Chapter 1

Always Love You Forever [one-shot]

 

Always Love You Forever

Thanks for luv_arron for this wonderful poster! This is a poster that suits the theme of my story! Thanks a lot!

Readers, you can now enjoy the one-shot now!

**********
**********
**********

“Congratulations you’re getting married soon, Lun!” Gui cheered and gave a hard slap to his back. “You better don’t bully your future wife or else I’ll beat the hell you up!”

Lun coughed, giving an eye to her. “And you better stop slapping other people’s back or else you won’t get yourself a boyfriend, Gui. This is why you’re being single for these years.”

Gui slightly gave her grinned. “Why? Why are you concerned about me having a boyfriend?”

Lun finally laughed, patted her head. “You’re my sister; of course I’m concerning you having a boyfriend for yourself.”

“But we aren’t real siblings.” Gui argued back, mixing with a joking tone.

“Yeah, whatever. You’re still a sister to me.” He replied.

He didn’t notice she wasn’t smiling anymore. Gui didn’t speak but just remain silence.

***

All these years, she had been giving her best shot to let him know, her feelings towards him was no longer a sister-brother love but a real true love. Not only she had been hiding her feelings, she even didn’t speak anything when Lun dated a few girlfriends once when they were still in high school. Indeed, she was hurt but she didn’t dare to do anything.

And every time when he dated a girl, she could only give her blessing, “Congratulations to you that you have a girlfriend.”

Laughing at herself, she wondered why she could be so stupid to let him date the girls. She wondered why she couldn’t confess her feelings to him. And most importantly, she couldn’t do something to make Lun jealous if she got a boyfriend for herself.

Gui walks herself along the streets, no smile, no thoughts and nothing. She could only just live like this everyday while Lun always with his girlfriends every single day. And now, he’s getting married, which she doesn’t know how to live on anymore. Could she always pretend nothing is happening everyday like this? Could she just pretend she don’t love Lun and think for her future? No, she couldn’t. All she could pretend was to act like a sister who loves her brother.

She had actually had enough of tears, crying that Lun is attached. So there is no point to cry any longer when she heard he’s getting married. Couldn't she move on by herself and find another guy to be in love with? She did tried, but somehow, Lun’s existence always swept her thoughts of moving on.

***

(3 Days Before The Wedding)

“Gui! Have you seen my underwear?”

Gui’s face blushed and gave a yelled back to Lun. “Are you nuts?! It’s your own underwear! Why should I find it for you?!”

Lun gave a frustrated look as he walked half-ly around the house, causing Gui almost going to bleed to see his y and hot body. “Where could I have put?” He asked himself and searched around the house as quickly as she could.

“Why don’t you just wear another one? Mom might have washed your underwear.” Gui said.

“But you know how well I like that underwear. It’s my birthday present you gave me last year.”

Gui could felt her heart thumps.

“But anyway, I could even remember my friends laughed at me when I told them my sis bought me an underwear as my birthday present.”

Gui slightly chuckled but deep within her thoughts, she has the reason of doing that. Even if she couldn’t get his heart, couldn’t make him love her back, couldn’t do anything for him, at least, just at least, she can get his attention to her. Perhaps, at least, she wanted him not to forget that she’ll always be with him no matter what happens.

The door bell interrupted as Gui went there and open the door, only to see her future sister-in-law standing there, giving her sweetest smile ever with a wave. “Hi, Gui. Is your brother ready yet?”

“Hi Qiao…” She greeted. “Lun, hurry up and don’t let Qiao to wait for you!” She yelled back.

Lun rushed to the door and planted a kiss at Qiao’s cheek. “I’m sorry, dear. Okay, let’s go right now.”

Gui stood aside, only could give her fake smile at them. Her hands were clenching hardly but slowly, it went back to normal. She was used to it already, isn’t it? She had to let him go. She had to move on. But…

“I’ll be back at late night so don’t cook dinner for me.” Lun reminded her, putting a hand to Qiao’s shoulder as they both walked away like the happiest couple in the world.

It hurts so much. A tear dropped from her eyes as she quickly wiped away. She had to be strong but why couldn’t she do it when she’s alone? Why does being strong seem to be so hard than she thought? Why couldn’t she just at least tell Lun about her feelings? Why is she unable to even try not to cry when she always sees him with Qiao?

This must be the most hurtful thing for Gui to accept in her whole life.

It was hard enough to love Lun and now, it was harder to accept that she wasn’t going to be the bride of Lun. She’s not going to be the wife of Lun either. And she knew, no matter how hard she tried, there was no way she could change her fate of being one-sided love.

Gui closed the door.

