Final

As Close As We Can Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Worst day of my life!!" Jaehyun shouts, voice hoarse, hitting the van chair in front of him. "It's so embarrassing!" he hides his face in the palm of his hands. "Jahyun, I am damn tired and you keep hitting my chair, calm down it's just temporary!" Ten turns annoyed towards Jaehyun.

 

Doyoung is worried, Jaehyun’s voice cracked before, but nothing like today. Their doctor confirmed there’s nothing wrong with Jaehyun’s voice, and he’s not caught any cold either. But Jaehyun is so stressed and tensed about it that it stuck in his head there’s something wrong with him.

 

"It's silly Jaehyun. Yah, Ujae, smile!" Doyoung puts his hands on Jaehyun's shoulders and shakes him. "I just..." he presses his lips into a thin line. Doyoung loves this expression on Jaehyun, because this is the only sad expression of Jaehyun that is still emphasizing his dimples. But that's unequivocal because Doyoung loves all of Jaehyun's expressions, he loves everything about his dongsaeng.

 

"...need a break" Jaehyun continues as he lowers his head pressing his chin to his chest. "Then let's get one, let's do something fun!" Doyoung has to take his chance to enliven the other. Their busy after-debut schedule has been overwhelming for all of them, but none is as down as Jaehyun. And moreover, Doyoung wouldn’t mind to spend some alone time with Jaehyun, as lately they had none.

 

“You rented a suite room?” Jaehyun asks the other in shock. “No, we’ve rented a suite room, Plaza Hotel, the other side of the town.” Doyoung grins but Jaehyun is not the least pleased with the idea. “Come on, I’m not taking you to the sauna, we’ll watch something and chill.” Doyoung rests his chin on Jaehyun’s shoulder pouting. “And how on Earth are we ever going to get there without having a bunch of paparazzi on our tracks?” Jaehyun shoves him off his shoulder. “Trust me.” Doyoung leans back and whispers in his ear.

 

Doyoung grabs his phone while Jaehyun sits -faced on the side of the bed. “Can you tell the driver to pick us up from the underground parking, thank you.” Doyoung packs a backpack and signals Jaehyun “Ujae, let's go!” 

“Better not cause a ruckus Do.” They go down the parking lot and Doyoung kept dragging Jaehyun after him holding his hand, he lets the other get in the car while he surveys the area once so that he’s sure no one spots them.

 

They reach Plaza Hotel, pay the driver and step into the lobby “Wow, this is really nice!” Doyoung looks around amazed like a kid. He asks for their suite, 1004 more specifically, Doyoung wanted a breathtaking view from their balcony. They step into the elevator, Jaehyun smiles a bit. “You look like a kid that spots carts for the first time in his life.” And Doyoung pouts. Jaehyun extends his hand to squeeze the other’s cheek “Cute!” He says. “At least you smile.” Doyoung says content.

 

When they open the door of their room Jaehyun swears he saw stars forming into the other’s eyes. “WOW, I could totally get used to living in a place like this.” He puts carefully the backpack and runs to jump on the bed. Jaehyun thinks a bit but does exactly the same.

 

After jumping in the bed, and starring the window for the view they finally remember why they are here. “Jaehyun’s healing mission, cue!” Doyoung says unloading his backpack. “Shall we watch it from the bed or from the couch?” Jaehyun asks as Doyoung brings to his face a stack of strawberries. “Couch is closer.”

 

It's Doyoung eating strawberries on the couch while watching Pokemon, from Jaehyun’s DVDs. “I really don't get it, why is that you like so much this cartoon? I can understand YuTenSol with Naruto but..." He said stuffing strawberries into his mouth. "It’s fun, it relaxes me, and pretty much makes me feel a kid." Jaehyun explains to the other, joining on eating strawberries. They watch a few episodes and Jaehyun explains him about the Pokemon evolution and stuff, and even though Doyoung is not even the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter