drabble.

can't lose you.

Sehun feels gloomy.

His eyes are swollen, his chest is tight, his whole face feels like its going to explode. He would probably deny to having bawled over a drama if the rest of his hyungs hadn't cried as well. But while they had red eyes and snot all over their shirt sleeves, everyone had also laughed as soon as the episode was over and congratulated Baekhyun for having done such a good job for his last heartbreaking scenes.

Everyone but Sehun.

Aside from feeling gloomy, he also feels stupid.

He knows it's just a bloody drama but god, watching Baekhyun shed tears was /so/ painful and Sehun's heart feels like it might break into a million shards. He's pretty sure he stopped breathing when Baekhyun's character died. His chest still hurts now as he lay in bed and waits for his boyfriend to join him before they sleep. It's a torture, really, because the scenes keep playing in his head and before he knows it, he's shedding some more tears he's too late to wipe off before Baekhyun sees.

"Sehun-ah," Baekhyun pauses halfway after closing the door behind him, a look of concern crossing through his features. "Sehun-ah, why are you crying? Did something happen?"

Sehun feels silly too so he bursts into tears and childishly motions for Baekhyun to come with grabby hands and the older male takes no time to rush up to him, slipping under the covers when Sehun scoots over. He buries his face into the crook of Baekhyun's neck, embarrassingly emotional as he sobs against the older's skin.

Baekhyun, as usual, lets him cry to his heart's content. It's always been something they do with each other; if Baekhyun gets too tired with everything, Sehun would be ready with open arms to hold him and vice versa. Baekhyun doesn't ask questions; he must have thought it's just one of those nights for Sehun.

When Sehun's breathing finally evens out, he stays in Baekhyun's warm and welcoming arms and thinks to himself: this is home and decides at that moment in time that he can't lose his home.

Baekhyun stays silent and he's parted his lips to speak when Sehun beats him to it. "I can't lose you," he says, a soft mumble against Baekhyun's skin.

The older of the two hums in response and his soft fingers card through Sehun's hair. "You won't lose me, Sehunnie. Just as I won't lose you, right? We made our promise. What brought this on, hm?"

Sehun's almost too embarrassed to tell Baekhyun but he couldn't remember the last time he hid anything from his boyfriend. He clears his throat and pulls away just enough so Baekhyun's in his arms instead. The older doesn't protest as his arms wind around Sehun's waist and Sehun breathes in the scent of the man he holds so close to his chest, burying his nose into Baekhyun's hair.

"It's just... earlier, when we were watching your death scene... it just hurt a lot. Every time you cry, I think my love for you grows. And I had to watch you cry and not be able to hold you and then you just had to... go. I couldn't do it. I can't lose you."

He could feel Baekhyun smiling. It's always like that with Baekhyun; when he smiles, Sehun feels it like a warmth on his skin, his very own sunshine.

When he finally speaks, his voice is soft and Sehun feels lucky because no one else has heard this side of Baekhyun. "I can't lose you either."

The silence that follows is comfortable, natural, of them enjoying each other's presence without having to say anything and Sehun only frowns when Baekhyun lets out a soft chuckle. "What's so funny?"

"Hm? Nah, not funny. Just cute. Was that why you didn't come up and congratulate me? You were sad over my fake death?"

Sehun huffs but he could feel a smile forming on his own lips. "It just felt real, okay? But yeah. You were really good though. I'm so proud."

The older snickers, patting Sehun's chest gently. "You should be. I worked hard."

"I know you did," Sehun says cheekily, shifting so Baekhyun's lying down and tangling their legs together as he begins peppering soft kisses to the older's jawline. "Means we'd have to have celebratory ."

Baekhyun laughs although he fails to bite back the moan that spills from his lips when Sehun's mouth travels down the length of his neck, his smack on the taller's arm weak and half-hearted. "We had celebratory when I wrapped up for the show, you maknae."

"We did," Sehun speaks in between his kisses, leaving some more onto Baekhyun's collarbone. "But that's for having done with shooting. This one's for the good job. Also for making me cry."

Baekhyun giggles and mutters out something along the lines of Sehun being a ert and a horn dog but the rest so drowned out by the moans that followed.

Sehun definitely doesn't feel too gloomy anymore.