She walks lifelessly and sat on the living room sofa. Her tears have stopped but her heart was still bleeding as if many swords stabbed through it. How many times must she have to suffer this pain every time? She wanted to endure and hope everything will be fine in the next minute. But this time, it was harder than her previous times to try to endure the pain.

***

The night when Lun came back, he saw the living room was dark, not even a light is on. Strangely, he knew something was not right. Normally, Gui wouldn’t went back to sleep till 12 midnight and now, it was only 10.30.

As he closed the door and walk in, a figure suddenly hugged him from behind and the lights suddenly went on, making him jump up in fright.

“Surprise, Lun.” Gui giggled. “Are you scared just now?”

Lun sighed, gently pushed Gui away and looks at her. “What are you trying to pull this time, Gui?”

“Nothing actually, it’s just my prank!” Gui laughed, pulling Lun and forced him to walk into the kitchen with her. “Gui… what-” Before he could say anything, he saw a cake with candles on top just right at the table there.

Gui hurriedly pulled him towards the table and started clapping her hands. “Happy birthday to Lun, Happy birthday to Lun, Happy birthday to Lun… Happy birthday to Lun!” Gui sang the birthday song, hurriedly shaking him. “Hurry up and make a wish, Lun!”

Lun was definitely surprised. And the fact was, it’s quite unusual for Gui to do something like this. He stared at the black forest cake as he was thinking deeply. Gui knows him well more than himself actually. And he almost had forgotten he loved black forest so much. Lun kept quiet for a moment as his face slowly planted a smirk.

“Such a childish way of wishing me a happy birthday, it’s really like you…”

“Hey! What’s that supposed to mean?” Gui pouted unhappily. “Hurry up and have another wish for today!”

Lun’s eyes widened. “Another… wish?”

“Of course! Qiao must have celebrated your birthday with you so I assumed you already had your birthday wish! But having another wish is okay too, isn’t it?” Gui smiled cheekily.

It was now more than a surprised to Lun now. He didn’t even say anything and she could just assume like that. “Well, alright, I’ll have another wish.”

Crossing his fingers together, he silently makes his wish while Gui stood next to him.

After wishing, there was a silence between the both of them as Lun and Gui’s eyes met against each other. Their stares were different like the ones they usually gave. The atmosphere was quite different either and both of them could sense that. They were standing close to each other and for a second, Gui thought Lun was bending his head down towards her.

Gui could feel her heart thumping in a speed like a train. As she noticed Lun’s face was getting closer to hers, Gui had a thought as if he was trying to plant a kiss. Maybe, even if this isn’t the true kiss, at least, she was hoping for a gentle kiss from him. Maybe, this kiss might be different than the ones he had with Qiao; at least, she wants to kiss Lun lips to lips, for once.

Just as their lips were one inch away from each other, Lun stopped and whispered as soft as he could be.

“I’m sorry, Gui…”

***

Gui’s P.O.V

That night, Lun didn’t kiss me. For some reasons, I neither feel happy nor sad. Instead, I could feel the pain from him. Why is that so? He seems so differently than before and as if he was hiding something from me. Feelings? That night, when he was about to kiss me, I thought at least he had some sorts of feelings for me. But why…? I can’t feel anything from him on that night.

The kiss that he almost gave me was as if trying to tell me this is the last time. Yet, Lun didn’t kiss me at the last second.

That night was the most memorable night for me. I celebrated the last birthday for him and I even tried to hope to forget everything after that. But because of what Lun tried to kiss me that night, it makes me completely forgotten my plan. And now, it makes me can’t even move on anymore. My heart… always stick with Lun.

***

(The Day Of The Wedding)

The last hour before the wedding will start, Gui sat at one of the seats in the church. She wasn’t alone in there but she felt she was alone. The day finally came that cannot be avoided. She knew she must learn how to accept this truth. And she promised herself that she will no longer cry anymore for his sake.

This is Lun’s wedding and she cannot make any scenes in here. She must never cry and must not stop the wedding for her selfishness of snatching Lun away.

“That’s right, Gui. Be strong as normal and after today, you’ll not be the weak Gui anymore. Just… try to bear it one more day…” She mutters, sticking a smile to her face.

***

The wedding ceremony started.

The groom Lun and the bride Qiao were now standing in front of the priest in the church.

“Do you, Arron Yan Ya Lun, take Chen Zhi Qiao, to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part?” The priest spoke to Lun.

There was quite a silence before Lun gave his reply. “I do.”

“Do you, Chen Zhi Qiao, take Arron Yan Ya Lun to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part?” The priest spoke to Qiao.

“Yes, I do.” Qiao replied immediately with a smile.

“You may now both exchange rings.” The priest said again as they both were about to exchange their rings.

