Chapter 1

Love Story (ES Challenge) [one-shot]

 

Love Story

Gui Gui’s POV
---
I was cooking in the kitchen when I heard someone opened the front door and crying. I went to the living room to see who it was and saw my daughter, Jia Hua, crying. “Jia Hua, what happen?” I ask my daughter while comforting her. “Oh Mom, His parents doesn’t like me! They think I don’t match Chunnie.” She said while she looked at me in the eyes. “Are you going to give up just like that darling?” I ask my daughter. She didn’t get to answer back. “Let me tell you a story about me and your dad.” I said and smiled. She looked at me confusingly and asked “You mean you also encountered the same problem?” she said curiously. “No.” I said which made her stopped crying and didn’t say anything. I was sure she wants to hear what I’m going to tell her. So I started telling the story…

-18 years ago-

I was 17 years old back then turning 18 on my upcoming birthday. My siblings and I are talking about what my dad and I discussed a while ago. “Sis, I can’t believe you lost to dad again.” My foster younger brother Wang Zi told me and sat beside me on my bed. My dad adopted him since we wanted a younger brother. “What can I do? You know I can’t decline what dad tells me to and I don’t even know why!” I said a bit angry to myself. “You’re just too obedient sister.” My older brother Calvin said and sat on the couch in front of me. I placed my hands under my chin and gave a big sigh. “Well, didn’t dad say our birthday party is going to be a blast?” My twin sister Selina said. “Hope so.” I said.

-Flashback-

“Selina, Gui Gui,On your debut we will be having a party.” Our dad said. The moment I heard the word “party” my eyes grew big and I shouted “What?!” which made Selina and dad covered their ears knowing that I’ll probably decline what dad just offered. “Gui Gui, darling… You and Selina are turning 18 already. Can you do this for your beloved daddy? Besides, I promised the party is going to be a blast!” My dad pleaded me.”Come on sis, please.” Selina said. I have no choice but to accept. “Fine.” I said with no energy at all.

-End of Flashback-

“Besides, maybe your prince charming will appear on your birthday party.” Calvin said and Wang Zi continued “I heard there are many guy guests that are coming.” “What if what they said was correct? What if I will really meet my prince charming?” I thought. After I realize that it might be impossible, I quickly erase my thoughts of meeting my prince charming. I shook my head and sit up straight. “Hey Gui Gui, quit day dreaming there.” Wang Zi said and laughs afterwards. My other siblings laugh along too and I just rolled my eyes. I stood up and went out on my room.

Few days later… The day has arrived, me and Selina’s birthday! I don’t know why but I kinda feel excited. Hope everything will turn out well. Stacey, one of our maids knocked on my door. “Come in.” I said. Stacey opened the door and went towards me holding 2 choices of gown that I’ll be wearing this evening. The first choice was a white long gown with a pink strap around below the chest level with roses as designs at the bottom. “I’m going to look like a princess when I wear that.”I thought and giggled. The second choice was a red long gown with diamonds around below the chest level and at right side of the gown.The gown is like for princesses like me. “Uhmm… I pick the 2nd one.” I said and smiled. “Thanks.” I continued as I got my gown and Stacey smiled back as a reply and went out.

Hours have passed and it’s time to prepare for our debut. I quickly wore my beautiful gown excitedly. After wearing them, someone knock at my door and I said “Come in.” There, it revealed our stylists. By the way, Selina is also here in my room.The dress of Selina is quite similar to mine. It’s just that the design at the top is diamonds and round thingy as designs. “Oh my gosh, I can’t believe I’m 18 already!” Selina exclaimed excitedly and clap. I just giggled at her reaction. Well, at least I’m not the only one excited here even though I have no idea why I am. After they had fixed our hair, they placed make-up on us. After 1 hour of preparation, it’s time to party!

