one

confessions

it took a while for everything to hit them.
they had spent an entire year together, they all loved each other by that point.
they got each other through thick and thin, they helped each other in their times of need.

it was never easy, it was never truly perfect on the inside.
they all hurt, emotionally, mentally, physically, they all had their inner demons.

yoojung suffered a lot, she really was just a kid.
she had given up everything to get to this point and it was about to be ripped away from her.

it broke her.
she cut herself off from the rest of the group only weeks before everything was supposed to finish.
things were cold between all of them.
there was nothing but tension between them, and none of them knew what to do.
they were worried about the present, they were worried about their futures, they were worried about yoojung.

they knew she didn't handle things like this well, they knew she struggled to cope with stressful situations, it was nothing out of the ordinary for her to cut herself off from them and the world.

====================================================================================

chungha quietly opened the door to the darkened room, wary of waking the younger girl in case she was sleeping.
she knew yoojung's room like the back of her hand, she carefully walked over to the bottom bunk and sat herself on the edge it.
she glanced over at the younger girl and noticed her face was stained with tears, she could only wonder what was going through her head.

she slowly leaned forward and brushed a few lone strands of hair out of her face, gently carressing her face before pulling her hand back.
chungha lifted herself from the bed and crawled beside the younger girl, lying facing her.
she could hear and feel yoojung's uneven breathing, her obviously still getting over crying earlier.
yoojung had cried herself into a state of exhaustion.

chungha sighed quietly, she wanted to reach out and help the younger girl, but she wouldn't open up to anyone.
she moved closer to yoojung and slowly raised her hand to carress her face once again.
yoojung sighed in her sleep, her breathing had returned to normal and she seemed to be relaxing under chungha's gentle touches.
they were both content.

they lay like that for a while, chungha falling asleep not soon after she lay down.
yoojung was the first to wake up, she was startled at first because she woke up to the feeling of someones hand resting on her neck.
she opened her eyes only to be greeted by a sleeping chungha who had a distraught expression on her face.
she assumed the older girl was having a bad dream so she gently shook her shoulder in an attempt to wake her from it.

"chungha unnie," she whispered quietly "unnie wake up."

she only received a low grumble as a response, so she resorted to what she always did in an attempt to wake the older girl.
yoojung slowly leaned forward with chungha's hand in her own now, soon enough she was merely centimetres away from the older girl.
their noses were nearly touching, yoojung knew she was close enough.
and then she attacked.
she peppered the older girls face with plenty of small kisses, hoping it would wake her up, and it did, and it pleasantly surprised chungha.

"someone's happy" chungha said, pushing the smaller girl back so she'd stop kissing her.

"to a degree, why did you come in here?" yoojung questioned her before closing the distance between them and snuggling into chungha's neck.

"you were worrying me, kid. you've been quiet lately." 

"i know, i don't want you to worry about me though, i'm fine."

"are you sure you're fine?" chungha suddenly pulled yoojung's face up to look at hers.

yoojung only averted her eyes to the wall behind chungha, refusing to make eye contact with her.

"i'm perfectly fine, honest." her voice cracked slightly as she said that.

"yoojung, please, i only want you to be happy, you know that right?" chungha asked her lowly.

"i am happy, i think i am at least." the younger girls eyes began to well with tears.

chungha let go of her face and pulled the younger girl to her, hugging her with every bit of love in her body, and that was a lot of love.
yoojung didn't cry though, she just held onto chungha as tight as she could, never wanting to let her go.

"i love you yoojung, we all do, don't forget that, we just want the best for you" the older girl whispered as she let tears fall from her eyes.

yoojung froze slightly when chungha said she loved her, yoojung had feelings for the older girl, that was always obvious, but knowing how much she cared for her, knowing how much she truly loved her hurt her, because she knew she would never return those feelings, but yoojung was never someone who gave up.

"unnie, can i do something?" yoojung asked her shyly.

chungha leaned back from yoojung and wiped her eyes, "of course kid, what is it?" 

"can you close your eyes for me?" 

"i'm not sure why you want me to close them, but okay" chungha slowly answered before closing her eyes lightly.

yoojung wasn't sure why she was doing, she could ruin everything there is between her and chungha, but to yoojung life is always full of risks, and some of them you just can't help but take.
the younger girl slowly leaned forward, her hands gingerly making their way towards either side of chungha's face before gently holding her face in place.
she wasn't sure why she did it, but she didn't regret it as she leaned forward and captured the older girls lips between her own.
she didn't expect herself to go through with it, and she certainly didn't expect chungha to kiss her back.

the older girl was in a state of shock when she felt yoojung press her lips against her own, it was as if this was all she ever wanted, and it was.
she didn't know why she kissed back, she didn't know why she s her arms around yoojung's neck, pulling her even closer.

neither of them understood what was happening, but it felt right, it felt perfect.
the simply melted into one another.

the kiss wasn't desperate or hungry, it was innocent and gentle, it was new to both of them.
chungha was the first to pull away, not letting yoojung escape her grasp no matter how much she struggled.

"that was certainly something." chungha stated as she gently placed a kiss on yoojung's forehead.

yoojung had stopped struggling by then, gradually coming to terms with what just happened and the fact she initiated it.

"unnie, i think i'm in love with you." she admitted shyly

"yoojungie, i think i'm in love with you too." the older girl answered simply before capturing the younger girls lips in another short kiss.

this one was different, this one was happy, this one was so right to them.

"unnie, you won't leave me right?" yoojung asked as she pulled away from her.

"yoojungie, listen to me. i will do everything i can to stay with you, i will do everything i can to be with you, you're my world."

yoojung simply nodded in response, pecking chungha on the lips one last time before snuggling into her neck.

"i love you chungha"

"i love you too yoojung, i always will" 




a/n; bit of an abrupt ending, but i like where i took this i guess, i hope u guys enjoy it and can understand how soft i was when i started writing this!!