As Lun was about the take his ring out, he suddenly coughed badly and out came blood from his mouth; he collapsed on the ground and couldn’t stop coughing blood! The terrible and sudden scene terrified everyone in the church as Qiao screamed in feared to see Lun’s state like this.

“LUN!!!” Qiao screamed, dropping her legs to the ground as she hold tight to Lun’s hands. “LUN!!! What’s wrong?!!!!!”

***

The scene shocked Gui. She was sitting there with her eyes widened and she could felt her heart stop beating for a moment. Her eyes saw Lun collapsed on the ground out of the blue and he was coughing blood from his mouth.

Gui couldn’t move. She was like a statue that can’t even move, not even her heart.

***

“Cough… cough…” Lun coughed again as he tried his best to speak. “Qiao… I-I’m sorry…”

“I don’t want you to say sorry, LUN!!! Anyone! Hurry up and call he ambulance immediately!!!” Qiao yelled as someone quickly called the ambulance while some men gathered around Lun.

Lun knew his time was up. But never would he have thought it would be on this day. And everything happened to sudden; he knew he had to finish his words before he left. He really wanted to say those words to her…

“G-Gui… c-call… call Gui… to come here…”

He requested, clenching his fists to endure the pain in his body. He had a cancer with him all the time but he was unable to tell anyone about this. A cancer that he’s fighting for so long and finally, he knew it was the end for now… He needed her now… at the last minute.

Someone rushed towards Gui and told her Lun requested to see her now. But Gui’s body was trembling so much that she could hardly breathe. Tears formed in her eyes as she can’t help but cried.

“G-Gui…” He called…

The voice was quite faint but Gui could hear it. Immediately, she gets up from her seat, running to Lun and screamed his name. “LUN!!!!!!”

When she reached his side, Qiao could only give her way in. Gui’s legs dropped to the ground too when she saw how Lun’s face was so pale, so white, as if he was going to die. “N-No… NO!!! LUN! You can’t die! NO!”

Lun finally smiles. “Gui… I-I always… want to… tell you something…”

“NO! I don’t want to hear! Don’t say anything! The ambulance will be right here now!!!” Gui yelled stubbornly, refusing to hear what he’s trying to say, not when he’s in this state.

He faced and turned to Qiao. “Q-Qiao… I-I’m sorry… but… I’m going… to be… honest to Gui now… I-I’m sorry but… the… the one…”

“No! Don’t say it out, Lun! Please!” Qiao begged with her tears….

“The one… I always loved… is Gui…”

***

Gui gasped in shocked. Before she could even think further of what he said, Lun continued his words to Gui.

“I-I always… loved you… not as a sister…” He paused and coughed again. “I-I’ve… I’ve been… having… girlfriends in the past… was… was just to see… what your… reaction would be…”

Gui was too shocked to even say anything. The worst, she can’t imagine what he just said to her.

“B-but… you didn’t… do anything… so I thought… you have no feelings… for me… but Gui… I… I always loved you…” Tears were falling down from Lun’s eyes as he went back to Qiao again. “Q-Qiao… I-I’m sorry for these past… few months… that… I dated you… when my heart… is still with Gui… I’m sorry…”

Qiao couldn’t bear to hear any longer. “Why?! Then why do you want to marry me when you still loved Gui?! Just why?!!!”

Lun slowly speaks with another cough. “Just to… make… Gui… to do… something… to stop me…”

Both Gui and Qiao gasped together.

“B-but… the main… reason… is that… my cancer… I-I don’t wish… to make Gui… to be more hurt… if she… found out… about my cancer… COUGH COUGH!!!” Blood spitted out again as people who are there panicked like hell.

Why hasn’t the ambulance arrived yet? Qiao thought. “Lun… I forgive you! I forgive you!!! So please don’t die! Please don’t die!!!!!”

But the coughing doesn’t stop and the blood kept on flowing out. Lun knew it was time to say everything he could now to Gui as fast as he can before he leaves.

“Gui… I’m… I’m sorry for not… telling you… that I loved you… When… when I’m gone… please… take care… of yourself…” Lun gave his last few breathe to tell her.

“LUN! I loved you too!!! So please… please don’t die! Please…” Gui confessed with her tears, putting her hands on his body. “Lun, please… don’t leave me… alone…”

He gave his last smile, one last smile to his beloved sister and lover. “This is what… I… always want to hear from you… My birthday wish had… come… true…”

“HURRY UP! THIS WAY!” Someone yelled. The ambulance had arrived as fast they could and the men were rushing towards Lun.

“T-This is it… Gui… I… loved… you…”

Slowly, his eyes closed and his hand dropped from Gui’s. His breathing has stopped. His heart has stopped.

“LUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!”

***

It’s been a week.