Before we separate ways, Daddy introduced us to the guests. After doing so, Selina, Arron, Calvin and went to different places. I don’t know where they are going but as far as I know, I’m going to the buffet table and eat! Have I told you guys that I love to eat? Anyways, so I went to the buffet table and get some food. As I was about to turn around after I got my drink, I accidentally pour my drink to a guy. “I’m so sorry.” I said in an apologetic way. I look at the guy who I just pour a drink into expecting that he would be mad, but I was wrong. “It’s ok. It was an accident anyways.” He said to me looking into my eyes and smiled sweetly. I almost melted on my spot! Could it be? He’s my prince charming? I think he realize that I’m looking at him for minutes so he interrupted my thoughts and said, ”Hey are you ok?” he ask worriedly. “Huh? Oh, I’m sorry. I was just hinking of something just know.” I said and smiled. “By the way, I’m Arron Yan and you are?” He said. “Gui Gui…Gui Gui Wu.” I said and we both shook hands. Afterwards, almost all of the time on my party, we are together. I really enjoyed the party. I did not regret anything with my decision of agreeing with dad’s offer.

After the party, we bid good bye to each other. He asked for my number shyly and I gave my number. He wave at me and said, “Bye Gui Gui! I’m glad I met you.” He said and smiled. I was touch by his words. I couldn’t breathe when he said that. I felt myself blushing even though he already went home. My siblings teased me afterwards. I just ignored them and denied the fact that I like him. “Did I really fell in love with him?” I mumbled while I was preparing to sleep. I don’t know my answer but I just smiled on thinking about it. I was about to sleep when someone texted me. I look at my phone displaying an unregistered number. I opened it in curiosity and read the message. It says “Hello birthday girl! Just want to say good night to you and sweet dreams. This is Arron by the way.” I was shock when I read the name “Arron”. My eyes grew big because of shock. After 3 minutes, I manage to be myself again and  “, while I wasJreplied “Oh hey Arron! Good night and sweet dreams too.  ending it, my smile never faded away. Until the time I went to sleep.
---
Arron’s POV

That’s how we met. I smiled on the thought of it. 3 years has passed and I still clearly remember how we met. I thank God for meeting someone like her, but now…Our current relationship is still best friends. I haven’t courted her yet. I was afraid she would say, “I’m sorry, but I only see you as a brother.” But don’t worry… I have a plan for courting her. I decided to confess to her tomorrow. I need to be brave! So right now, we are currently at the mall with her siblings. Her siblings know that I already love her. They are helping me and I’m glad that they support me. So, I have no problems with courting Gui Gui at all. Well…hopefully.

“Wahhhh… Look at this cute dress. I have to try it out!”Selina exclaimed and immediately went inside the boutique. “Woah…the rubber shoes that I like is already out! Is it ok if I leave you guys?”Wang Zi said and smiled.”Anyways, it’s a good opportunity for Arron to be alone with Gui Gui… hehe…”Wang Zi thought. “Sure.”Gui Gui and Arron said in unison and smiled.
“I’ll go with Wang Zi.”Calvin said and quickly followed Wang Zi…”No way will I stay behind with them! I don’t want to be a third wheel!”Calvin thought. These guys are really… Uhmm…I don’t know what to describe them but I’m glad I’m alone with Gui Gui right now. “I’m hungry…”Gui Gui said and pout. ”Aww…she’s so cute!”I thought. I just laugh on Gui Gui’s expression and I said, “Let’s eat then.” and held her hands.
---
Gui Gui’s POV

I was shock to Aaron’s actions, when he held my hand, I can’t help but smile, so both of us went to eat. I texted my siblings where we are so that they won’t find us anymore... While we are eating, we chatted happily. I really enjoy when I’m with Arron. I would be lucky if he is my prince charming. After we ate, I received a text message from Selina saying, “Hey Gui! We already went home. Just go home with Arron ok? Enjoy!” I was shock. How can they leave me just like that?! Arron seemed to noctice my expression and snatched my phone and he read it. After doing so, he gave me back my phone and laugh. “Eh, why are you laughing?” I asked a bit annoyed. “Nothing…” he said. “Oh well, I don’t really care…As long as I’m with Arron…”I thought and giggled.

So Arron sent me home. After 15 minutes of driving, we have reached my house. Before going down on his car I said, “Thanks.” And smiled… I was about to enter the gate when he called my attention and went out of his car. He went towards me and kissed my cheek. “Bye.”Arron said and smiled. I was so shock. I can’t even move my feet. I was like a stone. After 5 minutes… I manage to move again. Seems like Arron already left… “What’s that for?”I ask myself and smiled. While going inside the house, I was jumping and smiling at the same time. Wang Zi interrupted me going to my room and said, “I saw that little sister.” and smirk. “Aiyo! Don’t block my way.”I said and he moved. I continue jumping and singing, “La La La La La…” while going to my room.

