You're Mine'

Aaron chuckled silently when a blush graced Gui Gui's face. She's just so cute. He knew that nobody had ever confessed to her before, all thanks to him by the way. He just can't stand seeing his Gui Gui in the arms of another so he threatened and drove away all her wannabe suitors. She might not know it but she was quite popular too. She has this natural beauty and the fact that she was not aware of it was a turn on.

Minutes passed by and the silence between then was unbearable. Aaron looked at Gui Gui anxiously thinking what was going on her mind. She was staring at the candy and biting her bottom lips, a habit when she was nervous. Deciding to step it further, Aaron picked another candy and slid it over at her side.

Startled, Gui Gui read the candy. She wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. 'Kiss Me' was what it said. Surely he's not thinking that she will oblige. She almost believe that he was serious. But she just can't help but feel her heart clenched in her chest.

Aaron watched her as she stared, yet again, at the candy. He thought that maybe he had gone too far by asking for a kiss. But he just can't help it. He had been tempted too many times to just grab her, push her against the wall and kiss her senseless. His self control was starting to reach its limits!

Gui Gui looked at Aaron and was startled when he gave her a smile. A geniune smile. Yes, they have known each other for years but she never saw him smile like that at her for the longest time. She was used in seeing his sneer and mocking smile that she almost forgot how beautiful his real smile was. Tentatively, she smiled back at him and his smile grew even wider. She rummage through the candy, trying her best not to let him show the effect he had on her. With a great difficulty to steady her shaking hands, she threw a blue heart at him and smirked.

'Drop Dead'

Aaron then realized that Gui Gui did not believe anything that he was saying, or rather showing. He can't blame her though. All these years he treated her as if he hated her, which was definitely not the case. He had followed her to the library for the sole purpose of telling her once and for all how he really felt about her. How he loved her since they were young. And how he acted like a jerk because he’s always nervous every time she’s near. This was their last year in this school and though he knew that he’ll still be able to see her since their parents are good friends with each other, Aaron was aware that he will not be able to fend off the guys all the time. Anything could happen once they’re outside of this school. Heck, she may get herself a boyfriend and marry that bastard, and… and… Aaron just can’t let that happen!

Gui Gui sat and curiously observed Aaron as he struggled to convey his feelings with the remaining candy hearts on the table. He snatched some of the candies then lined them up. He sighed before sliding it over to her.

‘I ♥ YOU’
‘Only You’
‘My True Love’
‘No Doubt’
'You and I'
'Soulmates'
''Then’

Aaron watched Gui Gui read his pathetic attempt at romance. His heart was racing, his palms sweaty, his knees shaking, and his his mouth was suddenly dry.

Gui Gui read each candies, her heart was beating furiously she was afraid that Aaron could hear it. She read the last word and looked up at him, surprised that he was already standing beside her. "Then? Then what?" She asked.

Hearing his cue, Aaron grabbed her and kissed her tenderly. Gently. Passionately. Pulling her against him. Hugging her tightly. Giving it all to convey all his feelings for her.

Gui Gui can't believe it. Things were surreal. Aaron was kissing her! His pounding heartbeat the only proof that she was not dreaming. She just can't really believe it! All this time she thought that Aaron hated her, that he despised her. Truth to be told, she was one of those girls who fell for Aaron's charms. She just buried her feelings deep down since she knew that he will never feel the same way. But it looked like she was wrong.

Aaron pulled away and rest his forehead on hers. "You're mine." He whispered, caressing her cheeks. Gui Gui leaned in his touch. She placed a white candy in his hand. He looked down and read it, a small, happy smile gracing his face. Aaron then lifted Gui Gui up and twirled her around, kissing her once more.

'All Yours'

---------------------------------------

Sorry for this sappy story. LOL. This was just a sudden spur of my mind when a friend gave me a box of candy hearts as a Valentine present. I was supposed to post it last Feb 14 but I lost the paper where I had it written. I was frustrated and too tired to rewrite this so I just let it go. But with much luck, I found the paper just now and it's such a waste not to post it. Heh. Besides, my other GuiLun story is just so angsty for the moment so I think a light story will be good. Oh I'm rambling too much.

Anyway, I have been missing in action for quite some time and I haven't updated my stories for ages! Tsk. Sorry about that. I will try my best to update soon. Life's been pretty nasty.

Lastly, my love and prayers go out to Libya and Japan.