Chapter 1

A Little Longer (one-shot)

 

a little longer

Darkness. That’s all that surrounded her, engulfed her, deeper and deeper into nothingness. She couldn’t see, she couldn’t breath, she couldn’t feel or touch. It was to late for her, all her hope was lost. She was dying, the realization sparkled a reaction in the back of her mind but it disappeared quickly. It was too late for her, she was beyond saving. They were done using her and threw her aside, the sooner they got rid of her the better. But, her will was always strong and she survived. But that didn’t matter anymore, they finally got fed up with her and shot her. Not before torturing her first though. Now she lay dying on the streets begging for death, just so she could finally have peace.
Footsteps came rushing towards her injured body, a frantic voice shouting at her, asking her if she was alright. The voice shout for his friends, telling them to call for help while he place something on top of her body. She was instantly fill with warmth and felt herself slowly tugging away from the darkness. Maybe she did have hope to live, she thought as the person placed her head in their lap. They began to talk to her soothingly, gently their fingers down her face. With each she felt herself getting father and farther from the dark. She was slowly regaining her senses, like the smell of the cologne from her rescuer and the frantic conversations going on around her.
“How did this happen?”
“Is she still alive?”
“Is she ok?”
“Will she survive until the ambulance comes?”
“Where is the ambulance?”
She was becoming more aware of surroundings, feeling the hard ground beneath me. ‘I must of collapsed on the after running away from… them.’ she thought. And then white hot pain shot up her side as she became fully conscious. She yelled out in agony as her body started to spasm. Her savior jumped in surprise and started yelling orders to his friends.
“Hold her down, she might hurt herself more!”
Strong hands took hold of her body until she stopped. The stench of cologne surrounded her and she heard a voice right next to her ear.
“It’s ok, you’ll be fine. Please don’t die, just hold it out just a little more. For me, live for me. Please just don’t die. I promise, I’ll protect you. Just hold on. Hold on a little longer.”
‘Just a little longer,‘ she told herself. Even though the pain on her side was overbearing she repeated the phrase over and over. She had a purpose in life now, for this person she would do it. She’d hold out just a little longer. Will herself to live, at least for just a little longer.
He kept talking to her after that. He told her his name, Aaron, and he found out her name from the bracelet she was wearing. He started telling stories about his life, his hopes, and his dreams. He even painted a whole future where they were living happily together.
“Gui Gui and Aaron it had a nice ring to didn’t it?” he mused as he checked her pulse. Even when her pulse started to slowly drop he kept on going.
They would get married in May, an outside wedding because she looked like the type to like the outdoors. And be surround by their friends and families because he personally was the lonely type and always want to be with people. After a few years into their marriage they would have a healthy baby boy and a few years later a baby girl. And after their kids got married and had families of their own, they’d move to the countryside. Where they’d live a peaceful life until they were old and wrinkly.
“So,” he said voice laced with panic, “you have to get through this so we can star our lives together.”
He kept checking her pulse it was getting fainter and fainter. “Just a little more!” he was yelling now, “I still need to hear you talk and see your eyes shining brightly at me!”
He started to shake her.
“Do hear? The ambulance is coming to save you hold on just a little more!”
‘A little more,’ she told herself, ‘Aaron and I can have a happy life if I can hold on just a little more…’
The phrase was all she knew as she felt herself slip away, ‘a little more…’ and she was gone.
Aaron felt tears stream down his face as he felt the life leave the girl in his arms. The paramedics had to pry her body from him. But, it was already to late. She was long gone… beyond helping.
His body felt numb, the tears rushed out more quickly as he thought about the life they could have had together…the girl he just met and fail to save. The girl he fell in love with, who took his heart with her to heaven.
“Just wait a little longer,” a voice whispered into his ear, “we’ll meet again one day, just wait a little longer.” He felt a soft touch on his cheek and a warm hug then nothing. After that he knew that she was truly gone. But he felt a wave of peace wash over his body. Maybe not in this lifetime but, in another they would be together. He just need to wait a little longer.
----------------------------------------
A/N: And I don’t know where this came from, I just suddenly had to write it. I don’t know if this made much sense but, basically Gui Gui was found on the streets by Aaron and his friends. While Aaron’s friends got help Aaron tried to comfort the dying Gui Gui by telling her a story about a fake future together. He slowly felt his heart giving into her then fell in love with her and started believing the story coming true. But, Gui Gui’s injures were too bad and she died. Aaron was devastated but, Gui Gui’s ghost told him that one day they will be together…hoped that help clear up any confusion. Please tell me what you think and spread the GuiLun love!