The next day, my phone rang which made me awake. I got my phone and see who texted me. In the message it says, “Hey Gui, Good morning! Let’s meet at the park later 5:00 pm. See you!” I checked who the sender was and it was Arron. I placed the phone where I got it and prepared for breakfast. After 15 minutes, I went downstairs to eat breakfast… There, my siblings and my dad were already eating. They seemed to be laughing about something. I interrupted their conversation and said, “Oh you’re already awake.” My dad said. “We were just talking about what happened yesterday.” Wang Zi said teasing me. I sat beside Wang Zi and playfully hit his arm. “So… you should thank me for meeting your Arron” dad said teasing me as well. “Dad!” I said. “Ok, ok… eat your breakfast first…” dad said and he continues to eat.

Time passes by so quickly and I have to prepare for meeting Arron! I’m so excited… I wonder why he wanted to meet me. I giggled on the thought of him missing me. I know that’s impossible. Maybe he just needed help with something. So, after fixing, dressing up and putting a light make-up I immediately went to the park not wanting to be late. As I got there, I saw Arron sitting on a bench patiently waiting for me. “Hey…” I patted his shoulder lightly and smiled. “Oh, you’re here.” He said and smiled. “Let’s go somewhere.” He continued and held my hand…again… I’m so happy! Is he going to confess or something? Hope so…

First we went to the mall to watch a movie. I was so nervous and I don’t even know why. It’s like we are on a date! I also don’t know why I feel like Arron keeps on stealing glance at me. Maybe it’s just my imagination. By the way, we watched the movie “The Last Song”. It was so touching. I cried actually. Arron seems to notice it and gave me his handkerchief. He’s so sweet… So I gladly accepted it. After watching the movie we went to a restaurant to eat dinner. While waiting for our order, we discussed about the movie we watched. “It’s really sad when Steve died…” I said sadly. “Yeah… Ronnie even continued the piano piece for her father.” Arron replied. “But I actually love the love story of Ronnie and Will…” I said dreamily. The waiter came and served our food. We ate happily. After eating, Arron held my hand again. “Where are we going?” I said while we are walking.
Arron just smiled as a reply.

He brought me to a place full of lights. It was beautiful. On a tree, there’s a Christmas light that forms a girl and boy with a heart in the middle. The trees were covers in colorful Christmas lights. “What’s this for? Christmas and Valentines is still far you know.” I said and look at him. Arron went towards me slowly and I notice that his left hand was on the back. He seems to be holding something. My heart began to beat so fast… When he is already near to me, he kneeled down and said, “You are my best friend, my shoulder to lean on and the one person I know I can count on. You’re the love of my life, you’re my one and only, you’re my everything… since the day I met you, I already know that I love you. For all these years, I’ve loved you non- stop… I know it’s too sudden… but… Gui Gui Wu… Will you be my girl?” Arron said sincerely. I was already crying. I just can’t believe his saying these words to me. I just nodded in reply. I can’t find any words to say. I was totally speechless. He stood up and hugs me and I hug him back. He release to the hug and slowly, he’s face is going near to mine. I close my eyes and preparing for his lips to touch mine. We kissed passionately.
---
No One’s POV

At home… Gui Gui’s father made a research about Arron Yan. “Sir, this is the research you needed.” One of his assistant said. “Thanks, you may go now.”Mr. Wu said and opened the folder. His assistant bow and went out of his room. Mr. Wu got angry while reading the research his assistant just gave him. “This can’t be… I must not let my precious daughter to be with that man!” he said angrily.