It’s been a week after his death on his wedding day. After suffering the loss of Lun, Gui had neither sleep nor eat properly. She was left alone in the house with her mother who came back from Europe after hearing the news of Lun’s death. Gui was like a dead person. She has never left the room for a week by now and her mother was worried about her daughter. Even though Gui and Lun weren’t her real son and daughter, she still loves them like her own children.

As for Qiao, she received such a huge blow that she almost wanted to commit suicide. But after sometime, she got out of it and had leave Taiwan and all the way to America.

The news of Lun’s death shocked everyone that who knows him.

After that day when Lun was gone, his death ceremony was held. Everyone including Qiao attended the ceremony only except Gui, who has locked herself in her room and never come out anymore.

Never come out… anymore… until…

***

(GRAVE)

She put the flowers on the grave and gently kneeled down, hands together and prayed in silence with her eyes closed.

“I’m sorry to visit you so late, Lun.” She opened her eyes and continued. “I can never imagine how badly I was when you’re gone.”

The wind blew across her as she went silence for awhile and smiled. “I’ve been thinking a lot, Lun. Even if I was able to confess to you earlier, your results would end the same dying with the cancer you had. I know you tried your best not to let me know but it only hurts me when you told me when you’re dying. It… hurts…”

Another wind blew across her.

“Are you listening to me, Lun?” She smiled as another strong wind blew across her. And this time, the wind blew was as if she had heard Lun replying, “Yes, I’m here, Gui.”

“I decided not cry anymore. Crying doesn’t solve anything or bring you back to life.” This is what she said but the next minute; she couldn’t do it and let a tear down. “I-I am trying my best not to cry…” She wiped her tears. “But it seems like my eyes aren’t listening to me…”

Staring at the name of the grave, she asked again. “What will you do if you were still alive? What will you do to make me not cry again? Lun, please tell me what to do so that I won’t suffer like what I am right now…”

There was no wind for this time.

“If… only you can bring me with you… sob… sob…” Her eyes shut as she cried hurtfully, hitting the ground terribly. “I can’t stand any longer, Lun… please take me with you…”

***

After the visiting of his grave, Gui left the place. Having no destination in her, she just kept walking and kept thinking, mumbling to herself as if she was enjoying it. “Happy Birthday To Lun… Happy Birthday To Lun… Happy Birthday To Lun… Happy Birthday To Lun…”

She was recalling the day when she celebrated Lun’s last birthday and was singing the birthday song with him. Her mind was stuck in that memory that she had no idea what is in front of her vision. She just kept walking and walking…

And then, she stopped as she saw a man standing opposite side of the road.

“Who is it…?”

Slowly, her vision is getting clearer as she saw Lun standing there with his smile, mouthing his words. “Come here…”

Gui couldn’t help and gave her smile, calling, “Lun…”

She started running…

And there, she ran… and ran… and ran… until… she felt her body suddenly went numb and everything almost went black…

***

The body lay lifelessly on the ground with blood flowing out of . Tears simply flow out of her eyes but she could not feel the pain after being knocked out by a car. She felt her body numb and she couldn’t even move an inch, except she could blink an eye, slowly recalling the memories that she had spent with him.

“Lun…” She gave her last breath by calling out his name.

“Hurry up! Quick! Call the ambulance!!!” Voices were yelling and passerby were all standing aside with their terrified look after witnessing how the girl was hit by a car. Someone make a call to the ambulance while some hurried their way to the girl and look at her state.

Almost around 5 men were around the girl.

And then, one spoke.

“No use. She’s dead.”

The girl lay on the ground, dead with her eyes open and slowly, the last tear drop from her eyes and everything was over.

***

Gui was walking and walking and walking. She felt nothing in here but for some reasons, her body moved on it’s own in the darkness. And then, she saw a small beam of light in front of her and there stood someone there.

As she was walking near to where the light was, she smiled again.

A hand stretched out to her as she placed her hand to his.

“I’ve been waiting for you, Gui…”

“Me too, Lun… we finally can be together…”

.
.
.

“Gui… you forgot to say something.” Lun reminded with her smirk.

Gui frowned but the next second, she realized what she always couldn’t say to him. “I love you, Lun. Always Love You Forever.”

-

Always Love You Forever - END

**********
**********
**********

Okay, I know the ending ! But this story was supposed to end like this, well uh, of course in my imagination though.

I would like to thank those who have supported me! Just one comment and it brightens me up! Though I know I kinda disappoint everyone for this -ish sad ending of the one-shot.

Maybe my first attempt in GUILUN fanfic seems to be a little weird. I guess maybe because I'm not really a big fan of GuiLun so that's why I didn't have much creativity in this story. But hey, I like them both individually! LOL.

THANKS FOR READING! I hope I'll be back with another one-shot soon! But well, one-shot isn't that easy to write. XP