Weeks have passed and Gui Gui decided to introduce Arron to her family. Even though her siblings already know, but her dad was too busy…so she doesn’t have the time to tell him and now that her father is free, she took the opportunity to introduce Arron to them. There are now waiting for Arron to arrive. Few minutes later, the door bell rang. Gui Gui excitedly went to the door and opened it. “You’re here! Oh and this is your mother?” Gui Gui said and smiled. Mrs. Yan just nodded as a reply and Gui Gui led the way. When Gui Gui have called their attention, Mr. Wu was shock to see Mrs. Yan. Gui Gui was about to tell that Arron is her boyfriend when her interrupted her and said, “You!”Mr. Wu said while pointing to Mrs. Yan. “How dare you entered my house?!” he continued. “Ma…”Calvin mumbled… Selina and Gui Gui doesn’t know her because while they were still babies, their mother left them. Since Wang Zi is their foster son, he didn’t get to see her since she already left at that time.
---
Gui Gui’s POV

“Dad…what’s happening?” I ask worriedly. He ignored my question and said, “After you left us and secretly gave birth to this guy, you even dare to show up your face here?!” my dad said angrily. I don’t know what’s happening. I’m lost… Mrs. Yan just cried and said, ”I…Let me explain…” but daddy just said, “No need! Gui Gui, I forbid you to be with Arron!” he said and was about to go to his room. “Why?!” I shouted. “He’s…He’s your brother…”Dad said without energy and went to his room. I was shock…No way he’s my brother…Why is fate s cruel to me…What happened exactly? I have a lot of questions… but I don’t know the answers… Calvin said and went near her. Mrs. Yan sat at the sofa and cried. “What really happened?” Selina asked. After Mrs. Yan or should I say, mom…I’m not use to saying “mom” but that’s reality. Back to the topic, it seems like she couldn’t take it…so she ran away crying. Arron followed her…We, we are confused on what’s happening…

After a month, Arron and I haven’t contacted each other… Mom is always dropping by to our house to explain to Dad…but it seems like he wouldn’t listen. I really pity mom…If only I know what really happened in the past, maybe I would be able to help her somehow. Now, our house is filled with sadness. Dad doesn’t eat that much anymore…every time we have our meals, no one even bothers to talk… I’m not use to this kind of thing. One month has passed… and nothing changed. I still love Arron… not as a brother but as a lover. Every night I ask God if I did something wrong for him to do this…For all the people that can be my biological brother, why him? Maybe it’s just what people call it fate. Maybe we are not meant to be lovers… and that I have to accept even if it’s hard.
---

Mrs. Wu’s POV

One month has pass… and still I’m finding a way to make things right. I went again to their house in the afternoon to try once more. I pressed the door bell and a maid showed up. “I’m sorry Ms, but Sir said…” I interrupted her sentence and said, “I know he won’t listen to me at all… but please pass this message to him… I won’t go unless he is willing to listen to me.” I said firmly. The maids just nodded, close the gate and went inside. I just sat on the floor and wait for him. I know that he won’t bother to come to me and listen but I still want to try. Nothing will lose if I try anyway. 5 hours has passed and it began to rain. I was shivering because it was so cold. I didn’t even bring a jacket and I was only wearing a t-shirt and jeans. I didn’t mind and continue to wait. I don’t care how long I will wait for him as long as I clear this mess.
---
Gui Gui’s POV

I look at the window worriedly if mom is still outside waiting for dad to come. I saw her there shivering. I quickly grab my umbrella to fetch her and let her come inside our house. I don’t care if dad will get mad. She’s my mom no matter what and I care for her. I rush to the gate while holding my umbrella, when I opened the gate, she quickly stood up and said, “You’re here!” excitedly. Maybe she thought I was dad, but the smile on her face faded when she realized it was me. “Come inside mom, you’re going to be sick.” I said worriedly. “No, I will stay here until your dad comes out and listen to me.” She said stubbornly. “Mom! Don’t be stubborn! I don’t want you to get sick! You’re still my mother you know.” I said. “Your dad will only be mad at you!” she said. “I don’t care!” I said and a tear fell on my cheeks slowly. “Mom, I… love you… and I care for you. Please…I want to help you solve this problem. Even if I don’t really know what happened in the past.”I continued and mom hugs me and I hug her back. “Oh, how I miss you…” she said and a tear fell from her eyes. We released each other from the hug and she didn’t refuse to go with me inside the house.

As I close the front door, we saw dad rushing downstairs and stopped when he saw us. I was ready for dad to scold me but I was wrong. He went towards my mom and hugged her. He released from the hug and asks worriedly, “Are you ok?” That’s when I realize dad still cares for her. I smiled on the thought of it. Mom just nodded and said, “Look...pls. listen to me…” she beg. “Shh… I already know the truth. Arron called me and explained everything. I’m sorry for not giving you a chance to explain everything to me.” Dad said. My mom cried and hugs him. My dad hugs her back. I was really touched. I wipe my tears as I heard the door bell rang. I got my umbrella and rush to the gate to see who it was and I saw Arron. I was shock to see him. It’s like I want to hug him and kiss him. I miss him so much. He smiled when he saw me and hugs me. I was surprise by his actions but I was glad that he hugs me…even if we are not lovers anymore.

After he hugs me, he said, “We are not siblings Gui…” he said happily. I didn’t get to absorb what he said… it’s like I’m hearing things that I wanted to hear. “What? Not siblings?” I asked confusingly and happy at the same time. “Yes! So that means we can be together!”He said happily. I was so happy. We are not siblings! But wait… how come? “Wait…how come?”I ask him. “Oh… mom explained everything to me before she went to your house…”he said.

-Flashback-

Mrs. Wu/Yan/Mom’s POV

My husband and I were living happily. My dad never like him as my husband so we got married on a different country which is Canada… we got married there and I was pregnant with my first baby which is Calvin. After 5 years, I got pregnant again with my 2nd and 3rd child which is Gui Gui and Selina. They are twins. At that time, I did not know that my dad was already searching for me. After 2 years…unexpectedly, my dad found me… someone rang the doorbell…at that time; your dad was at the office, so he didn’t know what happen. I opened the door and it revealed my father and his assistant. I was shock and nervous at the same time. My dad went inside our house and look around. I ask him, his assistant to sit down and they did. He told me the things he wanted to say to me directly. He said he wants me to divorce him. I immediately replied that I don’t want, but he threatened me. He said if I won’t divorce him, he will kill him. So I had no choice but to agree, but dad gave me a week to decide. At that time I was pregnant again… After 6 days when dad showed up, I got into an accident… my baby was in danger at that time… The next day… the doctor said my child was already gone; I was so sad that I cried. My husband was not there at that time when the doctor told me the news…My dad showed up again and now with baby and that is you Arron…You are the son of my best friend. I asked why is there a baby…he said he wanted me to show you to my husband that I cheated him… that this baby is not his but from the other guy. I had no choice but to agree. I don’t want him to get killed, so I did what he told me to.

After few days, we filed a divorce. I was totally sad deep inside, but I can’t do anything. I took care of you like my own son since your mother died when she gave birth to you … but after 5 years, my father died… After his death, I went to search for my husband…but I can’t… After for so many years of searching for him to get him back and wanted to explain everything, I gave up… I thought I would never have a chance to see him again... and now that God gave me thus chance to explain to him, I wanted to make this right. I want you to be happy Arron, as well as my daughter Gui Gui.

-End of Flashback-
“Oh…So that what’s happened…” I said. I can’t believe my parent’s story is so complicated! It’s like in the movies… Oh well… at least Arron is not my brother! We went inside my house and saw my siblings and my parents hugging each other. After they realize I was there, they told me to come join them as well as Arron, so we did. Sigh…I’m happy everything is back to normal…

After 3 months, Arron and I got married. We have 2 children. A boy and a girl naming Lawrence and Samantha… we are living happily. Selina has a boyfriend named Hollace and Calvin got married with a girl name Cathy. They are newlywed actually. While Wang Zi is still single but enjoying his life.

-Present-

“Wow…I didn’t know your love story has a big challenge before you guys got together.” Jia Hua said. I nodded in reply and said, “What I’m telling you is…Don’t give up too fast. Let Chunnie’s parents realize that you match him more than any girl there, ok?”I said and look at Jia Hua waiting for her reply. “You’re right ma! I’ll do my very best to make them approve of me!” Jia hua said with full of coincidence. “Now, go to sleep already… remember…your dad and mom is always here to support you.”I said and smiled. I kiss her forehead and said, “Good night and sweet dreams.” And I smiled. “Good night too mom…Thanks for today.” she said and close her eyes.

The End